Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jerry THE LOGO West blesses Harrison Barnes with a shooting lesson!

And in turn he's blessing all of us by having done this in front of a camera:

https://youtu.be/1JjHaskE24Y?t=1m38s

When Jerry gives a shooting lesson, players listen! Legend.

Default Re: Jerry THE LOGO West blesses Harrison Barnes with a shooting lesson!

why was this at a Lakers facility? I thought Jerry West was employed by the Warriors?

National High School Star

You don't usually post about anything besides Wilt, but when you do it is legitimately good stuff

Jerry legitimately has a broken jumper. If he tried to use that in today's game he would get stuffed almost every possession. I only played D-2 ball but I could teach Mr.West a few things about A) Keeping your elbow unilateral and B) Keeping your knees upright

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    And in turn he's blessing all of us by having done this in front of a camera:

https://youtu.be/1JjHaskE24Y?t=1m38s

When Jerry gives a shooting lesson, players listen! Legend.
    Logo has a lot of faith in him. I think this was before the playoffs though. I like Barnes. Hope we keep him without over paying.

NBA All-star

it probably wasn't even worth it

West he himself knows that.
    if they lose the championship because any wrong doing that of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Jerry legitimately has a broken jumper. If he tried to use that in today's game he would get stuffed almost every possession. I only played D-2 ball but I could teach Mr.West a few things about A) Keeping your elbow unilateral and B) Keeping your knees upright
    Jerry West has probably forgotten more about shooting than you've learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    why was this at a Lakers facility? I thought Jerry West was employed by the Warriors?
    He is but I think he's just training in LA, could even be just for the video. And maybe West lives in LA though I'm not sure on that one. That alone would be good reason for Barnes to be there, I recall reading West offered to show him some things or Barnes asked West about it or something, and they agreed to meet up for it. Since West is an old man, probably was at West's locations and times of choice.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-25-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Lolllll ok.

rank sentamentalist

that's a sick video

harrison barnes is going to be compared to kawai in the future. it's not this video that convinced me, but it's obvious the guy has all the tools. 20+ ppg scorer in three years max.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    that's a sick video

harrison barnes is going to be compared to kawai in the future. it's not this video that convinced me, but it's obvious the guy has all the tools. 20+ ppg scorer in three years max.
    Barnes looks like he's really paying attention to West's advice, and he's got West excited about his improvements.

If West gives a player his blessing... well West has proven to have GOAT tier talent recognition. Barnes is going to at the very least, maximize his potential talking and listening to a legend like West. It's like when Kobe and other players go to Hakeem to learn moves.

There's a slew of legends that just command authority on their knowledge of the game. West is one of them it's so cool watching him teach.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He is but I think he's just training in LA, could even be just for the video. And maybe West lives in LA though I'm not sure on that one. That alone would be good reason for Barnes to be there, I recall reading West offered to show him some things or Barnes asked West about it or something, and they agree'd to meet up for it. Since West is an old man, probably was at West's locations and times of choice.
    I remember watching KD's offseason documentary and he was playing at a Laker's facility so I assume in the offseason its pretty common.

West might be the overall basketball GOAT when you consider all of the great things he's done post retirement.

Even some guys from the 90's are horribly out of touch with today's game, but West still has a great eye for talent.

rank sentamentalist

barnes just looked really good this year. it's his jumper. same form every time, perfect mechanics. his handle is adequate. he bulked up and has a great body. his only competition for minutes is on the tail end of his career. and he's surrounded by a shitload of talent.

i think this is a no brainer but maybe i'm just hyping myself into it

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    barnes just looked really good this year. it's his jumper. same form every time, perfect mechanics. his handle is adequate. he bulked up and has a great body. his only competition for minutes is on the tail end of his career. and he's surrounded by a shitload of talent.

i think this is a no brainer but maybe i'm just hyping myself into it
    He was also utilized better by Kerr than what Marc Jackson did, Barnes also became more assertive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CMud0dPf8