Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation
Default Anyone have an Idea of the salery's in the second tier leagues in europe??

Either like the second division in spain, france, or other top leagues, or the first division in like China, Iceland ect.
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
Taras Bulba
I airball my layups

Taras Bulba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anyone have an Idea of the salery's in the second tier leagues in europe??

salery's?
Taras Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anyone have an Idea of the salery's in the second tier leagues in europe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
Either like the second division in spain, france, or other top leagues, or the first division in like China, Iceland ect.
China?europe?I would say most are semi-pro.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08

The only second divisions that are any good in Europe are Italy, Greece, Spain. Italy's second division should be considered the strongest. Salaries would obviously vary. Some players would make for example 300,000 euros and some would make maybe 30,000 euros or less. It would vary much from player to player and it would depend on the club.

If it's a bigger club and one that is trying to make it back to the top division then if they have a couple of more name players they would make a lot more than a guy from a smaller club and who is going to probably just be a second division player.

Then there are some guys that play in the second division even though they should be in the first division. Some guys could be in the Eurocup or even Euroleague probably but they play in second division domestic leagues because they can get a bigger contract.

As far as I know only one second league in the world has benefits, retirement, health insurance and things like that and that is Greece. Of course even the D-League does not have that.

So the leagues to play in for the 2nd level would be Greece or in Spain or Italy that I don't think have any benefits but players can get paid well. I don't think you can call any other second division a real pro league, but instead would be semi-pro.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 04-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
kohsterized41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kohsterized41 has an OK reputation so far

Hey check out my blog about trying to become a pro basketball player overseas. I think you will like it! http://kohsterized.blogspot.com
kohsterized41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
kougai
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kougai has an OK reputation so far

anyone who likes cheap NFL , NHL jersey , nike shoes ect . pls search on shoesgoing , tks !
kougai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
salery's?

You know he meant salaries. Dont be so pedantic.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

I've heard top-notch Euro League players get played nearly as much as NBA players (at least relative to their currency).
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
I've heard top-notch Euro League players get played nearly as much as NBA players (at least relative to their currency).

The best Euroleague players usually make more than the NBA MLE.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: