Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2009

Decent playground baller

Default Wimbledon 2009

Let's talk about it here.

How about that? Defending champion Nadal pulls out. No Federer Nadal epic final again. But Murray is the favorite as he has a chance to become the first Briton to win it in like a gazillion years.

I want Federer to win though but given his inconsistencies (age and last yr's mental effect on him) I'm not hoping too much. I'm excited though what his coat would be this year. Last year's cardigan was just

Djokoic and Del Potro are some of the other guys who can win this as well. It's been a while since a lower-ranked player has won a GS so who knows it might be this time!

What are your thoughts?

I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Wimbledon 2009

A Federer vs Murray final would be amazing. This country would explode if Murray won.

Federer losing only 2 sets throughout the whole tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    A Federer vs Murray final would be amazing. This country would explode if Murray won.
    I think Federer and Murray are both in the same bracket now that Nadal dropped out.
    I hope Federer wins but this year its wide open, alot of guys can win it.

EDIT: Sorry, just checked, you're right, Federer - Murray final is a possibility.

Federer will face Djokovic in the semis, and Murray faces Roddick.
    Not a big task for either, so I am guessing Federer - Murray final is a very good possibility.
    Last edited by arkain; 06-20-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Federer's gotta be the 1 seed. What's Murray's seed? Would be a great story if Murray won one for his country, but it's not like Federer passing Sampras for his 15th AT Wimbledon no less would be a lesser story.

I'm tipping either Del Potro or Djokovic.

I'm so disappointed about Nadal. I mean the guy is 23 and his career was on the rise, and now all of a sudden he has these serious knee issues that seem like they are gonna plague him throughout his career. Now he's most likely gonna lose his #1 ranking that he worked so hard for.

Banned

Are you sure Roddick is even going to make it to the semis? He suxors

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    I'm so disappointed about Nadal. I mean the guy is 23 and his career was on the rise, and now all of a sudden he has these serious knee issues that seem like they are gonna plague him throughout his career. Now he's most likely gonna lose his #1 ranking that he worked so hard for.
    I'm pretty sure he does some kind of steroids anyways, I mean first of all look at the man, second of all both his knees are giving out already at 23? Looks like steroids to me

Decent playground baller

Talking Re: Wimbledon 2009

On Nadal using steroids, knees breaking down is a sign? Sorry not very familiar with steroids' effects. Although his type of play is really physically demanding which is why many people kinda saw this coming, him having health issues at such a young age. Fed and Nadal would've been awesome in the final.

Fed lost only two sets last year? Wow! Hope he makes history in two weeks but I still see Murray with the biggest chance to win. Let's see if the media hype will propel him or bring him down.

One more day guys!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by booonkers
    On Nadal using steroids, knees breaking down is a sign? Sorry not very familiar with steroids' effects. Although his type of play is really physically demanding which is why many people kinda saw this coming, him having health issues at such a young age. Fed and Nadal would've been awesome in the final.

Fed lost only two sets last year? Wow! Hope he makes history in two weeks but I still see Murray with the biggest chance to win. Let's see if the media hype will propel him or bring him down.

One more day guys!
    yeh thats why guys like Petite, Clemens and Giambi get injured so much, it messes with your joints, also my friend was an amazing basketball player then he started juicing and his knees just keep giving out now, he plays twice then gets another massive knee injury, spends 2 months rehabbing it, plays again and lasts like a week before he hurts them again, he's only 18, steroids really mess with your joints and looking at Nadal I'm really not surprised if he is juicing

Decent playground baller

Oh yeah what about on the women's side? I'm guessing the Williams sisters will be in the final and I'm leaning towards Venus, this is her best surface.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    yeh thats why guys like Petite, Clemens and Giambi get injured so much, it messes with your joints, also my friend was an amazing basketball player then he started juicing and his knees just keep giving out now, he plays twice then gets another massive knee injury, spends 2 months rehabbing it, plays again and lasts like a week before he hurts them again, he's only 18, steroids really mess with your joints and looking at Nadal I'm really not surprised if he is juicing
    Geez, it's amazing how many athletes use steroids given its side effects. Pretty stupid, let the talent and hardwork do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    Are you sure Roddick is even going to make it to the semis? He suxors
    Hes been very good lately man, dont let his play on clay sway your opinions. He's a very different player on grass. No way is he locked to be in the semis, but it wont be a surprise either.

murrey cannot be the no.1 seed over federer- fed has one 2 of the last 3 majors and lost in the final at aus. unquestionably fed is 1 seed.

murrey also cannot be in the same half of the draw as they are 1 and 2 seeds coming in.

if federer plays his A or B game no one has a chance- with nadal out, that also includes murrey. but i wonder how motivated fed will be now that he is statistically the greatest player and with nothing else to prove. if fed brings his c game murrey can possibly beat him. remember this is grass, federers best surface.