Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Peak T-Mac vs Peak Bird

Peak Bird is better overall, but peak TMac is the better scorer, arguably the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Peak Bird is better overall, but peak TMac is the better scorer, arguably the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Even as a TMac stan I think that's just absurd.. He was great when he peaked but wasn't on par with Larry Legend.

Bird was great in his day, but the game's evolved too much. He wouldn't be a star today, probably wouldn't start either. Should make a team though.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Bird was great in his day, but the game's evolved too much. He wouldn't be a star today, probably wouldn't start either. Should make a team though.

I'm confused. Where is the white text?

College superstar

I actually think a conversation could be had. I'm not saying peak Tmac > peak Bird, but there are things to consider.

Bird at his peak was an amazing scorer and passer, but the pace and league averages in ppg, rpg, apg and fg% were inflated. Also, Bird just had a more competent team around him which made it easier to rack up assists and points at a higher

Tmac's numbers at his peak were amazing not just in the typical stats everyone looks at (32/6.5/5.5) but he took care of the ball VERY well, only turning the ball over 2.7 times per game.

Banned

I agree. Zero athleticism. His vision and passing is greatly exaggerated and overrated, too. He did two handed passes that you'd see a middle school girl do in co-ed gym. Who is he going to go up against? Monsters like Klay Thompson instead of shitty Dominique Wilkins. Too real out here now.

He can maybe have a stretch of 9 games once in his career doing 18/10/2. That's about it.

Made that high school varsity squad

really all that needs to be said

Yeah, let's just act like Bird wouldn't be a high school basketball coach in this era.

The dude had the athleticism of my grandma and the belly of my 50 year old fatass alcoholic uncle. If he saw more than 5 minutes of action a game, I'd be shocked.

You're brother, right..... okay. Why make this a thread? There's no damn argument.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I'm confused. Where is the white text?
    lol felt it was unnecessary.

Banned

I want him to see this thread because he's stubborn. You can believe there is no brother and I'm hyping up T-Mac or whatever. That's on you.

Dude told me Duncan wasn't even an above average defender. He's just very silly and holds baseless opinions like they're facts.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I want him to see this thread because he's stubborn. You can believe there is no brother and I'm hyping up T-Mac or whatever. That's on you.

Dude told me Duncan wasn't even an above average defender. He's just very silly and holds baseless opinions like they're facts.
    You're brother is a giant piece of ********

Nah kay but he's a bit, young? missinformed and ignorant.

If t-mac had played with that stacked celtics team and larry with the horrible orlando magic, 90% of people in this thread would have said peak t-mac was better. But that wasnt the case. T-mac wasnt lucky.