Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 AM   #16
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2010 draft thread

The way we are playing these days a top 10 pick is not out of the question.

If we could pull a miracle off in the draft again idk what I'd do but it would be loud and foolish.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: 2010 draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I have a question that I've been meaning to ask:

If we trade Kirk Hinrich during the draft for a draft pick ,would a player or players have to be added to the deal to make it work?

Like the salaries still have to match up right?

Lets say Kirk's contract is 8.5M and the draft pick (depending what # the pick is) is worth 2M... Would another approximately 6M have to be added to the deal in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk makes $9 million, so if the team we are trading him to is at least $9 million under the cap (not the luxury tax line) then we can trade him without taking any contracts back in return. From here we could go into trade exceptions, but that would take way too long.

If the trade is made for a draft pick or for the draft rights to a player (after he has been drafted but before he signs a contract), then the pick/player does not count against the cap. The salaries only need to match up if both teams are over the cap.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes Kirk is overpaid. But why trade for picks? This draft is NOT that good. We might see 2 players out of this draft reach all-star status, and maybe 3-4 more that become solid career starters. Heck, John Wall is hyped and skilled, but he has been a total headcase, so who knows what will come out of this class.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #19
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

I got a question boys. So say we miss the playoffs and get into the lottery, which is most certain at this point, does that mean that if the Milwaukee Bucks make the playoffs they could then switch their pick with ours, so they would be in the lottery rather than us? if thats so, then WOW I would be incredibly angry.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: 2010 draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
I got a question boys. So say we miss the playoffs and get into the lottery, which is most certain at this point, does that mean that if the Milwaukee Bucks make the playoffs they could then switch their pick with ours, so they would be in the lottery rather than us? if thats so, then WOW I would be incredibly angry.

Well, if the season was to end now, we would have the 11th pick. So the Bucks would be able to switch picks with us unless we won the lottery and got one of the top 3 picks. After tonight's games, we are 6 wins ahead of the Clippers, who have the 10th worst record. If we end up with the 10th worst record or below, then the Bucks would not be able to switch picks whether we win the lottery or not. Based on how we are playing right now, the Clippers might actually be able to pass us...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Well, if the season was to end now, we would have the 11th pick. So the Bucks would be able to switch picks with us unless we won the lottery and got one of the top 3 picks. After tonight's games, we are 6 wins ahead of the Clippers, who have the 10th worst record. If we end up with the 10th worst record or below, then the Bucks would not be able to switch picks whether we win the lottery or not. Based on how we are playing right now, the Clippers might actually be able to pass us...
wow Thanks man. I will now turn my attention to Clippers games lol. trade still bothers me though its pretty lopsided, i mean we basically got hakim warrick, who, lets face it just isnt that good, giving them an above average SG whos really pushing them into the playoffs AND a possible late lottery pick? I don't get it. Goddamn bulls organization. I feel like so many players would love to come play in chicago but shy away from us because our organization blows so bad. Paxson, Gar and Reinsdorf need to be shown the door.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #22
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought our pick was top 10 protected.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #23
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i was the biggest lance stephenson hater.. but after watchin him play (a couple of times were by accident cuz nuthin was else on tv) i was gettin more n more impressed and now im sold on him, this kids gonna be a steal in the draft, by the major schools not recruitting him mite have done him good

i see this guy as an eventual paul pierce potentially, he's got sick handles for a guy his size, he would easily by the bulls best ball handler if we draft him, and his j aint there yet, its still decent with good touch and form which will get better, and he's a great defender, he's not projected to come out this year but knowing him he just mite, he does have character issues but under right guidance and derrick roses calm demeanor influence mite help the kid..

anyways if he does come out this year he's going late 1st-2nd round and thats a crazzzy steal for this kid, not a lot of players can change my mind, but this kid has! watch someone like the utah jazz or santonio spurs steal him with a late 1st rounder, the jazz and spurs know how to draft, y can't we be like them?
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #24
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

In all seriousness, I don't know if our playoff hopes are still alive given the schedule we have remaining. I'm not sure which would be better--hoping to lose the majority of the games and slide into the top ten picks so that the Bucks can't switch picks with us, or trying to grit it out to impress free agents but still have a great chance of finishing outside the playoffs.

Peronsally, I think the notion that free agents would be turned off on the Bulls by not making the playoffs this year is silly given all the injuries we've sustained. I think it was clear that this was a good playoff team at full strength, and that's what will matter to free agents who are concerned about winning.

That said, I always want to see a Bulls win. The next four games (@ Miami, @ Memphis, @ Dallls, home against Cleveland), though, look to be pretty sure losses if Rose and Deng miss some more time and Noah can't come back. We'd be pretty far out of the playoff hunt at that point--we'd have a 10-game losing streak. If that happens, I wouldn't be upset to see the Bulls lose some more games, guarantee a lottery pick that can't be switched with the Bucks, and re-group to put on a full-court press to sign one of the top FA's.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #25
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Yes Kirk is overpaid. But why trade for picks? This draft is NOT that good. We might see 2 players out of this draft reach all-star status, and maybe 3-4 more that become solid career starters. Heck, John Wall is hyped and skilled, but he has been a total headcase, so who knows what will come out of this class.

2 players that reach all-star status and maybe 3-4 solid career starters?
How do you know that? You don't and neithe does anybody else. The draft is full of uncertainty and surprises. There were plenty of players throughout history that were selected very late into the draft and turned out to be all-stars and very productive players. I don't think I need to include names because we all know examples of such players. To say that there is a definite amount of players who will do well and who won't is going out and making a highly inaccurate assumption. The players you think will be stars can turn out to be busts and the players you think won't make it in the league can turn out to be really good players. You just never know. So why not trade someone on your roster who clearly isn't going to take you to the next level while at the same time is restricting you financially so that there is a large strain on your flexibility to improve your startes as well as build a quality bench. I'm not going to get into this whole keep kirk vs. trade kirk ordeal again because everyone here knows how I feel about it. Jus't dont see why we would rule out the draft. It shouldn't be what we focus on because free agency should be, but the draft can and will be an essential supplement in getting another star player to team up with Rose, Deng, and Noah and then adding young guys through the draft that will fill out the roster, work hard for minutes, and add that extra boost. Taj Gibson is an example of all this. Who would have thought he would produce the way he's been considering he was picked so low in the 1st round? Not many. And James Johnson is another example of a rookie who can come in and provide alot to the team as he's been showing as of late why he should have been getting more playing time all along. Free Agency should be used to fill the 2 holes in our starting lineup and the draft should be used to add depth and some quality to our bench
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #26
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
i was the biggest lance stephenson hater.. but after watchin him play (a couple of times were by accident cuz nuthin was else on tv) i was gettin more n more impressed and now im sold on him, this kids gonna be a steal in the draft, by the major schools not recruitting him mite have done him good

i see this guy as an eventual paul pierce potentially, he's got sick handles for a guy his size, he would easily by the bulls best ball handler if we draft him, and his j aint there yet, its still decent with good touch and form which will get better, and he's a great defender, he's not projected to come out this year but knowing him he just mite, he does have character issues but under right guidance and derrick roses calm demeanor influence mite help the kid..

anyways if he does come out this year he's going late 1st-2nd round and thats a crazzzy steal for this kid, not a lot of players can change my mind, but this kid has! watch someone like the utah jazz or santonio spurs steal him with a late 1st rounder, the jazz and spurs know how to draft, y can't we be like them?

I've been watching Lance Stephenson since his sophomore year in High School and he's a really good player. He has the NBA body. Very strong for a SG. Alot of range on his shot. Good form. Should be able to be a good shooter at the next level both from the 3-point line and midrange. His toughness and good ball handling ability will get him to the whole where he will convert or get fouled. He hussles on defense but does need to improve in that area. Not extremely athletic or very fast but has deceptive jumping ability and quickness. Overall, he has alot of all-around skill with a few things that he needs to improve on such as his shot selection at times as well as his defense. He has received alot of criticism for certain on and off court situations where he didn't always use the best judgement and I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but he is still a kid. I don't think he did anything so drastic, I think people just took what he did and overexaggerated it because they saw an opppurtunity to down a kid who had been hyped up. People called him a ballhog when he was in High School, but I think that wasn't deserved either. He actually showed a pretty good passing ability and involved teamates nicely. It got made into him hogging the ball, but all he was doing was taking over the game because he could and because he needed to. During this freshman season at Cincinatti he has shown that he has been a part of the system and hasn't tried to do to much. I think he was trying to shake off that bad reputation of him being a ballhog. During the Big East tournament he turned it up a notch and you could tell he wanted to show people what he's capable of. He has came out and said that he most likely will return for his sophomore season at Cincinatti but you never know. If the Bulls somehow get a second pick in the 1st or if he falls to them in the 2nd round I say they should definately pick him. I think the doubts about his character will go away though, as I think that scouts will see that he's grown up from his time in high school with this year in college and he will be a middle of the first round pick if he does come out.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #27
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I had my thoughts on Da'Sean Butler from WVU. This dude can ball. This dude has been hitting game winners. This dude can play all 4 positions. I think the Bulls should keep a eye out on this guy.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: