Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Would you live in a shipping container?

F*ck yeah!

How cool would that be? Completely customizable. Although, travel wouldn't really be practical. You'd have to buy a big rig to haul that mother****er around, so you'd have to get a CDL license. Might as well just spend the money and buy a luxury motorhome. Basically the same exact thing.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you live in a shipping container?

Those are totally awesome. I would much rather live in one of those than my ****ty apartment in Oakland.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

naw I think I would rather stick to an old fashion stable house...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that is larger than a typical shipping container. In a lot of countries people convert them into mobile offices for construction sites and sh*t, and they sure as hell don't have that much head room.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

those are amazingly cool.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That is definitely bigger than standard shipping containers, I mean the fact there's a 2nd floor already tells you it's bigger than normal (Although not the third picture though, that seems regular). If I can get one of those though, and paint the outside however I like, then hell yes!

I just read the article and it mentioned he got 6 shipping containers, so I guess that how he built the first two (I think).

Last edited by brantonli : 03-11-2009 at 02:12 PM.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How do you wire a shipping container?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was gonna say somethin about ventilation and the lack of windows, but apparently they've figured that all out.

Reminds me of a friend of my uncle that bought an old abandoned warehouse when I was a kid. It was right outside the neighborhood where we stayed, like in between SW and downtown. For some reason, he wanted to live in a warehouse. I don't know exactly how legal it all was, but as far as I can recall, he owned the building, had electricity and water and everything. There was bathrooms, he had to install a shower and what not, and I think it was like a foreman's office or whatever overlooking the main floor that was his bedroom. He had a couple rims in there to make what seemed like a full sized basketball court in his "living room"

It was actually pretty badass. Kinda shady cuz you're in a semi-industrial area near the hood where it's pretty dark and the bums roam the streets like the living dead, so I would imagine late nights bein by yourself would be slightly terrifying if your imagination is runnin wild as you hear random noises. And I can't imagine that you'd get the best responses when you invited girls back to your place.

When I talk to my mom or my uncle I'm gonna have to ask em about that, they'll prolly know more about the logistics than I do.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I was gonna say somethin about ventilation and the lack of windows, but apparently they've figured that all out.

Reminds me of a friend of my uncle that bought an old abandoned warehouse when I was a kid. It was right outside the neighborhood where we stayed, like in between SW and downtown. For some reason, he wanted to live in a warehouse. I don't know exactly how legal it all was, but as far as I can recall, he owned the building, had electricity and water and everything. There was bathrooms, he had to install a shower and what not, and I think it was like a foreman's office or whatever overlooking the main floor that was his bedroom. He had a couple rims in there to make what seemed like a full sized basketball court in his "living room"

It was actually pretty badass. Kinda shady cuz you're in a semi-industrial area near the hood where it's pretty dark and the bums roam the streets like the living dead, so I would imagine late nights bein by yourself would be slightly terrifying if your imagination is runnin wild as you hear random noises. And I can't imagine that you'd get the best responses when you invited girls back to your place.

When I talk to my mom or my uncle I'm gonna have to ask em about that, they'll prolly know more about the logistics than I do.

That's probably the coolest thing I've ever read.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I've heard of people having warehouse apartments.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

I want to live in a volcano lair.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

no but i'd bang yo mom in one...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness
I want to live in a volcano lair.

I shall sell my volcano lair to you for....

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That is ridiculously awesome.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness
That's probably the coolest thing I've ever read.

Thinkin about it, it doesn't seem like it'd be that more difficult than buying a house. There's numerous warehouses that have been abandoned probably since I was born off the top of my head, those probably would be a lil more of a project. But there's plenty that are in decent shape, maybe a few busted windows here and there, with the for rent/lease/sale signs out front. I can't imagine that the asking price would be too much, as they'd probably just be excited to sell it with the way things are. Obviously, you're gonna have some repairs and work to do on it to make it hospitable. But you'd also have quite a bit of work to do on a house you purchased that's been vacant for who knows how long after it was foreclosed. The banks don't care about their upkeep obviously. And you'd clearly have a ****load more room in a warehouse as opposed to a house. Get a couple friends, fix it up, hopefully someone knows plumbing and someone knows some carpentry and someone knows some electrician work so you don't gotta pay out the ass for someone to come out to install a shower or rewire lights or whatever the case may be.

I probably wouldn't recommend having giant parties in your warehouse, as that would be pretty damn noticeable amongst the rows of vacant dark buildings, but if you were in a band, you would have very few noise complaints as you practiced at 2 AM.

I'm gonna look into this in the near future. This is better than my treehouse idea.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: