Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Melo has 43 on 3 free throw attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    LINK

nope.

WOW Antawn Jamison did it back to back in 3 days

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lebron doesn't get alot of calls going to the rim, but the refs protect him as a defender. He is never in foul trouble, whereas Melo doesn't get calls on either side.
    This, cant believe how overrated lebrons defense is. No good aggressive defender is never in foul trouble it just doesn't happen. He could foul out of every game on offensive fouls alone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yeah I know, but he was never like this last season if I remember right. Dude's a straight b!tch.
    he has been the exact same since he joined u just aren't paying attention

Yeah I know, but he was never like this last season if I remember right. Dude's a straight b!tch.
    He sorta does the same thing to players on other teams, too. Especially the good teams in the West. This is the same guy that kept calling Kenneth Faried a little bitch and punk during a Clippers/Nuggets game. I'm guessing he's irrationally hated on some Blazers players the last two nights in the game thread.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

WTF is your problem CF86? Why are you so butthurt about OKC recently? I stuck up for you when you got banned.. I regret it. I shall enjoy the Clippers getting wiped out in the second round.
    I'm not blindly hating on OKC. I'm annoyed of their FT shooting antics (Durant, Westbrook and Martin). No different than you shitting on Griffin for flopping last year and it didn't make me have a personal issue with you. Bottom line is.... It's annoying to see Durant regularly shoot 20 free throws when he gets very little contact normally.

I like OKC, but they do get a lot of calls. Especially Durant. It feels like it's automatic FT's whenever he gets into the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I like OKC, but they do get a lot of calls. Especially Durant. It feels like it's automatic FT's whenever he gets into the paint.
    Exactly. I don't dislike OKC for personal reasons. I'm just sick of the free throw shooting contests they have among themselves because refs are trigger happy in their favor. Not even the paint though man. Durant gets foul calls a TON on rebounds and pull up jumpers with zero or minimal contact. How many times a game does he get a foul called for him on supposedly illegal picks? Not the screening players fault that he weighs 150 and goes flying when he hits a screen.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm not blindly hating on OKC. I'm annoyed of their FT shooting antics (Durant, Westbrook and Martin). No different than you shitting on Griffin for flopping last year and it didn't make me have a personal issue with you. Bottom line is.... It's annoying to see Durant regularly shoot 20 free throws when he gets very little contact normally.
    Regularly? He's averaging 9.3 per game LOL.. so I'll counter with saying he averages 2 in games regularly Gotta do better than that.

Exactly. I don't dislike OKC for personal reasons. I'm just sick of the free throw shooting contests they have among themselves because refs are trigger happy in their favor. Not even the paint though man. Durant gets foul calls a TON on rebounds and pull up jumpers with zero or minimal contact. How many times a game does he get a foul called for him on supposedly illegal picks? Not the screening players fault that he weighs 150 and goes flying when he hits a screen.
    On average? Maybe once every 3-5 games. You act like he's picking up 2 or 3 of these type fouls every game.

Regularly? He's averaging 9.3 per game LOL.. so I'll counter with saying he averages 2 in games regularly Gotta do better than that.
    I'm not being literal when I say 20. You gotta admit it's bogus when WAY more physical players who absorb way more contact such as Griffin, Lebron and Melo shoot significantly less free throws.

I'm not being literal when I say 20. You gotta admit it's bogus when WAY more physical players who absorb way more contact such as Griffin, Lebron and Melo shoot significantly less free throws.
    That's why they don't get as many FT"s as Durant, though. They absorb the contact better than Durant due to the difference in their build and strength. You and the other haters can believe what you want, but Durant doesn't get nearly as many unwarranted fouls as many of you want to believe he gets. He just doesn't have a strong frame or solid base, so it's much more obvious when he drives in the lane and gets hit or bumped on a shot attempt.

I'm not saying every foul call in his favor is a good one, because he does get a few questionable calls a game; but it's not like he's getting 3 or 4 completely bogus trips to the FT line every single game.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Durant drives to the basket a lot. He's 6'11 with great handles, practically unstoppable when he does, hence why he gets fouled so often. Griffin flops too much so the refs don't award him as much in case he's flopping.. and Lebron.. really? Melo I don't watch.. the Knicks are boring.

Melo = bawse.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Melo = bawse.

Durant drives to the basket a lot. He's 6'11 with great handles, practically unstoppable when he does, hence why he gets fouled so often. Griffin flops too much so the refs don't award him as much in case he's flopping.. and Lebron.. really? Melo I don't watch.. the Knicks are boring.
    Durant plays on the perimeter more than all 3 players last I saw according to floor charts. In other words these guys all drive to the basket more if I'm remembering correctly. As for flops for Griffin, I agree flopping last year has given him a bad rep but that's not fair this year when he's not doing it hardly at all.