Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How many/which draft picks would AZ want for Larry Fitzgerald?

Just wondering. They might as well not have him with the way Derek Anderson is throwing it, and at 27 he should be dominating the league right now. A union with the Pats is clearly in order, they've got the extra picks to make something happen and the QB to keep Fitz in the Pro Bowl, possibly even the record book. As he's at the start of his prime the asking price would be considerably higher than Moss's was, but with the potential of a Brady/Fitz hook-up, why not pay it?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How many/which draft picks would AZ want for Larry Fitzgerald?

NE has 2 first round picks. Oakland Raiders and thier own.

I'm sure Cards will ask for 2 first round picks. A team might say what about a 1st and 3rd. So somewhere in between there is where Larry Fitz value would be i'd think. He is Arizonas marquee talent. He is one of the leagues best WRs in the prime of his career. The fact he is kinda opposite of the typical diva WR is more appealing for a team to bring aboard.

NE can easily give up Oakland pick, 3rd rd pick and a future draft pick in 2012. Oakland is going to be drafting top 15 probably. Right now its located at 16th. NE has the picks to pull it off. They also have a knack for stockpiling picks. for example thier own first round pick? If they were to land Larry Fitz? They could move thier own first round pick by trading down and picking up extra picks. So dispite giving up 3 draft picks in my scenerio? NE can easily replace picks they lost. Getting back Larry Fitz a proven, established star studded WR has more value than the pick Oakland is sending you.

This is all if Arizona wanted to trade him and of all places NE being the destination. I understand NE got Randy Moss, but lets be real. Oakland traded him. Not exactly a franchise that makes brilliant decisions. That would suck ass if NE ended up with a talent like Larry Fitz. The numbers that offense would do.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Doesn't matter, he's reuniting with the coach that made him into a super beast, Todd Haley. Move along now.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

That would be an interesting move but if your a cards why would you make that deal? There will be a ton of quarterbacks availble this off-season via the draft, trade or free agency that might not be franchise QB's but that can do a better job then what you have right now also that would allow you to draft a young QB like a Mallet or Locker and let them sit and learn while still being somewhat competitive at the same time. Off the top of my head a Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, McNabb, Tavaris Jackson, Alex Smith could all be had this off-season without giving up your franchise non diva wide out in Larry Fitz.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

What was Marshall had for?

2nd rounder?

I'd say a 2nd and 3rd rounder would be fair. Or just a 1st rounder.

Highly doubt it happens though. It's not the Patriots way. I have no doubt the Pats are going to spend the majority of their high picks on defense to build that side of the ball the way Bill want it to be so they can get back a powerhouse defense, because until they get a dominant defense, they won't win a championship.

They know the formula for winning rings down there - dominant defense, steady quarterback play, great line play, good play calling.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What was Marshall had for?

2nd rounder?

I'd say a 2nd and 3rd rounder would be fair. Or just a 1st rounder.

Highly doubt it happens though. It's not the Patriots way. I have no doubt the Pats are going to spend the majority of their high picks on defense to build that side of the ball the way Bill want it to be so they can get back a powerhouse defense, because until they get a dominant defense, they won't win a championship.

They know the formula for winning rings down there - dominant defense, steady quarterback play, great line play, good play calling.

That trade happened years ago. 2nd and 5th. Its 2010.

Quote:
"The Cowboys will give up a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '10."

Just saying.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know what it would take, but I think that the Browns should take a hard look and at least have a discussion. Put Fitz in Cleveland next year and we are immediate playoff contenders and he fits the Mangini mold.

Of course, everyone wants Fitz, I'm sure... But he went to Pitt and maybe he would like the competition that the AFC North has to offer.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Somebody on another board said Kolb & Djax to Arizona for Fitz....

Would Eagle fans do it?

I sure would
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Somebody on another board said Kolb & Djax to Arizona for Fitz....

Would Eagle fans do it?

I sure would

One of my favorite players so as a Fitz fan I would say yes, but I'm biased. Vick and Fitz would be lethal together. Larry is one of the best blocking wide receivers in the game today, he'd do great with McCoy and Vick.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just don't want to see him in New England.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I don't know what it would take, but I think that the Browns should take a hard look and at least have a discussion. Put Fitz in Cleveland next year and we are immediate playoff contenders and he fits the Mangini mold.

Of course, everyone wants Fitz, I'm sure... But he went to Pitt and maybe he would like the competition that the AFC North has to offer.

No way Fitz agrees to leave the Cards...which he'd only consider due to their horrible QB situation...for a group of guys who aren't decidedly better than Anderson, Hall & Skelton.

He won't go anywhere that isn't a great situation, and nobody is looking to leave Arizona so they can winter in Ohio.

Cold weather place would have to be somewhere like NE or GB, maybe Philly or NY.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
No way Fitz agrees to leave the Cards...which he'd only consider due to their horrible QB situation...for a group of guys who aren't decidedly better than Anderson, Hall & Skelton.

He won't go anywhere that isn't a great situation, and nobody is looking to leave Arizona so they can winter in Ohio.

Cold weather place would have to be somewhere like NE or GB, maybe Philly or NY.

Fitz in NY would be great.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

I really don't think that weather will be an issue. Remember... He chose Pitt for college and was born in Minneapolis.

I also think that you are underestimating the situation in Cleveland. We really are not far from being a playoff team (and once you make it in, anything can happen)... And McCoy is far better than anyone the Cards have at the QB spot. In fact, I would argue that all three Browns' QBs are better than any one of the Cards' QBs and I'm a guy who has seen plenty (too much) of Derek Anderson.

I'm not saying he would choose Cleveland. He will probably see some better options out there. But, the Browns are a couple of additions away from being a contender in the AFC.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I really don't think that weather will be an issue. Remember... He chose Pitt for college and was born in Minneapolis.

I also think that you are underestimating the situation in Cleveland. We really are not far from being a playoff team (and once you make it in, anything can happen)... And McCoy is far better than anyone the Cards have at the QB spot. In fact, I would argue that all three Browns' QBs are better than any one of the Cards' QBs and I'm a guy who has seen plenty (too much) of Derek Anderson.

I'm not saying he would choose Cleveland. He will probably see some better options out there. But, the Browns are a couple of additions away from being a contender in the AFC.

McCoy's a caretaker, not a championship QB. Better story than player. And Delhomme? Please.

Fitz isn't going somewhere to be a playoff contender. He runs the show; he'll go somewhere he can rack up big stats (he's never made any secret of his desire to be an all time great, and you get there with stats) and win. I just don't see Cleveland, with the cow pasture field they play on, being anywhere on his radar.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not sure he's the type of guy who would try and force a trade at all, he's certainly made no waves. But if he did, he'd want to go to a great team, or at least a team with a great QB. Which is why a trade to the Pats with Brady would be absolutely perfect for him. There may not be a better situation for him anywhere than he would have here.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: