Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: List of Countries that Finished on Top of Canada in the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    i find it funny when people correct grammar on hear. its like the except each post to be graded.

listen, i have gotten A's in every high school and collge level english course. when it comes time to proofread and make sure i do not make grammatical errors it is really really easy.

on this website i type as fast as i can because i thought that there weren't any eglish teachers or grades here.

what this website does have is a buch of stuck up assholes who cannot make reasonable arguments and resort to

"um you misspelled a word, haah dumbass"

or

"um you didnt put an apostrophe in your! i bet you didnt even know that your and you're are two different words"

or

jesus man im just typing and as long as you know what exactly what im trying to say then get over it.

i can argue this all day... and all you will is pinpoint grammatical errors which im not even trying to correct and prove my point that you have nothing else to say.

its quite funny really.
    sorry mate. Bad grammar and not knowing proper use of words (hear, here, metal, medal) reflects poorly on your intelligence. You look like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    sorry mate. Bad grammar and not knowing proper use of words (hear, here, metal, medal) reflects poorly on your intelligence. You look like an idiot
    im just typing fast.

trying to argue that i dont know the difference between "hearing" things and being right "here" just isn't an argument.

it just like arguing that all these years i thought dont was a real word and had no idea that it actually meant do not and was actually spelled don't.

you type fast and you make alot of spelling and grammar mistakes. shit happens.

if i wanted i could type slower and make absolutely no mistakes, and go through my post to every word that has a red underlining and click "correct" but i just dont care. i click post and then its on to somthing else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    They place alot of emphasis on sports. It's just our sports culture is alot different up here. The Winter Olympics is a prime example. Canada dominated the gold medals despite having a smaller population. We focus more of our resources developing the winter sports. Our hockey programs are second to none and go through the same development as Americans do with football.
    Dominated the gold medals? Canadians must use that term loosely. Why do you focus on a sport that nobody gives a shit about, shuffleboard on ice? Is it one of those, "Hey, nobody gives a shit about curling so let's be the dominate nation in that sport!" type things?

Banned

What I find funny is last olympics despite Canada's whole focus being on ice hockey and the USA not giving a single shit in ice hockey, we still beat them 5-3 one game and then they had to luck out to beat us in the gold medal game.

Their whole livlihood as Canadians depended on that game and USA didn't give a shit and they still barely won

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Pretty damn funny how insecure Americans are that they have to keep beating this issue to death.

As someone already mentioned, even with Canada's small population we still dominated the Winter Olympics and have more medals in relation to our population than the US in these Olympics.

Canada > All

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Dominated the gold medals? Canadians must use that term loosely. Why do you focus on a sport that nobody gives a shit about, shuffleboard on ice? Is it one of those, "Hey, nobody gives a shit about curling so let's be the dominate nation in that sport!" type things?
    Right, because synchronized swimming, equestrian, diving, beach volleyball, and many other Summer Olympic sports are so admirable and tough.

Your pride is so severely wounded by the sad truth about your so-called domination that you have sunk as low as mocking the winter sports? Come on now, you can do better.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Expecting Canada to be dominant in the Summer Olympics is like expecting Nigeria to dominate the Winter Olympics.

Decent college freshman

I would still rather live in Canada than the US.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I would still rather live in Canada than the US.
    I agree I hate the US. Gotta get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Pretty damn funny how insecure Americans are that they have to keep beating this issue to death.
    Yeah, pretend everyone else is insecure, but you're not.

As someone already mentioned, even with Canada's small population we still dominated the Winter Olympics and have more medals in relation to our population than the US in these Olympics.
    You're so insecure that you have to pretend that Canada dominated the Winter Olympics. Also, you keep bringing up population due to insecurity issues. Grenada has a population of only a little bit over 100,000 people and yet they had as many gold medals as Canada, but they didn't get theirs in a worthless event like jumping on a trampoline.

Grenada > Canada

Right, because synchronized swimming, equestrian, diving, beach volleyball, and many other Summer Olympic sports are so admirable and tough.
    Beach volleyball and maybe diving >>> curling

Your pride is so severely wounded by the sad truth about your so-called domination that you have sunk as low as mocking the winter sports? Come on now, you can do better.
    Mocking curling has nothing to do with pride.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    What I find funny is last olympics despite Canada's whole focus being on ice hockey and the USA not giving a single shit in ice hockey, we still beat them 5-3 one game and then they had to luck out to beat us in the gold medal game.

Their whole livlihood as Canadians depended on that game and USA didn't give a shit and they still barely won
    America cares about hockey. Certain markets alot more than others but at the end of the day they still enjoy hockey. Just because it falls behind NFL|NBA|MLB doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

It's expensive to play. Can't just pick it up like a basketball\football. In alot of areas in the US you can't just go outside and play it. Need to rent an rink, and that's after learning how to skate, buying equipment etc.

No clue why I'm being reasonable with you, just after attention like most of your posts

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Kazahkstan at 12.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All

Let's add up golds in each olympics and let's see who comes out on top.

My country has athletes that perform better than your country's athletes in one aspect of the Olympic games, therefore I am a better person than you, even though I took no part in either the training or performing of these sports, and watched only a few of them passively, if at all!

SUCK IT, EVERYWHERE THAT ISN'T AMERICA!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP

if i wanted i could type slower and make absolutely no mistakes.
    No you couldn't because you are dumb, simple and someone incapable of articulating your ridiculous viewpoints.

Back on point, why do Americans care so much about Canada anyways. There is always this talking point of Canada being irrelevant or caring more about the US than vice versa, but it seems that some Americans always feel the need to start these threads.

It is a bit confusing.

Just a few fun facts that might add light to the situation.

1-Canada has 5 months of winter, no possibility for outdoor training. This hurts the summer Olympians. If you check the US a high percentage of athletes in the summer games come from California.

2-Canada is 1/10th the size of the US.

3-Canada has a long tradition of not funding athletes, so those in fringe sports basically live below the poverty line (not an attractive lifestyle).

4-Canada did finish 13th overall in the total medal haul, not bad considering we aren't the 13th biggest country in the games. And people who win Silver and Bronze are not losers, it is still considered a victory.