Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #31
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: First pre-season game- Lakers Vs Warriors Game Thread

Bynum is picking up where he last left in the regular season.. Having so many weapons and a motion offense will make this team such a lethal force..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #32
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Man, guess we dont have to worry about what I posted earlier!

Shannon monster jam over that one guy, team looking cohesive already. This is one of if not the best passing team in the league.

I was more interested in Artest and Drew than anyone else. Here are observations so far.

Things we already knew, that were confirmed:

- Artest is a better shooter than Trevor, with a quicker release, and under more pressure than Trevor could
- Artest is a good passer off the dribble and can make plays, and is generally more versatile offensively
- Andrew when healthy is a monster. He clearly was not healthy in the playoffs last year, even accounting for the gap in competition. He's moving way better and going up stronger
- Josh Powell can't guard Corey Maggete
- Stephen Curry can shoot the lights out

Things we dont know that we didnt get to see tonight:

- How we can operate with Artest in the post
- How he plays defense in isolation

I would have liked to see Phil experiment with Ron a little more. Instead he just kind of let the guys play and let things go as they pleased. Hopefully we get to see him in some more situations next game.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #33
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Just caught the final 5 minutes....i was just happy to see a LIVE Laker game!!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #34
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Monds looks like Karl Malone doesn't he?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #35
nevetslc88
High School Starter

Shannon Brown Posterizes Mikki Moore in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QpIfgUtcg&fmt=22
nevetslc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #36
dd24
NBA lottery pick

What a way to start things out. Bynum looks like he did before the injury. That is a very positive thing. Artest just seemed to make things easier for everyone. He hit the shots he needed to, made the right passes, rebounded, and played D. He just seemed to play his role the way we all hoped he would. I don't see Farmar doing what he did all season long, but hopefully he can be a really nice spark off the bench. Shannon Brown did good as well. There's not too much to be upset with.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #37
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
What a way to start things out. Bynum looks like he did before the injury. That is a very positive thing. Artest just seemed to make things easier for everyone. He hit the shots he needed to, made the right passes, rebounded, and played D. He just seemed to play his role the way we all hoped he would. I don't see Farmar doing what he did all season long, but hopefully he can be a really nice spark off the bench. Shannon Brown did good as well. There's not too much to be upset with.

Artest, Shannon, Bynum........damn we're great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #38
barbaroi
Local High School Star

Man I have so many threads bookmarked waiting to be bumped later in the season when bynum is beasting!!
barbaroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #39
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Just got home from the game... It was awesome. The Lakers definitely looked sloppy and even after that, they dominated. How exciting is that?

I do have some game observations that I will hopefully write up tomorrow.

What was cool is that I got some great pics of my son with Pau, Mychal Thompson and once again with Mitch Kupchak. I even talked to Mychal Thompson who happens to live near me and I offered to buy him dinner at a local restaurant that he had heard about (and gave him my phone number). He was totally cool.

Well done Lakers!!!!

p.s. I thought Artest played within himself and within the system... he did not force anything and I honestly think he was shocked at how often he had wide open 3-point opportunities that he was hesitant to shoot many of them.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #40
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

Was anyone else cringing when sasha took his shots?
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:52 AM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

That Shannon posterization was very Ariza like....maybe we can replace him after all :)

Very happy with Bynum making me look like I am right . I hope he can stay strong the whole season now and stay healthy including in the playoffs. Artest with 7 assists eh? Beautiful! Im not shocked by any of these results. I know its pre-season, but sh!t...they play hard in pre-season too. It isn't summer league.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 AM   #42
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
That Shannon posterization was very Ariza like....maybe we can replace him after all :)

Very happy with Bynum making me look like I am right . I hope he can stay strong the whole season now and stay healthy including in the playoffs. Artest with 7 assists eh? Beautiful! Im not shocked by any of these results. I know its pre-season, but sh!t...they play hard in pre-season too. It isn't summer league.

Woah homer, before you go overboard as you did with Smush, realize that Bynum was playing against a team that does not have a strong defense nor do they have a strong front court and the Lakers have an incredibly strong front court. So while he looked okay, I did see a lot of the same issues of being moved about the paint that I saw years ago. Many of his shots were dunks, put backs, etc. He also had some pretty dumb fouls so I am not sure that problem is fixed yet.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #43
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Was anyone else cringing when sasha took his shots?

Sasha looked okay tonight. I noticed that he seemed to focus on taking mid-range shots rather than only shooting 3-point bombs. I don't recall him taking any 3-pointers, but he did make some shots (i think he was like 3 for 4).

Hopefully the old Sasha is back.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Woah homer, before you go overboard as you did with Smush, realize that Bynum was playing against a team that does not have a strong defense nor do they have a strong front court and the Lakers have an incredibly strong front court. So while he looked okay, I did see a lot of the same issues of being moved about the paint that I saw years ago. Many of his shots were dunks, put backs, etc. He also had some pretty dumb fouls so I am not sure that problem is fixed yet.

Whether its against crappy centers or good ones, he took advantage of the mismatch and thats something that has always been good that Bynum did. Kwame, Mihm, other centers we had never took advantage of mismatches, only Shaq. Bynum did his job. So I will give him accolades for that.

If its dunks, great, it means he's going up strong. If its put backs, even better, he's cleaning up messes and getting offensive boards.

He did only have 5 rebounds, but thats because other guys we're getting rebounds (Artest and Kobe with 9 each I believe). There can only be so many to go around lol.

Im not trying to disagree with you on purpose or anything (although your reactions are priceless ). I just like to give credit when credit is due. He came in shape (like the past few seasons) and he delivered making the game so much easier for this team.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #45
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetslc88
Shannon Brown Posterizes Mikki Moore in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QpIfgUtcg&fmt=22

Damn that was niiice.

The only player who didn't look all that happy on the bench after that play was Jordan. SB steppin it up for the minutes - your serve Mr. Farmar.
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: