Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    fukk these greedy hood rats.:

Racist or just plain stupid?

You decide....

(btw...this point proves my point.....)

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Lawyer Breaks Down The Truth About NBA Lockout & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by themurph
    Listen...I don't know how old u r...But I'm old enough to remember the NFL strike with the league used Scabs because the players refused to play due to what they saw as a $hitty deal...And no one called them selfish...When the MLB had their strike sure you had a few folks call them greedy...But the majority of the people didn't call them dumb, greedy ect...And really, the NHL could not even afford a work stoppage...They are at best a niche sports so they had to take the owners were offering...
    Were athletes back then making millions of dollars during that NFL strike?

It took years for MLB to make up for their losses during the strike in '94. People were pissed and did call them dumb.

The NHL now is actually in a better position than they were before the lockout. The owners won that one. It's also way more than just a "niche" sport. Nice try though...

Like I said, I don't count another man's/woman's paycheck unless it has a huge effect on me...This is not a Occupy Wall Street case where the 1 percent is getting by without paying their fair share...The NBA is entertainment...They get paid outrageous sums of money because fans support said sports...But you really don't have to go to the game or watch it on TV, do you?
    I couldn't care less personally what they make. I just find it ridiculous that anyone makes even a million a year playing a sport. Then you have athletes making hundreds of millions of dollars and they're refusing to play because they're being asked to give some money up? That's pathetic. You're right the fans do support it. We pay our hard earned money to buy a ticket to a game, buy that $100 jersey or those $175 pair of shoes. So yes when they decide that it's not enough that we do all that and they refuse to accept this deal and play then it does suck.

So you can move on or have the maturity to understand that 6'6 guys with 46 inch verticals are millionaires for a reason...If we all could run through linebackers, hit a curve ball or shoot 3's under pressure there would be no millionaires in sports...
    I love how I'm immature because I don't share the same opinion. I'm not changing my opinion that the NBA players look stupid in all of this.

In other words, fall back and grow up...
    Or you could learn to accept other peoples opinions.

NBA Superstar

Racist or just plain stupid?

You decide....

(btw...this point proves my point.....)

stfu nerd

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

It took years for MLB to make up for their losses during the strike in '94. People were pissed and did call them dumb.

The NHL now is actually in a better position than they were before the lockout. The owners won that one. It's also way more than just a "niche" sport. Nice try though...

I couldn't care less personally what they make. I just find it ridiculous that anyone makes even a million a year playing a sport. Then you have athletes making hundreds of millions of dollars and they're refusing to play because they're being asked to give some money up? That's pathetic. You're right the fans do support it. We pay our hard earned money to buy a ticket to a game, buy that $100 jersey or those $175 pair of shoes. So yes when they decide that it's not enough that we do all that and they refuse to accept this deal and play then it does suck.

I love how I'm immature because I don't share the same opinion. I'm not changing my opinion that the NBA players look stupid in all of this.

I can't when said opinions lack depth and understanding...

NHL being a niche sport? Nice Try? I'm not the only one saying this (Google it..)....The reason why the players had no juice in their union issues is A) the NHL players are not American commercial commodities (i.e. you couldn't pick them out from a line up like you could say Albert Pueljos or Brady or even Eli Manning....But more importantly, they lack a true television contract, which is the real reason why people call the NHL a niche sport...

Again...why is it so hard for you to understand? You don't have to pay tickets so see your favorite sport...You don't have to buy the sneakers or jerseys...

You sound like a 8 year old kid who doesn't understand how the world works...And really, that optimism is cool and should be applauded...But sooner or later you have to understand how entertainment works...

stfu nerd

Yep...stupid (and maybe racist...)

NBA Superstar

Yep...stupid (and maybe racist...)

smarter than u fgt

   

calmer than u fgt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCujz2HzE7M

(disregard hebrew subs- i assume they were planted there by bagelred)

Look at it this way. How many jobs are that importants? There's only a select few jobs that I feel are so important that we can't afford to lose them.

Police officers
    Teachers
    Medical doctors
    Soldiers
    Firemen

Every other job is based off of a demand. Athletes are no different.

   

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Police officers
    Teachers
    Medical doctors
    Soldiers
    Firemen
    agree. unfortunately teachers followed by cops & fireman have been getting their asses kicked economically for quite a few years, now. i'm amazed any young person these days wants to be a teacher or a cop with honorable intentions. those two jobs in particular are getting exponentially more stressful by the day. it's like sticking your head into a partial noose...

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    agree. unfortunately teachers followed by cops & fireman have been getting their asses kicked economically for quite a few years, now. i'm amazed any young person these days wants to be a teacher or a cop with honorable intentions. those two jobs in particular are getting exponentially more stressful by the day. it's like sticking your head into a partial noose...
    Before decertification:

Owners offer players 50/50 split. Players refuse.

After decertification:

Owners offer 47/53 split. Even players win decertification case, an unknowm amount of games are missed for the owners to eventually settle with players for a 50/50 split.

Why are the players doing thjs again?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Before decertification:

Owners offer players 50/50 split. Players refuse.

After decertification:

Owners offer 47/53 split. Even players win decertification case, an unknowm amount of games are missed for the owners to eventually settle with players for a 50/50 split.

Why are the players doing thjs again?

Because the players felt like the deal was crap...No one ever said that labor strife is easy....Business 101...Owners will always have the upper hand...But that's not a good enough reason to wave a white flag...If you believe in something you fight for it...win or lose...
    Last edited by themurph; 11-15-2011 at 10:48 PM.

   

the players did not decertify and they did not move to decertify. that's the first thing to know.

second thing to know is that there are a lot of unknowns with the case going before the bar. that's for sure.

Local High School Star

Because the players felt like the deal was crap...No one ever said that labor strife is easy....Business 101...Owners will always have the upper hand...But that's not a good enough reason to wave a white flag...If you believe in something you fight for it...win or lose...
    Dumbest thing I ever read.

"We're fighting over money so we'll make sure we really lose a lot of it it prove our point Why because we believe in it"

It's business for Christs sake sometimes you win sometimes you lose, players have been on the winning end for the last 12 years and don't want to take a loss. Any good business person will never take a huge loss to prove a point or feel good about themselves in the morning but the union from the very start of this was in full denial and is getting their asses handed to them.

The players are too emotional in this or at least some of them are, some had their heads screwed on straight but the ones pulling the strings are doing this for all the wrong reasons. The whole fighting for the future of the players of tomorrow is BS rhetoric.

The problem is you had Hunter who wanted to go out with a bang leave his mark on the players union By screwing over Stern one more time and Derek Fisher who was too timid to stand up to him and his cronies and actually represent the players who put him in place. That's why they didn't put this to a player vote Monday and let the players speak for themselves. And spare me the Kessler comments about not letting the opposing parties speak to the rank and file.

The players were never given copies of the previous owners proposal early in November even when the requested copies of it. That's why with the latest proposal the NBA went public because they knew the players were being railroaded by the leadership

Hunter nor fisher or team reps never invited players to this meeting until Sunday night when Hunter sent out a mass e-mail

Some players are complaining their reps never even contacted them for their views on the latest proposal.

Some players have not heard from their reps once since this began.

This union has been so horribly repped from the beginning I'll wage a dollar to donuts Hunter finds himself in a lawsuit brought on by players when this is over. It's so sad these players have been repped this way and steered down this path that does nothing for them but costs them millions of dollars with a 10% chance at a moral victory in 3 or 4 years.

I can understand being a player fan and wanting the best for them in all this but player fan guy had better open his eyes and realize the players are about to be shafted on a grand scale and it's not the owners who are doing it.

Stand for something or fall for nothing. Players did what they had to do in order to get a fair deal. I don't blame them. Hopefully it works out for both sides. They need to get their business straight and get back on the court.

Good High School Starter

No, it took one year for MLB to gain back the fans.

Has nothing to do with the CBA, does it? People go to hockey games to watch hockey. They don't make that decision based on how much players make.

By the way, average ticket price for an NHL game is now 25% higher than when the lockout happened. I guess it's great for the fans that money moved from players to owners.