Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat vs Pacers

Default Heat vs Pacers

does anyone really think Miami has a chance against the pacers this year? I'm rooting for LeBron, I usually do, but Indiana at this point just seems to be a vastly superior team. I'd go into more detail, but that's what replies are for!

Default Re: Heat vs Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    does anyone really think Miami has a chance against the pacers this year? I'm rooting for LeBron, I usually do, but Indiana at this point just seems to be a vastly superior team. I'd go into more detail, but that's what replies are for!
    Its the middle of January.

Miami will turn it up come playoffs and they are a different beast in the Playoffs. 3 straight Finals does fatigue you.

does anyone really think Miami has a chance against the pacers this year?

Banned

1-1 against the Heat this year equals vastly superior? Yes the Pacers look very impressive right now, but the season isn't even half way over yet. There is a good chance the Pacers will be burnt out by the playoffs, similar to how the Heat were after winning 27 straight. This thread should be made in April.

Point differential is the best predictor for the playoffs. Much more accurate than win/loss record.

So yes, the Pacers will probably beat them.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Anderson
    1-1 against the Heat this year equals vastly superior? Yes the Pacers look very impressive right now, but the season isn't even half way over yet. There is a good chance the Pacers will be burnt out by the playoffs, similar to how the Heat were after winning 27 straight. This thread should be made in April.
    Doubt they'll burn out....they have a pretty deep team...If they fall off, that won't be the reason....But I don't see them falling off this regular season, they're too hungry when compared to Miami who takes games off because of all the success they've had...

What do you mean a chance? It's fine that people think that the Pacers will beat them in a series this year, but some people are acting like Miami will be the major under dogs here.

Good college starter

Seriously? Pacers are the unproven team here, not the Heat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Doubt they'll burn out....they have a pretty deep team...If they fall off, that won't be the reason....But I don't see them falling off this regular season, they're too hungry when compared to Miami who takes games off because of all the success they've had...
    You may be right, but the number 1 seed doesn't guarantee the Pacers anything. Last season the Heat were the East's first number 1 seed to make it to the finals since the 08 Celtics. This supports my stance that most teams who over work themselves in the regular season don't have enough left in the tank come playoff time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Seriously? Pacers are the unproven team here, not the Heat.
    Right!? I swear the Heat are the most disrespected Champion in NBA history. You would think after back to back titles and 3 straight finals appearances, people would learn to stop overreacting every time the Heat have a mid season slump.

Of course Miami has a chance..even if they're in a slump they are the 2x defending champs. It's gonna be an all out war between these two teams for that #2 spot in the East.

Right!? I swear the Heat are the most disrespected Champion in NBA history. You would think after back to back titles and 3 straight finals appearances, people would learn to stop overreacting every time the Heat have a mid season slump.
    Most stacked team in history tho

[COLOR="white"]sarcasm[/COLOR]

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

Can't pick a winner at this stage. Bran has impressed over the last few years with his response under pressure. So even if Indiana has the Heat on the ropes, you still never know.

Playoffs are still months away and we don't know what's going to happen with injuries. We don't know if either of the teams make any trades before the deadline.

Too close to call.

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Cosign with this.

The Bulls were 3-0 in the 2011 regular season against Miami, but they won in 5 games in the playoffs. The Pacers were like 3-0 in the 2012 regular season against Miami, but they won in 6 games. People need to chill.