Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Announced today:

1868 London! Lots of Marxism themes, in the reveal going on right now.

Brother/Sister relationship, although the rumor about being able to play as her might be debunked.
    Last edited by Rose; 05-12-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Default Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Gonna be batman too with the rope launcher and brass knuckles

Yawn. I'm so burned out on this series.

Honestly, **** Ubisoft and their conveyor belt style of making games. Annual franchises suck.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Announced today:

1868 London! Lots of Marxism themes, in the reveal going on right now.

Brother/Sister relationship, although the rumor about being able to play as her might be debunked.

It appears both twins are completely playable. I read they upgrade differently, and their skill sets are different enough that they can and should be used in different ways and approaching different levels in different ways. (Basically it sounds like he's easier to go into combat with and she's more equipped for stealth, but that's just a rough take at this point).

I've enjoyed the hell out of the series in spite of not really caring for the overarching story. But the last one has to be among the worst of the bunch. But I'm also under the impression that in order to maintain this annual release, they have different teams producing the games, and the team that produced the last one also did one of the off-shoots that no one seemed to like. So I have higher hopes for this.

No multiplayer, that's something I don't do, so it doesn't bother me at all, but nor do I assume that means the single player will be any better or worse because of it.

My main interest in these games is traversing these awesome landscapes, and collecting shit, so I see no reason this won't be at least adequate for my tastes. But it's also possible the release date binds it up with something else I'm interested in.

Can we kill civilians in this one?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Yawn. I'm so burned out on this series.

Honestly, **** Ubisoft and their conveyor belt style of making games. Annual franchises suck.
    This. I'll probably pick this up a year or so after launch when it's $20 like I did with black flag

Banned

Yea, this series had so much promise, it just went way downhill with all the spin-offs they made and butchering the story, making it not even interesting to play.

Sunshine State

This will be the first Main series Assassins Creed game I don't buy. I'll probably end up watching a lets play so I know the story.

I can only play the same thing so much, Unity wasn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It appears both twins are completely playable. I read they upgrade differently, and their skill sets are different enough that they can and should be used in different ways and approaching different levels in different ways. (Basically it sounds like he's easier to go into combat with and she's more equipped for stealth, but that's just a rough take at this point).

I've enjoyed the hell out of the series in spite of not really caring for the overarching story. But the last one has to be among the worst of the bunch. But I'm also under the impression that in order to maintain this annual release, they have different teams producing the games, and the team that produced the last one also did one of the off-shoots that no one seemed to like. So I have higher hopes for this.

No multiplayer, that's something I don't do, so it doesn't bother me at all, but nor do I assume that means the single player will be any better or worse because of it.

My main interest in these games is traversing these awesome landscapes, and collecting shit, so I see no reason this won't be at least adequate for my tastes. But it's also possible the release date binds it up with something else I'm interested in.
    I'm weirdly enjoying Unity now like 8 months? after release. I still don't like the new climbing controls and what not though. But yeah the guy that was lead director of Revelations did Unity with his studio.

They cycle through 3 studios, so for this one it'll be the AC2 team. Which hopefully explains why there's a way better setting, new characters that appear interesting, a nice new storyline that isn't boy grows up as a son of an assassin or templar, boy wants revenge as he becomes a man. Plus they took some stuff from the Arkham games that I think will work really well in the AC universe. I'm also fairly sure that AC2 was the one that had the carriage mission in it, which could explain why that's coming back albeit as a main feature in this one.

I'm glad that it seems both are playable then, I watched the preview? when they streamed it yesterday and they didn't mention her being playable but hey I'm all for variety in play styles.

They're releasing it at a weird time, 2 weeks after Star Wars: battlefront and just a few days before halo 5. So there's probably gonna be a deadzone around it. I can't imagine anyone else trying to launch shit in October that's gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm weirdly enjoying Unity now like 8 months? after release. I still don't like the new climbing controls and what not though. But yeah the guy that was lead director of Revelations did Unity with his studio.

They cycle through 3 studios, so for this one it'll be the AC2 team. Which hopefully explains why there's a way better setting, new characters that appear interesting, a nice new storyline that isn't boy grows up as a son of an assassin or templar, boy wants revenge as he becomes a man. Plus they took some stuff from the Arkham games that I think will work really well in the AC universe. I'm also fairly sure that AC2 was the one that had the carriage mission in it, which could explain why that's coming back albeit as a main feature in this one.

I'm glad that it seems both are playable then, I watched the preview? when they streamed it yesterday and they didn't mention her being playable but hey I'm all for variety in play styles.

They're releasing it at a weird time, 2 weeks after Star Wars: battlefront and just a few days before halo 5. So there's probably gonna be a deadzone around it. I can't imagine anyone else trying to launch shit in October that's gonna be good.

Yeah, I read that they're both playable on Gameinformer, in some "5 Facts You Should Know" article. So that's a pretty good source. They also stated the thing about the differing skills and having different upgrade trees. I just made the assumption about the combat / stealth thing.

I enjoyed three and four more than most I think. But this last one felt like it went backwards. Seemed to take some stuff away even. But I still enjoyed it for a while. And did beat it. But I had no interest in going back to 100% it, which I had done on the previous couple.

Hopefully it delivers. Unity wasn't bad imo but it seemed like you were doing the same things over and over at certain points.

Here's the article.

The team involved sounds more promising. They continue to move further forward in time it seems, which eventually will change the tenor of the game. Guns and vehicles. I liked the major shift with the boat in Black Flag personally. I know it butchered a lot of the overarching story stuff, but that whole thing is a mess to me anyway. I'd rather just play a cool pirating game.
    But this being industrial revolution, we're not to far from guns and more advanced travel. Do they eventually hit the American West 19th century time frame? If that's what it takes to get a sequel to Red Dead, I'd be find with it. As long as I can skip all the ridiculous Templar cut scenes.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-informer.aspx

Here's an interview with the developer with some more info too:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...syndicate.aspx

Awesome, thanks for the links. I think having two playable characters could be a boon to their business if they publicize it right. Playing as Evie could cater to the more traditional AC games of being stealthy and killing only when necessary, while playing as Jacob could be for the types who play AC because the combat is fairly fun/well done.

Agreed on the Red Dead stuff. There's some good potential there too with the Gold Rush, make it so there's a fight with the Templars over a ton of artifacts being found all at once there in addition to the gold. Decent opportunity to deal with what would happen if an every day man came across one as well.

I'm also hoping Ubisoft announces a stand alone pirate game as well, since they did a survey for one a couple years ago.

So the guy who directed Revelations and Unity was let go, right?

Anyway, I still haven't finished Rogue and still need to finish the co-op missions in Unity so there's a great chance I won't pick this up at launch since I might be burned out on too much AC.

I don't think I'll be able to play Arkham Knight until July, and as little as I play these days I might not finish that until October anyway. So yeah, there's actually a very good chance that this is my first major AC title that I don't get at launch.