Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Joe Johnson doesn't have to worry about getting hurt because he rarely has contact with any other players.
I asked that question because Wally_world said ATL lost their best player.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:13 AM   #17
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I wouldn't have done the Johnson trade, but I have to admit that if he plays the whole season at his current level he'll have been worth the deal. Diaw has fallen off this season.

The Hawks are 5-17 in the last 22 games. Joe Johnsons numbers are pretty much bloated. He never takes the ball to the basket, his passing ability is VERY overrated. He doesn't play defense either.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #18
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Personally, I hope Belkin gets the team and pulls a Sterling. Atleast then they would be of use to somebody. I swear, there can't be a more worthless franchise in the history of sports. Is there any other franchise that's been in a city for 50 years and never accomplish anything?

Only the Hawks.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The Hawks are 5-17 in the last 22 games. Joe Johnsons numbers are pretty much bloated. He never takes the ball to the basket, his passing ability is VERY overrated. He doesn't play defense either.
Team is bad, but a guy that can average 28 on 50% is a guy that can undeniably score. The Hawks' problem is that most of their talent is SFs (some can also play sg and some can also play power forward but Johnson, Smith, Childress, an Williams are all 3s). They just need to make some trades. If they get back fair value in pgs and centers they can be good.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:05 AM   #20
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Team is bad, but a guy that can average 28 on 50% is a guy that can undeniably score. The Hawks' problem is that most of their talent is SFs (some can also play sg and some can also play power forward but Johnson, Smith, Childress, an Williams are all 3s). They just need to make some trades. If they get back fair value in pgs and centers they can be good.

For all that was given up for him, JJ should be on the Kobe Bryant level. He's Not. He should have stuck to being the 4th option in PHX because he'll never lead a team anywhere as the main option. That's pretty clear.

The Hawks as a team aren't ver going to do anything because they've never do anything of importance in their 50 eyars in Atlanta.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

That doesn't make sense. How can you know a team lead by Johnson goes nowhere when he has such a poor cast around him? Judgments should be reserved until he's got good players at pg and in the frontcourt. Right now his most talented teammates play the same positions that he does. I wouldn't have done the trade either but judging by the VC and AI trades 2 first round picks and a solid roleplayer is the going rate for an All-Star...and no, Johnson isn't as good as them but that fact actually makes who the Hawks gave up to get him look better in retrospect.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #22
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
That doesn't make sense. How can you know a team lead by Johnson goes nowhere when he has such a poor cast around him? Judgments should be reserved until he's got good players at pg and in the frontcourt. Right now his most talented teammates play the same positions that he does. I wouldn't have done the trade either but judging by the VC and AI trades 2 first round picks and a solid roleplayer is the going rate for an All-Star...and no, Johnson isn't as good as them but that fact actually makes who the Hawks gave up to get him look better in retrospect.

The Hawks gave up 12 million bucks, Boris, and like two or three draft picks. He should be playing on a Kobe Bryant level. Kobe and Tmac had won games with equal cast or worse.... But JJ has won 5 of his last 22 games. Star players don't do that.

Besides, all he can do is shoot jumpshots. He plays basketball like a little ****.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 12-24-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #23
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
yeah Yeah yeah... Every year the Hawk fans make the same excuses...

-Lots of hurt players
-Young Team
-Bad head coach

Hurt players isn't the reason the Atlanta Hawks have no major accomplishments as a franchise in it's history in Atlanta.

What is your purpose in life? To hate on the Hawks and make sure everyone knows about it?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #24
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
What is your purpose in life? To hate on the Hawks and make sure everyone knows about it?

I blame them because they're the reason I don't like basketball anymore. The Hawks failures have made me uninterested in the game. I should have made a better choice on who to support when I was a kid though.:
Old 12-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #25
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I blame them because they're the reason I don't like basketball anymore. The Hawks failures have made me uninterested in the game. I should have made a better choice on who to support when I was a kid though.:

Well you're an adult now, so go find another team to support (or rather hate).

I hope the Hawks make the playoffs, and this year at the beginning it was looking good, but reality has set in.

Oh well.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

look at it this way, marvin williams will get more playing time.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: