Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

i'm too late an too lazy to join this discussion

but drake suck ass.

and to the person that was hating on G Rap and Rakim. **** off

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Wu style mixed with drake?

Perhaps I heard the wrong song but that didnt sound a damn thing like the Wu Tang I remember.

And real talk...I dont give two shits about Drake. Hes just another single producing rapper owning radio I dont listen to. But the hate he sees from fans of "real" hip hop is just laughable.

We went from....be yourself....stop the violence...rappers delight...rock duets....

To a point where someone who grew up upper middle class needs to talk murder and lie over wannabe Pete rock/Primo beats to be taken serious by the same kind of fans who are my age and asking what happened. Whats wrong with black culture, hip hop, and so on.

The problem is....90% of rappers come in and see that lying about being hard is the way to go. They go get their local garbage producer to whip up a beat that sounds like "Hard in the paint" and tell lies about streets they have never been on.

All these lying ass fake thugs all over the place making the same song and rhyming tech with bet and love with thugs over the same damn beat.

But the problem is....little rich kids who didnt come up hard rapping like little rich kids who didnt come up hard.

Hiphop is the fakest genre of music there ever was. Pushed by little white kids who think guys who have been rich and famous since they were 17 are real thugs and then weh ave guys my age fronting like every one of their favorine MCs isnt fake as a 3 dollar bill.

Bunch of muslims talking drug selling, people living down the street from Drake talking about streets they saw from their grandmas window at 13, and tatted up idiots screaming about murders they never did or will get involved in.

But Drake is a problem.

Thats why hip hop is dead. Not it being stacked with lying thugs who see destroying the minds of the youth as the path to success. Its dead because someone rapping about their actual life and appealing more to the average american is a success without the dumb mixtape beats that all sound like Pastor Troy mixed with the Neptunes.

Drake isnt my kind of music. But the kind of music I listen to is a hell of a lot faker than he is.

If Biggie were doing the shit from Dead Wrong he would have been in jail before album one.....

Im not gonna hate on dude for being himself. He didnt come up where I did. I respect that he doesnt lie to me about it.

When I think about how "real" fans make room for liars and fake thugs who live down the street from Drake and arent one bit more likely to do something "hard" but call out Drake for being closer to honest than most....

I kinda feel like Bunk on the wire.

"Makes me sick mother****er how far we done fell."

So many "real" fans only rep fake rappers. And dont even see the problem there........
    Dude to put it quick and simple

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

nobody said you had to like him. since whatever mixtape had congratulations on it I think I only liked two solo songs he had.

and one just for the beat.

Blaze is having a moment..

way off topic right now.. Just looking at the genre as a whole? I say I agree with alot of what blaze is saying, but it doesnt have sh*t to do with this issue right here.

fake muslims and rich white kids aside? the bottomline is that Wu fans dont wanna see Drake trying to rep Wu ... He's not built like that..

The "came through on his Wu Tang" line is about how he blew up and took over as an independent artist who got to basically dictate his contract with the labels.

I get why people are mad tho but it was probably Drake's intent to be controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Sheed what do you think of Jay Lethal doing Macho Man and Ric Flair impersonations?

I dont follow wrestling.. couldnt give you an opinion on that

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Sheed what do you think of Jay Lethal doing Macho Man and Ric Flair impersonations?
    As long as they're good there is no problem.

What people don't get is, it isn't that Drake was paying a tribute, that's great if you ask me.

It's that it basically sucks.

He 'borrowed' their lines
    He 'borrowed' Common's analogy
    But that aint really the main issue

The main issue is he did it in a way that is against the Wu's core principle.

If dude had came out busting, people wouldn't be mad. Actually if he came out busting he may have earned some new fans. They may have seen him in a different light and learned to appreicate him. I was honestly expecting him to come out busting, getting raw on the mic. But he did everything that most of us and YES even the Wu have criticized him (and rap in general) of being:

Corny and lame

Again, it isn't that he sings (Pharaoh, Mos and a few others sing from time to time as well).

It isn't that he raps about relationships (even Wu members have doen that)

It's his whole style and approach.

It just hit me.

There might be a distant but probably chance that I could produce for Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus

ace23 has a better chance
    Not sure why you're laughing, you don't know why I DO have a distant chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    and to the person that was hating on G Rap and Rakim. **** off
    Not hating, just stating facts.

National High School Star

OF COURSE Kblaze would defend Drake! Blaze is the first to defend fake ass ni66as.

Blaze loves Lebron, Drake, The Yankees, Obama, and Microsoft. This ni66a has no shame!

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Not hating, just stating facts.
    "your facts are backwards"

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    "your facts are backwards"
    I have a more complex rhyme structure than Rakim. This is a fact. Hate on me all you want, but this is true.

I don't even know why Rasheed tried to bring my music into this.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    I have a more complex rhyme structure than Rakim. This is a fact. Hate on me all you want, but this is true.

I don't even know why Rasheed tried to bring my music into this.
    You really don't tho.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'm in a bar playing a drake song I don't know. it's some kinda intro.

stood out to me that he mentioned listening to cappadona.

and the next song is drake too.

life is funny