Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Even more problems with my friend.

Last week I wrote how he stole my ipod. Well the next morning he came over and I confronted him about it and he went "looking" for it in my room and "found" it behind a picture in my room. I knew he took it but at least he gave it back unlike the DVDs he stole from me when he was staying here for a week back in February.

Anyways, now he's homeless... literally. He had been staying with his mom and her new husband since we kicked him out here back in early March and he's been staying there since. Well about two weeks ago he came back out this way (his mom lives about 40 miles from here) and was staying with his Dad for the weekend. He gets a call the following monday from his mom saying she was kicking him out and he couldn't come back to stay. So his Dad finally agreed to let him stay only that lasted about two days.

The reason is he keeps on stealing from everyone and then going and buying alcohol and just recently drugs. His mom decides to drop the clothes off here for some reason. So every morning he's outside my house throwing rocks at my bedroom window, ringing the doorbell and this is AFTER I've already told him I can't help him anymore.

Today, no lie, he was outside my house ringing the doorbell and pounding on my door for about two hours. Finally, I call my mom at work and ask what I should do. I explained how I told him I couldn't trust him in here and I know she wouldn't want him in here either. So she calls his mom and all his mom would say is "He has to hit rock bottom.". I've e-mailed both his brother and sister back and forth and both of them tell me I can't let him in and he needs to fall hard.

I just don't know why he keeps on coming over here and ringing my doorbell and pounding on my door as opposed to going to his Dad's place right by here and doing the same thing to him. I feel like crap for not letting him in but this is the same guy who got kicked out of his girlfriend's (the one who he has two year old twin boys with) parent's house for stealing, got kicked out of here for stealing, got kicked out of his mom's place for stealing and I'm assuming that he got kicked out of his dad's place for stealing as well.

I still just feel so miserable seeing him like this but if his own family can say "enough is enough"... this whole thing just sucks. I hate seeing him like this even though he's screwed me over.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Default Re: Even more problems with my friend.

That's terrible man, but yea, he needs to learn his lesson the hard way.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

I'd either threat to give him a Charlie Murphy style beating if he continues or look into calling the police about the matter. I lean towards handling your own business. My guess is shortly he is going to break into your place and clean you out.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Al Yankovic
Banned

see if he would lick your ***** to get in your house, you would then know how far hes at rockbottoms.
Al Yankovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
simcjt
The bodyguard

Damn that sucks, maybe try to get your mom to tell him to stop coming around.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

There's nothing you can do for this guy...you can't help someone unless they want to help themselves. I have the same problem you do...I don't like to see my friends down either, but he'll change his tune once hunger sets in. Or when it's pouring rain and he has no place to go. While I commend you for your loyalty, you gotta realize if you really want to help him out, you'll let him learn this lesson the hard way. You can only give someone so many chances. But he'll learn. Eventually.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Yankovic
see if he would lick your ***** to get in your house, you would then know how far hes at rockbottoms.

What if he actually did it?
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Last week I wrote how he stole my ipod. Well the next morning he came over and I confronted him about it and he went "looking" for it in my room and "found" it behind a picture in my room. I knew he took it but at least he gave it back unlike the DVDs he stole from me when he was staying here for a week back in February.

Anyways, now he's homeless... literally. He had been staying with his mom and her new husband since we kicked him out here back in early March and he's been staying there since. Well about two weeks ago he came back out this way (his mom lives about 40 miles from here) and was staying with his Dad for the weekend. He gets a call the following monday from his mom saying she was kicking him out and he couldn't come back to stay. So his Dad finally agreed to let him stay only that lasted about two days.

The reason is he keeps on stealing from everyone and then going and buying alcohol and just recently drugs. His mom decides to drop the clothes off here for some reason. So every morning he's outside my house throwing rocks at my bedroom window, ringing the doorbell and this is AFTER I've already told him I can't help him anymore.

Today, no lie, he was outside my house ringing the doorbell and pounding on my door for about two hours. Finally, I call my mom at work and ask what I should do. I explained how I told him I couldn't trust him in here and I know she wouldn't want him in here either. So she calls his mom and all his mom would say is "He has to hit rock bottom.". I've e-mailed both his brother and sister back and forth and both of them tell me I can't let him in and he needs to fall hard.

I just don't know why he keeps on coming over here and ringing my doorbell and pounding on my door as opposed to going to his Dad's place right by here and doing the same thing to him. I feel like crap for not letting him in but this is the same guy who got kicked out of his girlfriend's (the one who he has two year old twin boys with) parent's house for stealing, got kicked out of here for stealing, got kicked out of his mom's place for stealing and I'm assuming that he got kicked out of his dad's place for stealing as well.

I still just feel so miserable seeing him like this but if his own family can say "enough is enough"... this whole thing just sucks. I hate seeing him like this even though he's screwed me over.

Does he have a job?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Sorry to tell you this dude, but its time to let him go, and move on with your own life. I simply do not tolerate that type of behavior from anyone. This is why I have a small group of friends left. You get older, and along the way, you sometimes realize that you have to drop people because they are a detriment to your own life.

Ignore him, or tell him to leave you alone. Thats life buddy.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
Al Yankovic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Sorry to tell you this dude, but its time to let him go, and move on with your own life. I simply do not tolerate that type of behavior from anyone. This is why I have a small group of friends left. You get older, and along the way, you sometimes realize that you have to drop people because they are a detriment to your own life.

Ignore him, or tell him to leave you alone. Thats life buddy.

Hope he does not listen to you, its going to be a real shame when his friend gets wacked out, break in his house, and rape and kill him. Other than that, nothing to worry about.
Al Yankovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
rezznor
Nosetradamus

not really much you can do for a "friend" who you cant even trust. sorry, but if somebody i know ever stole from me, especially for drugs, he's no longer my friend. that's a betrayal of trust that i won't easily forgive.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Call the cops and get a restraining order if this jerkoff won't leave. Ignore him otherwise.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

He should no longer be called a friend.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Stand in front of the door and make funny faces at him.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

When he got kicked out of his girl's parent's house back in February he told me that it was her parents that were crazy. They got a restraining order on him and everything but now I see why.

It's just hard because we've been through so much. He's been going to the local library during the day and going on myspace and sending me messages and one he sent me yesterday really got to me when he said that he felt like I was ignoring him and how I could do that since we've been friends since grade school and he was there for me during the deaths of my Grandparents and Dad.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: