Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default James Johnson is getting playing time!

in the d-league



AOL Fanhouse reports: James Johnson is expected to be assigned to the NBA D-League's Iowa Energy on Thursday, according to a source.

The 16th pick in last year's draft has played in 12 games for the Bulls this season with his last being a Jan. 4 game against Toronto (3 minutes, no statistics).

This will be the first time the Bulls have made use of the D-League since the 2007-08 season when they sent Shannon Brown, Cedric Simmons, Demetris Nichols and JamesOn Curry down.

Get the full story at nba.fanhouse.com.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,448
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

:) but also
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year
 
Glide2keva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

I remember JamesOn Curry. Sad to see him go.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Nick Nurse!

I hope this isn't goodbye for JJ. He did win a game for us this year, nearly single-handedly at that! Thibs doesn't have the Head Coaching skills/staff chemistry to juggle prep, playbook, and development yet. I think if this was his 3rd year with a staff, JJ would have become a force.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Nick Nurse!

I hope this isn't goodbye for JJ. He did win a game for us this year, nearly single-handedly at that! Thibs doesn't have the Head Coaching skills/staff chemistry to juggle prep, playbook, and development yet. I think if this was his 3rd year with a staff, JJ would have become a force.
Agreed.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,074
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

This will be a positive experience for JJ.

First game with them he had a game high 28 points.

Hope when he gets called back Thibs gives him a shot.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
jasonresno
Banned
 
jasonresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,957
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Read an article on espn. Apparently they're going to call JJ back up in 8 games or so, when we're back at home.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,417
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
Read an article on espn. Apparently they're going to call JJ back up in 8 games or so, when we're back at home.

Good to hear.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
fknc
Get JJ Minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 245
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

I think that best part is that JJ himself asked to be sent to the dleague. He wants to get better which is always a positive sign. He has looked great the first two games down there. Hopefully he keeps it up.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

I dunno how many people are aware of NBA.com's free futurecast game streaming. It's actually not bad, no signup needed.

http://futurecast.nba.com/nbadl/console.jsp

Next game is Tuesday night. Every so often I'll watch some D-League, namely Nick Nurse, since he's on my radar(head coach of the Iowa Energy). But to see JJ in a few games will be some off-day entertainment as well.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

So after watching the D-League game today, JJe's not even giving 100%, just sitting back and trying to get his teamates going. This characteristic bothers me. Hes better than this, but has little motivation to show his colors with the minutes that he's getting. I hope he takes this seriously and understands he is being graded on his performance here. D-League still counts, as far as his road goes.

His footing and positioning is by far better than everyone on the floor.
He's still fouling guys, but he's making the fouls count. Everyone had to earn their shots on the line.

He was out of place for a few minutes, and he totally lost his discipline going into the final stretch, which was bothersome because the Energy had a shot to win the game.

His final was 10/11/7/3/1 and it did look like he was trying to force a triple double at some point, rather than just take over the game.

If he can get motivated, Johnson would dominate everything in D-League. I'm still a fan of his, and hope he does well, but Bulls fans, don't hold your breath, it will take another few years to get James Johnson into a reliable role of any sorts. From then, he will be an excellent asset to any team.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
jasonresno
Banned
 
jasonresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,957
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

That's a really cool link Crystallas, I'll have to check that out next time JJ is playing.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
KelticForce1349
Local High School Star
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,174
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
So after watching the D-League game today, JJe's not even giving 100%, just sitting back and trying to get his teamates going. This characteristic bothers me. Hes better than this, but has little motivation to show his colors with the minutes that he's getting. I hope he takes this seriously and understands he is being graded on his performance here. D-League still counts, as far as his road goes.

His footing and positioning is by far better than everyone on the floor.
He's still fouling guys, but he's making the fouls count. Everyone had to earn their shots on the line.

He was out of place for a few minutes, and he totally lost his discipline going into the final stretch, which was bothersome because the Energy had a shot to win the game.

His final was 10/11/7/3/1 and it did look like he was trying to force a triple double at some point, rather than just take over the game.

If he can get motivated, Johnson would dominate everything in D-League. I'm still a fan of his, and hope he does well, but Bulls fans, don't hold your breath, it will take another few years to get James Johnson into a reliable role of any sorts. From then, he will be an excellent asset to any team.


I think it is in the Jamal Crawford thread that you mentioned the Bulls buying high and selling low, and the Bulls giving up too soon on certain players. I think that sentiment could easily apply to a player like a JJ. He may very well be one of those guys that gets traded and then finds his drive to play the best Basketball he can play.

I don't want the Bulls to give up on JJ just yet, and I assume you would agree? JJ doesn't wow me in any one particular fashion, but I believe that is due to the fact that he will have more of an overall game impact rather just points or whatever. I also feel that with JJ's size and martial arts background he will be a vital enforcer for any team through his career.

If there was an awesome trade that included JJ that was just too good to turn down...ok, do it. I can and want to wait and give JJ the time to develop his maturity as both a person and as a Basketball player.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: James Johnson is getting playing time!

Oh, I definately wouldn't give up on JJ anytime soon.

JJ is on the table for any trade that will help this team win a title. Right now, the Bulls are respected as a team about to reach elite status(something that is only earned in the playoffs), making it hard for any teams out there to want to HELP make us better. Therefore, I see JJ in a Bulls uniform for the next few years, pending he doesn't screw it up himself.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy