Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool
Default Why all the hate for Verrajo (sp)?

He may not be the most potent offensive weapon, but this dude has constantly made big plays for Cleveland in the clutch this year. Whether it’s a key rebound, drawing an offensive foul, or even making some crazy a*s shot no one expects to go in, Andy V is the man! He’s one of those guys that plays hard all the time.

I'm just wondering why he always seems to get bashed by Cav fans?
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why all the hate for Verrajo (sp)?

I love him, I really hope he resigns with us this offseason. But he's frustrating sometimes. He thinks he's a good offensive player and he does some stupid things, things he's not capable of.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Varejao myself. I think he's more worth to the team than people give him credit for. I didn't like the fact he held out for more money. But the way he hustles and plays hard, I think he's worth it. Usually there is only one thing to question on him. Which is his offensive decisions. Sometimes he drives to the basket or takes a jumper he'll usually won't make when he shouldn't. It's best if most of his shots come from passes 7 feet or closer to the basket.

He's a decent defender, great rebounder, he moves excellent without the ball and slashes to the basket a lot for passes, and one of the best floppers in the league to get the ball back to the Cavs.

This is slightly why yesterday when he went down in pain I was kind of holding my breath cause that mean our frontcourt would look something like this...

PF - Smith/Hickson
C - Big Z/Jackson
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am a bit of a harsher critic of Andy than most, but he does step it up when the Cavs need him to (expection being the gruesome shot he took in the NBA finals). He has a nose for getting the key rebound/loose ball. He just makes me cringe everytime he touches the ball, because outside shooting wide open jumpers, he has no clue how to do anything else. Most shots he make are a result of dumb luck.

He's good for team chemistry, and is a hit in the P.R. department (though for the life of me, I can't understand why his jersey is the 2nd most common Cavs jersey I see at games). I just hope they don't end up overpaying him, because he's not worth a dime more than what he makes right now, but I bet him and his agent think that they are.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I heart Varejao
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I can't understand why his jersey is the 2nd most common Cavs jersey I see at games.

Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: