Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Hawker rates your music taste...

The Whitest Boy Alive is pretty nice. Real chill. http://youtu.be/PyD8nTvtrEU

NBA Superstar

classic thread from the petroleum jelly engineer, back when he had a mad widow's peak.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    You probably won't know many of my bands, good luck rating.

Mana
    Juanes
    Rojo
    Camila
    Conjunto Primavera
    Intocable
    Los Bukis
    Paquito De Rivera

I know all of the these bands, could go into further detail if necessary. The only one I don't listen to religiously is 'Camila'. Mana is my favorite. Many hardcore Mana fans think Mana has declined, I think otherwise. Manda una senal, Labios compartidos, mariposa traicionera, and Bendita tu luz are some of my many favorites.

Juanes is alright, not a big fan of him. 'Me enamora' and 'gotas de agua dulce' are a few songs I have on my ipod.

Rojo? You Christian brah? That's the only 'Rojo' band I've heard of. They have OK songs, nothing special. Anette Moreno used to be with them but she got out I think. Good because she's annoying anyway. They're better off without her. About 4 months ago my brother told me about a concert Rojo was having here in Houston. It was part of their farewell tour so I guess they don't play anymore? Couple songs I like 'una generacion apasionada', and 'siguiendote los pasos'. Their music is for teens, they can do better.

Conjunto Primavera, they're trash bro. I hate that 'Norteno' type of music that comes with alto saxophone. That style in particular derives from Chihuahua I think. Los Rieleros have that 'chihuaheno' thing going for them though. 'Dime quien es' is catchy as shit. But if you're going to listen to old skool norteno music might as well listen to the original. The Norteno from the Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas area is where is at.

Ramon y Sus Bravos (the big dog when it comes to regional music), and Cachorros play Tamaulipas type of norteno music. Most of the other famous bands play Nueveo Leon style. Invasores de Nuevo Leon, Herederos, Cadetes, La Leyenda, Lalo Mora, Isaias Lucero, Los Cardenales ...all these guys are definitely old skool Monterrey sound.

Every genre changes and so has this one. Now you have bands like Intocable, Duelo, and Pesado who have added pop onto their music. That's new skool otherwise known as 'Grupero' or 'Norteno light'. The three bands I just mentioned are the big dogs now. Then you have a bunch of 2nd tier bands like Estruendo, Masizzo, Solido, Costumbre, Intenso, Palomo, Noe Salinas y Novedad, Iman, Siggno (I guess they're not 2nd tier but whatever), etc etc. Some of these bands try too hard to sound like Duelo or Intocable.

They really need to come up with their own style. The 'slow romantic cumbia' got old quick. And Intocable has gotten a little too main stream for my taste. I feel like they're purposely making these catchy hooky songs because it appeals to the masses. Songs like Suena, Aire, and 'todo para que?' made them. Now they release songs like 'Arrepiente' and 'Llueve'. Musically they have regressed. Their bass player is amazing though. As a musician I really appreciate what these guys can do. Mario Padilla for cachorros is an amazing drummer.

You have bands who've literally added Jazz and funk to the norteno. Check out bands like 'La Firma' and 'El Plan'. You'll probably like them. Anyway, this new norteno genre is OK I guess. And yes I HATE Tejano. I absolutely hate it.

A few 'modern' songs I have on my ipod: Suena, robarte un beso, trate de olvidarte, que hubiera sido de mi vida, con la intencion de lastimarte, Daria, Le Dire, Que Harias? , Piensa en mi, si ella supiera, Arrancame, Humillate, para ti con amor, Te juro, te odio y te amo, un minuto mas, dame un besito, tu adios no mata, caminare, dejame amarte, mitad y mitad, por amarte tanto, loco, solo contigo lo mejor de mi vida, Ya no me importa, etc etc.

Los Bukis....Meh, never got into their music. I've definitely heard of them though. Paquita la del barrio....f*ck that fat slob pos. Her music is shitty. She just takes feminism to a another level. I hate her. I lol'd when the media went after her for saying gays shouldn't be allowed to raise kids.

like everything from bob marley, michael jackson and the scorpions

some of the stuff from eminem, sean paul, 2pac, dr dre, eazy e, moby, beyonce's and jayz' older stuff, george michael, tiesto, the beatles, gregory isaacs, ice cube, james brown, jeff buckley, oasis, ac/dc, snoop dogg, ziggy and damian marley, foreigner, bon jovi, aerosmith, duran duran, whitesnake and prodigy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    Talkin' Bout Spanish Musica
    Nortenos and banda music are good only for dancing with muchachas. Hispanic women love to dance because it gives them the excuse to get touchy and physical, almost like foreplay. Besides that though, the music itself is crap to listen to. Its simplistic and lacks all substance.

Mana is the shit, even though a lot of their newer stuff turned heavy rock pop. Some missing would be Cafe Tacuba, Julieta Venegas (at least when Im the mood to stomach spanish pop), Velorio and Jaguares. All the spanish stuff is limited though because they become redundant and always steer towards pop rock to gain mainstream acceptance. Like Shakira when she was young.. (Pies Descalzos, D

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

[QUOTE=ZeN]Nortenos and banda music are good only for dancing with muchachas. Hispanic women love to dance because it gives them the excuse to get touchy and physical, almost like foreplay. Besides that though, the music itself is crap to listen to. Its simplistic and lacks all substance.

Mana is the shit, even though a lot of their newer stuff turned heavy rock pop. Some missing would be Cafe Tacuba, Julieta Venegas (at least when Im the mood to stomach spanish pop), Velorio and Jaguares. All the spanish stuff is limited though because they become redundant and always steer towards pop rock to gain mainstream acceptance. Like Shakira when she was young.. (Pies Descalzos, D

!!!

i'm pretty set in my ways as far as music - it's mostly almost all old school. some artists that consistently frequent my playlist:

2pac (extensive collection to the point that it's embarassing)
    mozart
    beethoven
    dvorak
    brahms
    snoop (death row era)
    bone thugs
    twista
    james taylor
    carole king
    phil collins
    genesis
    eva cassidy
    billy joel
    elton john
    ice cube
    ice t
    outkast
    brotha lynch hung (off-base, i know)
    psychodrama (chicago rap group)
    norah jones
    madonna
    michael jackson
    marvin gaye
    bruce springsteen
    andrea bocelli

rate me, daddy.
    Last edited by diamenz; 02-22-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Saw a basketball once

In flames
    Lamb of God
    Dark Tranquility
    Therion
    Opeth
    Lacrimosa
    Taproot
    Archenemy
    Megadeth
    Iron Maiden
    Emperor
    Sepultura
    Tiamat
    Amon Amarth

Coheed and Cambria
    killswitch engage
    alexisonfire
    saosin
    chiodos
    Alesana
    Funeral for a friend
    senses fail
    Sublime
    Bob Marley
    3-11
    oneokrock

Beatles
    AC/DC (especially the Bon Scott era)
    Pink Floyd
    Rush
    Tool
    Led Zeppelin
    Doors
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    Alice in Chains
    Black Sabbath (especially the Dio era)
    Dio