Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is there an argument for Lebron > Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    no but lebron is only a little half way done with his career
    if by 75-80% you mean little half way done, then sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    if by 75-80% you mean little half way done, then sure.
    LeBron could be 100% done and retire tomorrow and Durant would still never catch him all-time

And with Durants recent injuries wouldnt surprise me if he retired before LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

Not relevant to this thread.

[COLOR="White"]Nice facial doe.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    LOL LeBron is easily a better overall player than Duncan, its not a debate.

Ops question is like asking is there an argument for Duncan >Horry?

Theres been many players every season who are more talented and superior players than Duncan, but doesnt have the teammates or coaching to win.

Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I'm trying to come up with one.
    More like trying to NOT come up with one.

Maybe regular season MVP's?.. Is that enough?
    Yes, but not enough if you are going by only that.

Otherwise, Duncan has him in every meaningful category.
    Is being a better, more prominent, more productive, more dominant & more impactful actual individual player who was the best player in the league far more times than Duncan meaningful (not sure if Duncan ever even was a clear best player in the league)?

To me that is the most meaningful.... that is the #1 priority on my all-time list... then comes accolades within CONTEXT....

The fact is, nobody on this planet would pick Duncan over Lebron deep down inside, no way in hell did he boost his teams success as greatly as Lebron whos impact is historical, no way could he squeeze out every inch of talent/skill he had to work with around him.... those who would would do so only because of staning/hating, like i would for example pick Reggie Miller over Lebron knowing perfectly well i would get a lesser player and that my team would be less successful, only because i loved to see Reggie play that much....

Duncan is ranked ahead of Lebron on most all-time lists only because of OVERRATING OF TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT....

Duncan even won a championship and was Finals MVP at exactly 22 years old (1999).
    He had also an amazing team/cast & coach... something Lebron didnt have at that age...

That's the same age Lebron was shitting the bed with 20 PPG on 35% shooting, his first non-GOAT, non-elite Finals performance.. Lebron would go on to have 5 more.. 5/5
    No, that was the age Lebron was already better than Duncan ever was in his life.... he was 21 when he went to the Finals, taking the worst supporting cast in NBA history to be in a NBA Finals.... nice try there trying to twist around what he did there like if it was bad or like it would be more prestigious to lose earlier and/or miss playoffs.... because that is what Duncan would have done if he had that supporting cast...
    Last edited by pauk; 04-11-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Do tell.
    Theres not a single rational person that would select Duncan over LeBron in an all-time draft.

LeBron at worst is top 4 in an all-time draft

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

Lebron taking the worst supporting cast in NBA history to be in a NBA Finals.
    Lebron played the worst competition anyone's ever played to make a Finals that year, so it's moot.

Also, Lebron making the Finals is no excuse for only averaging 20 PPG and 35% once he got there - that might be the worst Finals performance ever for a #1 option ever.. I think it IS actually..

Also, it's well-documented that Lebron didn't carry his team in 2007 as much as other stars have carried their teams.... including Duncan..

Duncan has achieved all-time-level Finals performances - you know what i'm talking about - the MJ/Shaq/2006 Wade level of performance... Lebron has never dominated a Finals like this.

LeBron could be 100% done and retire tomorrow and Durant would still never catch him all-time

And with Durants recent injuries wouldnt surprise me if he retired before LeBron
    This comment put a hole in his heart and it will never be repaired.

I know you are trolling and/or simply just showing crazy insecurity as a Lebron loathing Jordan stan (not sure why, its not like Lebron is anywhere close to surpass him or something, calm the hell down?) but DUNCAN is treated this way by everybody....... they say how underrated he is... to the point where he is now just getting purely overrated, simply because of team accomplishments which in many of he wasnt even the best player but tied and/or going back-n-forth with tony parker.... now that guy, Tony Parker, THAT guy is underrated.... this team accomplishment he got just now, where he CLEARLY wasnt the best player, believe it or not boosted him 2-3-4 spots on many peoples all-time list.... like that 1 championship was really equivalent of those guys championship runs he just passed..... He has unfortunately become overrated....

...and like i said before, there has been at least 20 players who CLEARLY were better individual players than him.... and i listed those many times, i gave even 30 as those extra 10 were arguable aswell.... You couldnt say that about Lebron could you? No matter how much you hate him....
    Last edited by pauk; 04-11-2015 at 08:54 PM.

No.

Players I'll take over LeBron in an all-time draft
    MJ
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Magic
    Bird

Dunking on everybody in the park

As it stands i would say probably not or maybe a really weak argument. But i guess it depends on your criteria, if you don't value longevity or rings much then i can see how you'd take Lebron. For me i just don't think he has the longevity yet plus Duncan's resume is a bit more impressive. Come back to me in 3-4 years on this one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    No.

Players I'll take over LeBron in an all-time draft
    MJ
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Magic
    Bird

Dunking on everybody in the park

Theres not a single rational person that would select Duncan over LeBron in an all-time draft.

LeBron at worst is top 4 in an all-time draft
    This isn't about who you'd draft between them, it's does Lebron have an argument to be ranked higher today. And my answer is probably not because of the huge longevity gap. Anyone with bball knowledge knows Lebron is a better payer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    no but lebron is only a little half way done with his career
    Bron's gonna have a 24 year career?