Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Clevelands losing streak has finally broken the record. Where does the losing end?

Interesting the Cavs made over 50% shots from the field and over 40% from the 3 point line, but lost.

They got smashed on offensive rebounds (17 - 7).

They had one of the biggest front courts last year and now they are undersized at practically every position. I'm sorry, but 6'3'' Sessions and Antawn Jamison hardly make up for the giant hole in the middle that Cleveland now has.

Cleveland's turn for the worse partially was a result of losing most of their front court with no legitimate replacements.

College star

Default Re: Clevelands losing streak has finally broken the record. Where does the losing end?

if the cavs don't win another game this season, will stern move them to the d league?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I figured they could beat the Pistons.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Put Jamison on steroids and Cleveland will start winning again.

I doubt The Cavs are tanking up...they are just that bad of a team. If you watch them play you can see that they are trying to win. Its not like the Cavs players are out there missing shots on purpose.

Both Byron Scott and Dan Gilbert have too much pride to purposely lose 26 games in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    I doubt The Cavs are tanking up...they are just that bad of a team. If you watch them play you can see that they are trying to win. Its not like the Cavs players are out there missing shots on purpose.

Both Byron Scott and Dan Gilbert have too much pride to purposely lose 26 games in a row.
    How do you tell if a team is purposely losing though exactly?

Banned

i think what contributes to them having a hard time winning is that no opposing team wants the dishonor of losing to them. the Wizards is truly their only hope of breaking the losing streak.

Wow... Losing streak has extended even further! I don't know when it will end, but imagine they won the rest of the games for the entire season. That'd be awesome. Haha

They will win at least 5 more games once Mo returns and everyone who can be is healthy.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    How do you tell if a team is purposely losing though exactly?
    Let me ask this - Do you think these guys have the ability to purposely win?

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Yes, unless they accidentally won 8 games this season.

Its actually quite sad.. These guys are supposed to be professionals

Yet they still havnt made any trades or done anything to help themselves, this is the question I keep asking...

There is no point in tanking, no saviours in this draft

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Yes, unless they accidentally won 8 games this season.
    It may have been by accident who knows?
    But in all honesty I don't think they are purposely trying to tank, they might just not be good enough at this point, to purposely try and win. I think they are trying, it's just not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24

Its actually quite sad.. These guys are supposed to be professionals

Yet they still havnt made any trades or done anything to help themselves, this is the question I keep asking...

There is no point in tanking, no saviours in this draft
    Yea I don't know what they'd be tanking for, and to be honest why tank to make history? They'd be taking it to epic proportions - longest losing streak in any professional sport, biggest turn around in NBA history - really not necessary and only alienates your fanbase if they truly believe that you are tanking this bad. Clevelanders probably have much more important things to spend money on.

Furthermore, after Dan Gilbert's ultra heated address to the fans, and his guarantee that the Cav's would win before the "self proclaimed King", does anyone believe he would truly go THAT far, and then tank THIS bad? Makes him look like an utter and complete moron, and not just that, the laughing stock of the NBA, as well as his team and to a certain extent their fans. I don't think they're tanking, the just flat out are terrible right now and have a low morale thrown in with injuries, not a good mix.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Furthermore, after Dan Gilbert's ultra heated address to the fans, and his guarantee that the Cav's would win before the "self proclaimed King", does anyone believe he would truly go THAT far, and then tank THIS bad? Makes him look like an utter and complete moron, and not just that, the laughing stock of the NBA, as well as his team and to a certain extent their fans. I don't think they're tanking, the just flat out are terrible right now and have a low morale thrown in with injuries, not a good mix.
    Really, the Cavs being awful this season does not invalidate that particular comment. In fact, I would wager that it was more of a swipe at James than it was a statement about the Cavs' immediate future. It is still the onus of James to prove Gilbert wrong by winning a title... And he may not.

Also, anyone that took that letter seriously is a dipsh!t.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Also, anyone that took that letter seriously is a dipsh!t.
    Gilbert himself is a dipshit for writing it. And the organization as whole is even more of a dipshit for letting him release it. A letter to the season ticket holders maybe, but they put it on the frontpage of cavs.com. And I loved that letter. The numerous reasons for him to feel the way he did are obvious, it still remains extremely, EXTREMELY unprofessional and childish to do what he did. Gilbert and the organization deserve to have that letter thrown in their faces.