Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

Question. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Al Jefferson.

Ideally, do you think they're centers or power forwards? Jefferson is not only short but, despite being a very good shot-blocker, has no defensive feel for the center position. Noah and Horford are hybrids and if the Bulls were smart they'd work out a way to trade Deng and a pick and maybe (if needed) sign&trade Asik for Horford, to re-pair the Florida boys together.

Just curious.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Question. Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Al Jefferson.

Ideally, do you think they're centers or power forwards? Jefferson is not only short but, despite being a very good shot-blocker, has no defensive feel for the center position. Noah and Horford are hybrids and if the Bulls were smart they'd work out a way to trade Deng and a pick and maybe (if needed) sign&trade Asik for Horford, to re-pair the Florida boys together.

Just curious.
    They are all forwards. Pekovic consistently beats them up.

I've been seeing the world for months, been away from everything let alone hoops... hadn't followed anything... people dodging storms had some of my attention too, there at the end of my away-ness, if there's such a word.

Came back to find an entirely new Wolves!!!

Do you think the team was reading our posts last spring? Because this is like a dream come true.... last time I was on here we were howling about the weak roster surrounding Love, Rubio, and Pekovic. Beasley's lackadaisical attitude, Dorko's dorkiness on the court, Tolliver's lack of fit in the system.... etc. etc..... they're ALL GONE!!
    Now it's AK47 & Dante Cunningham!!! WOW
    They got freaking SHVED!!!????

I've watched several games from tape.... Pek's relatively low numbers this year are due to the vastly changed teammates and the style of the new Wolves... scoring threats abound unlike last year... now they can stretch the court and force defenses into agony of indecision... with the secret weapon of Amundson now on the bench...

I predict, O Crystal Ball!!

TONIGHT Rampaging Wolves will CRUSH the GRANGER-LESS Pacers!!

Pek needs to put up one of his patented 25 & 10 games, showing Hibbert to the door - better yet THROUGH the door - and taking the All Star spot that The Bulldozer should have had last year.

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial"]His Royal Montenegrin Highness, the Arch-Duke of Dunk, Sprinter of Hardwood Transition Smashes, Right Royal Defender of the Paint....
    Nik-o-la... the DEEE-STROY-ER...
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    They are all forwards. Pekovic consistently beats them up.

I've been seeing the world for months, been away from everything let alone hoops... hadn't followed anything... people dodging storms had some of my attention too, there at the end of my away-ness, if there's such a word.

Came back to find an entirely new Wolves!!!

Do you think the team was reading our posts last spring? Because this is like a dream come true.... last time I was on here we were howling about the weak roster surrounding Love, Rubio, and Pekovic. Beasley's lackadaisical attitude, Dorko's dorkiness on the court, Tolliver's lack of fit in the system.... etc. etc..... they're ALL GONE!!
    Now it's AK47 & Dante Cunningham!!! WOW
    They got freaking SHVED!!!????

I've watched several games from tape.... Pek's relatively low numbers this year are due to the vastly changed teammates and the style of the new Wolves... scoring threats abound unlike last year... now they can stretch the court and force defenses into agony of indecision... with the secret weapon of Amundson now on the bench...

I predict, O Crystal Ball!!

TONIGHT Rampaging Wolves will CRUSH the GRANGER-LESS Pacers!!

Pek needs to put up one of his patented 25 & 10 games, showing Hibbert to the door - better yet THROUGH the door - and taking the All Star spot that The Bulldozer should have had last year.

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial"]His Royal Montenegrin Highness, the Arch-Duke of Dunk, Sprinter of Hardwood Transition Smashes, Right Royal Defender of the Paint....
    Nik-o-la... the DEEE-STROY-ER...
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

You guys have looked great without your two best players and with Pekovic not even playing especially well...Kirilenko tho...wow, he looks incredible.

And I do think Roy will get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You guys have looked great without your two best players and with Pekovic not even playing especially well...Kirilenko tho...wow, he looks incredible.

And I do think Roy will get much better.

What can you say bro?

Last night the big Montenegrin threw down 30 (granted he was playing against a toothpick) tonight Wolves have Rubio back!!

salalalala !!

What can you say bro?

Last night the big Montenegrin threw down 30 (granted he was playing against a toothpick) tonight Wolves have Rubio back!!

salalalala !!

He's gotta get those rebounds up...he'll be fine tho. All season his game has looked great but he's missed gimmes. He'll get it. I can't rank him higher than the top 10 because he simply hasn't been doing long enough, but he's got the game and as long as he's healthy and Wolves are healthy, we'll see it.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

Pekovic started training basketball really late, 16, he had troubles with movement coordination etc, which is expected for a big guy getting into basketball late, everything he has he earned it with hard work, he is great post player but he doesn't have many post moves, he has couple of them but is extremely efficient with them...

I would love for him to stay with Timberwolves, they have great potential and they can play some great bball.

I think his rebounding numbers are a bit low, because in Europe he was tought that most important thing is that your team gets the rebound, he does a lot of important boxing out and leaving the rebounds for love and smaller guys, He doesn't give a lot of off rebounds to opposition thats for sure.
    On the other side he is great offensive rebounder and I consider that much more important, as long as you aren't hurting your team with not boxing out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Pekovic started training basketball really late, 16, he had troubles with movement coordination etc, which is expected for a big guy getting into basketball late, everything he has he earned it with hard work, he is great post player but he doesn't have many post moves, he has couple of them but is extremely efficient with them...

I would love for him to stay with Timberwolves, they have great potential and they can play some great bball.

I think his rebounding numbers are a bit low, because in Europe he was tought that most important thing is that your team gets the rebound, he does a lot of important boxing out and leaving the rebounds for love and smaller guys, He doesn't give a lot of off rebounds to opposition thats for sure.
    On the other side he is great offensive rebounder and I consider that much more important, as long as you aren't hurting your team with not boxing out etc.
    Many times this season and last I have watched him block out 3 guys at once. He has a way of getting position that just demolishes other teams in the paint. DeMarcus Cousins lives in fear, and those little Lopez guys are matchsticks. He shut down Varejao.
    In my opinion, and I don't know what the locker room discussions are. But the T Wolves should match Pekovic with KG instead of Love. KG needs to just be shoved all over the court and made to go sit on the bench to cry. But they don't rely on it. They should be playing to his strength especially against guys like Garnett.

So it is size and power, sure, but there is more to it than that. His legs are always correct. His arms are always elevated and spread.
    It's very strange too, because he LOOKS to be all out of position for a great rebound expert. This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.
    You are exactly right.

If Kevin Love can get back to 100% this front court is going to tear it up because Andrey is another beast on the boards.
    Last edited by La Frescobaldi; 12-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Many times this season and last I have watched him block out 3 guys at once. He has a way of getting position that just demolishes other teams in the paint. DeMarcus Cousins lives in fear, and those little Lopez guys are matchsticks. He shut down Varejao.
    In my opinion, and I don't know what the locker room discussions are. But the T Wolves should match Pekovic with KG instead of Love. KG needs to just be shoved all over the court and made to go sit on the bench to cry. But they don't rely on it. They should be playing to his strength especially against guys like Garnett.

So it is size and power, sure, but there is more to it than that. His legs are always correct. His arms are always elevated and spread.
    It's very strange too, because he LOOKS to be all out of position for a great rebound expert. This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.
    You are exactly right.

If Kevin Love can get back to 100% this front court is going to tear it up because Andrey is another beast on the boards.

KG is playing C now so I expect that Pekovic will match up with him.

The thing about Pekovic is that he needs a good passing PG in order for him to be great. Without a good passing PG I'd simply rate Pekovic as a pretty good player. Pekovic is about as elite as you can get when it comes to the pick and roll game and that was observed last year as he was rated the second best player in the entire league in those situations according to synergy stats.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    The thing about Pekovic is that he needs a good passing PG in order for him to be great. Without a good passing PG I'd simply rate Pekovic as a pretty good player. Pekovic is about as elite as you can get when it comes to the pick and roll game and that was observed last year as he was rated the second best player in the entire league in those situations according to synergy stats.
    No he doesn't , he only needs someone to get him the ball in the low post .

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    The most important thing is that the playmaker knows when to give him the ball, if he gets the ball down low he knows how to create from himself from there, he isn't just scoring off pick and rolls... But I get your point he is great in pick and roll situations.

About his rebounds, I'm sure that if he was interested just in geting them to improve his numbers he would have no problems to get atleast 10 per game, just by using his size.

This guy looks nothing like Barkley or Garnett on a rebounding rip. I suspect this may be, because he has no elevation (or very little, compared to these NBA guys...) and so coach Sikma is pouring the positioning knowledge into his ear. But in fact, it appears that he is boxing out instead of rebounding. Which is true team play.
    He learned it from Dusko Vujosevic in Partizan that is for sure. :) He insists on boxing out and securing the rebound for the team. He also made him realize how important is offensive rebounding.
    Last edited by Partizan; 12-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.

I just love how Pekovic decided "he is not worth it"

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    The most important thing is that the playmaker knows when to give him the ball, if he gets the ball down low he knows how to create from himself from there, he isn't just scoring off pick and rolls... But I get your point he is great in pick and roll situations.

About his rebounds, I'm sure that if he was interested just in geting them to improve his numbers he would have no problems to get atleast 10 per game, just by using his size.

He learned it from Dusko Vujosevic in Partizan that is for sure. :) He insists on boxing out and securing the rebound for the team. He also made him realize how important is offensive rebounding.
    Pek will have to have his game tonight. Mavs are not at their best but they always bring it in the paint.

According to gabepizza, this guy was never good enough to play in the NBA and would never be anything more than a 3rd string scrub. Oh, and anyone who disagreed with that was a, "delusional nut case".

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    According to gabepizza, this guy was never good enough to play in the NBA and would never be anything more than a 3rd string scrub. Oh, and anyone who disagreed with that was a, "delusional nut case".
    Lie. I said that about Bourousis, not Pekovic. Stop spreading lies.