Banned

Default How can a law mandating insurance get passed but an assault weapons ban cant?

People blame the NRA and gun lobbies for paying off politicians.

Democrats are largely the ones who wanted healthcare passed and they got it. So why can't they get a ban on assault weapons passed when the vast majority of Americans want it??

Are Democrats the ones letting donors take priority over the will of the public?

I don't even mean for this to sound like partisan finger pointing, I'm legitimately curious how the left can get healthcare passed but a bill that helps to reduce violence cannot be worked out.

I think it's an outrageous reflection on the priorities of all members of Congress that they are willing to pass laws dictating what citizens must purchase with their own money, but won't pass a law that prevents people from walking around with weapons made for rampage.

Default Re: How can a law mandating insurance get passed but an assault weapons ban cant?

are you dumb? because healthcare has no bias to any party, where guns do.

Default Re: How can a law mandating insurance get passed but an assault weapons ban cant?

according to OP, republicans are immortal. seriously you cant be this dumb.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    People blame the NRA and gun lobbies for paying off politicians.

Democrats are largely the ones who wanted healthcare passed and they got it. So why can't they get a ban on assault weapons passed when the vast majority of Americans want it??

Are Democrats the ones letting donors take priority over the will of the public?

I don't even mean for this to sound like partisan finger pointing, I'm legitimately curious how the left can get healthcare passed but a bill that helps to reduce violence cannot be worked out.

I think it's an outrageous reflection on the priorities of all members of Congress that they are willing to pass laws dictating what citizens must purchase with their own money, but won't pass a law that prevents people from walking around with weapons made for rampage.
    Because the ACA is a corporate handout to the large insurance corporations and big pharma.

They would have stopped single payer and even the public option. At the very least they would have gone to war to fight it. Those policies would have decimated their profit margins.

Mandating That everyone uninsured buy private insurance, is the wet dream of big insurance executives. The cost controls in obamacare will fail in the long term as different insurance companies merge and acquire each other and reach a cournot equilibrium. And the premium tax credits are effectively a transfer of government wealth to private insurance companies.

Edit: to summarize the ACA benefits private insurance companies (monied interests) it passes.
    Loose gun laws benefit gun manufacturers (monied interests) they are prevalent.

Monied interests win in America.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

no one is dying from assault rifles, it is not a priority, the only people that think so are those who have been a bit brainwashed by school shooting and the Batman movie shooting...

concealed weapons (handguns) are the problem...not assault rifles, no one is running around killing people with AKs and such, that is really rare

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

no one is dying from assault rifles, it is not a priority, the only people that think so are those who have been a bit brainwashed by school shooting and the Batman movie shooting...

concealed weapons (handguns) are the problem...not assault rifles, no one is running around killing people with AKs and such, that is really rare
    People just go after assault rifles because they interrupt it as not being covered by the second amendment (I strongly disagree with this interpretation, as I believe the second amendment refers to "arms" which at a minimum covers infantry level weaponry). (note I am not pro gun, i just think the second amendment's intent is obvious and that until further amended an amendment is the supreme law of our country)

We will never get rid of handguns, because the second amendment exists.