Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Which Pink Floyd album I should get next?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I don't care if you've seen them 30 times, that album is a snooze-fest.
    Then snooze all you want. I disagree. Of everything mentioned in this thread, I just added something else to the list. And it's a great album, I enjoy it, and I don't snooze through it. What you do while listening to music is your own business.

I get it, your opinion is better than mine.

You danced all night listening the Division Bell, lol.

Meddle was their best work. **** that Seamus song for being on an otherwise flawless album.

Syd's Floyd was great but his contribution was probably overrated.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Some people like The Final Cut, but The Final Cut is to Floyd as what Slash said about the Spaghetti Incident: "That's the sound of Guns n' Roses breaking up".

There are two singles off of A Momentary Lapse of Reason; it's worth listening too. If you've got a hard on for classic Floyd sound but are sick of the classics you can listen to Gilmour's first two solo albums; both of which are good. Has a self titled from the band years and the About Face which is from after their break up. His solo album from 2006 is good too, but it's very mellow as he's getting old.
    i had the final cut on vinyl and couldn't recycle that POS fast enough. i read your comment earlier that it was B-stuff from the wall sessions, and it made perfect sense. lots of pomp and little substance.

thx-- i'll check out those singles. TBH i'm bored stiff of the floyd, but just curious enough for one last sampling, perhaps.

re: meddle,
    i was watching some bruce lee film one time (enter the dragon?) and was blown away that they used a track from meddle for the penultimate fight scene music. really cool and really hilarious at the same time.

random side note-- i saw some recent pictures of waters and he went from gangly-looking freak to suave-looking, silver-haired dude... sort of the most interesting man type. then i saw some recent footage of gilmour and noticed that he'd gone from 70's heartthrob to 100-yr old man. talk about some reversals.

   

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Meddle was their best work. **** that Seamus song for being on an otherwise flawless album.

Syd's Floyd was great but his contribution was probably overrated.
    yea, i've rarely seen someone get such adulation for such a relatively minor contribution to a group. i mean, sure, barrett was a co-founder and wrote some minor psychedelic hits and stuff, but otherwise he was a huge PITA and they couldn't get rid of that asshole fast enough. almost all their best stuff dates after he left, in any case.

but i'm going to have to try and wrap my head around how someone could possibly consider meddle better than the wall, dark side, wish you were here, etc. i mean it's a fine album, but... just, wow.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yea, i've rarely seen someone get such adulation for such a relatively minor contribution to a group. i mean, sure, barrett was a co-founder and wrote some minor psychedelic hits and stuff, but otherwise he was a huge PITA and they couldn't get rid of that asshole fast enough. almost all their best stuff dates after he left, in any case.

I never understood people's adulation with him either. Syd's best contribution to Pink Floyd was inspiring them to write about him.