Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Default so let's talk about that cuban linx 2

who came off the nicest in terms of (bolded are my selections):

1) beats - j dilla (house of flying daggers, 10 bricks, ason jones)/rza (black mozart, fat lady sings, new wu)/dre (catalina, about me )/pete rock (sonny's missing)

2) wu guest rhymes - meth/inspectah deck/ghost/gza/cappa/masta killa

3) other guest rhymes - beanie/busta/jada/styles

?
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: so let's talk about that cuban linx 2

haven't heard the whole thing yet...but this sh*t is fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyHQDeyyDs
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:40 AM   #3
AmoebaD
hip to be square

for me, easily the album of the year.

i was surprised that such a diverse group of producers could craft such a seamless album. you listen to that without touching fast forward or skip.

i wasn't feelin dre though. hes dumbing it down nowadays. before this album dropped all the fans were thinking he was gonna bring some mind blowing next episode type stuff, but it was far from it. he kinda messed up the flow of the album with his tracks. everyone else did a great job. freakin alchemist with the surgical gloves, ouch.

listening in the car, it felt like it was 95 again. even though i'm not that old, i still remember the feel i had when wu burst on the scene. that came back for me.

this is a new album, but it felt like the good ole days material. i was shocked how good the final product was.

however, why no criminology 2? its all over the web, why wouldn't you throw that on there, it wasn't bad at all.

deck stole the show i feel. method man gave a focussed rhyme that i didn' think he had in him anymore. i always know gza will only get one verse nowadays, i wish he would have been more active on this. wish rza would have dropped a classic rza verse, but the beats were nice. u-god is basnished or something. cappa showed up. no one really missed u-god, but its just weird to have a rae album without golden arms grunting on a track.

the wu is not gonna keep droppin gems like this every outing, there are like 3 misses probably ready to come out. that is the way they do it now adays, get the fan based happy as hell and then push some so so stuff until a real banger comes along. this album was great because rae kept delaying it and fixing it and honing his skill. this shti was supposed to be out in 05. literally. patience is a virtue.

so anyway, good album. made my year hip hop wise. the past thread talking about this has good conversation about it, right when it was fresh.

i have heard of a ghost, rae, mef collabo. just those guys, obviously with some guest spots, but those 3 at the helm. they need to wise up and get on rzas good side. at least rae's offering shows the best producers will come out and help the wu.
AmoebaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
AmoebaD
hip to be square

an aside, i am glad these legendary rappers are getting old, and will not be worried about sales anymore.. i hope they won't be at least.

nas, busta, wu all the serious ny guys who stayed true, they will drop albums til they are dead. you know nas has to now. hopefully they will be concise, strong and just worry about good music. this is really all hope though. but this album gave me that hope.

obviously there are a lot of great rappers who will get old and still flow, but i want that new york 90's sound to live on past their demise. someone has to carry it on.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
halffttime
shorty doowop

send me some songs to download quicktime, so i can upload it on my ipod.. will listen to it in my sleep..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:59 AM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
an aside, i am glad these legendary rappers are getting old, and will not be worried about sales anymore.. i hope they won't be at least.

nas, busta, wu all the serious ny guys who stayed true, they will drop albums til they are dead. you know nas has to now. hopefully they will be concise, strong and just worry about good music. this is really all hope though. but this album gave me that hope.

obviously there are a lot of great rappers who will get old and still flow, but i want that new york 90's sound to live on past their demise. someone has to carry it on.
It is impossible to recreate that, IMPOSSIBLE.

When 36 Chambers/Tical/Liquid/Cuban/Ironman/Old Dirty came out part of what made it so amazing is the fact that the things they were rapping about were things that they really lived...they were really street, and it showed...

today, over a decade later of driving nice cars and living in luxury, making sound tracks for movies and appearances in movies...seeing Meth and Red make a stupid pot head comedy...they will NEVER be able to be what they once were...

it sucks...but in a way the Wu is already dead to me...the real Wu that is...

that being said, I still like Cuban linx 2 and may continue to like their future stuff, but it will never be the same...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Inspectah Deck killed it, and Rae was actually able to carry his solo tracks well.

Definately the best Hip hop album I've heard this year.

I also agree Dre's track was out of place... like they just tried to force it on the album to have a catchy Dre track.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #8
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

When 36 Chambers/Tical/Liquid/Cuban/Ironman/Old Dirty came out part of what made it so amazing is the fact that the things they were rapping about were things that they really lived...they were really street, and it showed...

today, over a decade later of driving nice cars and living in luxury, making sound tracks for movies and appearances in movies...seeing Meth and Red make a stupid pot head comedy...they will NEVER be able to be what they once were...

that being said, I still like Cuban linx 2 and may continue to like their future stuff, but it will never be the same...

lol i know what you mean. they'll never make those kinda songs anymore cause they're not the same person, don't have as much street hunger as before.. happens to all of them..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
AmoebaD
hip to be square

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

shoot, i still will check for old man gza, nas, rza whoever is still out there. i think if they are not worried about their finances, they may just try to put out a few solid albums in their old age. hook up with rakim or something. random, label and hip hop boundary breaking stuff. that is all i can hope for.

you are right no one can recreate that 90's gritty mafioso type thing.. but maybe they can make some geriatric wu project. slowly go into senility but still rap. i dunno. they are all i really check for and i just think they are all gonna hang it up soon.

and gza's son sucks. he is no good. unless his dad ghostwrites for him. which he definitely will. that is it, the wu should just ghostwrite for each others kids. i would approve.

"my seeds, grow with his seeds, marry his seeds, thats how we keep wu-tang money all up in the family..."

Old 09-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
and gza's son sucks. he is no good.

well, he did produce 'we will rob you'. not too bad for a 17 yo
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
AmoebaD
hip to be square

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
well, he did produce 'we will rob you'. not too bad for a 17 yo

did he tetris? did he...

its all a conspiracy to put out their seeds.. ghost brings his son out on stage, its a whole production.

ima dig up the clip where gza and his son are followed around i think chicago, eating pizza and going to a show. it is a real funny side of the genius.

i hope his son is good, i just think his dad should write for him.

Last edited by AmoebaD : 09-26-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #12
lazerface
everything must go

my top 5 tracks

1. penitentiary
2. sonny's missing
3. surgical gloves
4. fat lady sings
5. canal street

pyrex vision would have easily been top 3 if it wasn't so damn short.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: