Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Wow, Deus Ex: Human Evolution had a pretty weak ending with a bunch of loose ends not even addressed.

edit - I did never play the original Deus Ex tho some things might not make sense to me. For example, the "call me Bob" scene after the credits probably means something that I don't know.

The more I think about it tho, I liked the endings. Pretty good monologues with a lot of room for interpretation. The game was very good tho. Awesome visuals, soundtrack, voice acting, etc.
    Just picked this game up on sale about 2 weeks ago. And yes, this is one of those "decision making" games that I really enjoy, along the lines of the Mass Effect series, and Alpha Protocol. The atmosphere is truly awesome, but like Protocol, you really have to focus on the plot, because it's so dependent on the moves that you make, and how you interact with people.

Yes, I know the combat's not perfect, and it doesn't do the "over the top" thing that Japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy do, but it does offer intrigue and "maturity" to the Role playing game world to help balance out the genre. Plus, the Main Character looks like a grown ass man (with beard) and not a "conflicted" 20 yr old "metro" who's full of "angst" during the whole game.

Last edited by Nevaeh; 06-12-2013 at 03:50 AM.

I still need to play Alpha Protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I still need to play Alpha Protocol.
    Hey man, the GameStop near my house had bunches of copies for just 5 bucks used. You can't beat it for that price. Not a "AAA" game by any stretch, but it does at least try to add new flavor to the RPG genre.

Just remember to approach it like an RPG and not a "shooter" like Gears of War. That's something that I think peeps were expecting, kinda like the James Bond games, which sadly affected its popularity.

Plus, you can also make the main character look like a "Grown Ass Man" just like in Deus EX, with a beard if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Just picked this game up on sale about 2 weeks ago. And yes, this is one of those "decision making" games that I really enjoy, along the lines of the Mass Effect series, and Alpha Protocol. The atmosphere is truly awesome, but like Protocol, you really have to focus on the plot, because it's so dependent on the moves that you make, and how you interact with people.

Yes, I know the combat's not perfect, and it doesn't do the "over the top" thing that Japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy do, but it does offer intrigue and "maturity" to the Role playing game world to help balance out the genre. Plus, the Main Character looks like a grown ass man (with beard) and not a "conflicted" 20 yr old "metro" who's full of "angst" during the whole game.

Yeah, I think the best part of the game was the writing by the developers. The dialogue was good, the plot was well-written and reactive to your decisions, and the story posed extremely interesting philosophical questions. I wasn't as emotionally engaged in the game as I was with other RPG-style games but I was probably more intellectually engaged because of the underlying story.

Currently playing Red Dead Redemption. I can't believe I never got around to playing this game before. I picked it up for dirt cheap last week, and got completely hooked. I'm currently at around 50ish%, towards the end (I think) of the Mexico missions. I've got The Last of Us on preorder, so I have 2 days to finish RDR :/

NBA lottery pick

Jade Empire just came up on GOG, real tempted to pick that up. Loved that game, possibly my favorite from Bioware. I felt it never got the love it deserved when it came out.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/jade_empire_special_edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Hey man, the GameStop near my house had bunches of copies for just 5 bucks used. You can't beat it for that price. Not a "AAA" game by any stretch, but it does at least try to add new flavor to the RPG genre.

Just remember to approach it like an RPG and not a "shooter" like Gears of War. That's something that I think peeps were expecting, kinda like the James Bond games, which sadly affected its popularity.

Plus, you can also make the main character look like a "Grown Ass Man" just like in Deus EX, with a beard if you want to.

Yeah, that's the thing. I bought it for like 5 bucks, years ago, tried it for 20 minutes and put it back down because I wasn't really in the mood for it. People keep saying that although it's flawed there is some very interesting stuff going on in that game, so I feel I need to get at least a couple of hours in.

Just got the Bioshock series. Was just going to get Infinite, but Bioshock 1 got great reviews. I've read mixed stuff on 2, but together they were only 20 bucks anyway.

I'm replaying Sleeping Dogs. Of all the games I own, this one seems to have the easiest achievements in order to get a platinum trophy. I've never reached platinum before, so I'm going to aim for it now with this game.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Just got the Bioshock series. Was just going to get Infinite, but Bioshock 1 got great reviews. I've read mixed stuff on 2, but together they were only 20 bucks anyway.
    Even if its not your type of game (I personally don't like that genre) you will still appreciate the storyline, characters and most importantly the atmosphere. It's an amazing experience. BioShock 2 was a mediocre game though. I still need to play Infinite.

After the convos that I had with Jailblazers7 and LJJ a while back, I decided to finish off an Alpha Protocol save that I had from a few months back. And yes, I still enjoy this game. Won't give away anything big but,[COLOR="White"] I was able to romance the asian female support from the beginning of the game, only to turn around and forget to rescue her at the end.[/COLOR]

Anyway, this prompted me to take another run through with the Mass Effect series, and create a character from scratch. She's based loosely off of the character Storm from the Xmen comics (and fighting games). I'm only 2 hours in on this one though.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I'm currently playing The Last of Us and enjoying it. I was playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen....which will be on hiatus until after LoU. I have Yakuza Dead Souls, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid 4, Hitman Absolution and Darksiders 2 which I haven't gotten to. I'm pretty much picking up games on the cheap and completing as many as possible. Then I'll probably pick up a ps4 a few months after it's been out.

On a side not, I'm getting the itch to play a Monster Hunter of some sort. Most likely it'll be Freedom Unite since I have a psp.

I finished Sleeping Dogs at 100% today and got my first ever platinum trophy. I am close to getting a plat on 2K13, too, but I didn't do the NBA Today trophy challenge & idk if it'll be available next season to do.

Anyway, now I feel like a trophy whore. I'm trying to get the plat on Sims 3 Pets. It's the easiest one I can do so might as well.

NBA lottery pick

Been messing around with a psp emulator recently as version 0.8 of PPSSPP came out a few days ago.

^Nice.

I started playing ACII again instead of Sims 3 for my next platinum. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise & this game has a very straightforward trophy list. There's only 1 missable trophy but since I already know about it, I'm sure I won't miss it.