Default steph curry injury odds

given that the warriors are allowed to play as physical as they want without repercussions and that frustration is high in the playoffs, what are the odds that curry is injured during the rest of the playoffs?

I give him a 80% chance to lose at least another game due to injury. This ain't a hate thread, just a betting thread and with dudes like beverly/howard/griffin/cp3/delladova/jr smith on the other side of the ball you gotta wonder if they're already smelling blood.

Let's hope curry don't break nothing, unfortunately all these warriors calls make me say I see it coming.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: steph curry injury odds

16-1

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    given that the warriors are allowed to play as physical as they want without repercussions and that frustration is high in the playoffs, what are the odds that curry is injured during the rest of the playoffs?
    Are you looking for the actual Vegas odds (just guessing there is a prop bet for this) or predictions from ISH posters?

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    Are you looking for the actual Vegas odds (just guessing there is a prop bet for this) or predictions from ISH posters?
    predictions from posters.
    I think I saw some vegas odds of 3/8 for another injury missed game for curry. I guess they're banking on the fact that people aren't as cynical as one might think , we all know that every coach will go at curry's ankle. that's just how the game is played.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

If he survives Beverley, CP3 will definitely take some shots. If he gets past the Spurs, you can be assured Delly will take out the leg.

If he survives this post season in one piece, he will definitely have earned it.

I would bet a little under 50% chance based on a combination of his injury histories, nature of the game and the fact that he has gone through a long season after going all the way last year. I don't think it is very likely that an opposing player would injure him on purpose for a few reasons.

Basketball is not like football where guys can twist your ankle in the pile and nobody even notices so it would be pretty blatant if somebody intentionally tried to hurt him. Very few star players are bush league enough to pull a stunt like this and if a scrub like Beverly did this to the MVP, he would be playing ball in Iraq next year and would be blackballed forever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Bogut gave Howard an arm bar last night. Olynk did it to Love last year.

Players all the time will put their foot under a jump shooter so he can land funny and twist the ankle. It'll be very easy for someone like Delly to dive at a ball and take out an ankle.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

i just saw tweets and they say that curry play in the practise without problem,90% he will play in the next max

Basketball is not like football where guys can twist your ankle in the pile and nobody even notices so it would be pretty blatant if somebody intentionally tried to hurt him. Very few star players are bush league enough to pull a stunt like this and if a scrub like Beverly did this to the MVP, he would be playing ball in Iraq next year and would be blackballed forever.
    i agree with that,if someone did it on curry,lebron or kobe on the playoffs he will have been out of the league

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Bogut gave Howard an arm bar last night. Olynk did it to Love last year.

Players all the time will put their foot under a jump shooter so he can land funny and twist the ankle. It'll be very easy for someone like Delly to dive at a ball and take out an ankle.
    bogut and delly are clever,the make dirty plays but they don't go full retard and try to hurt the other,all the times delly did these are when he was hustling for the ball so he can hide and bogut when howard try to shoot it,and he can say he didn't want howard to make it and let him score from fts

btw dmo did the same thing with the arm grab to barnes in the last game

bump.

say the warriors close out the pathetic rockets, curry will still have to play
    WCSF: cp3 or lillard (minimum 5 games)
    WCF: spurs or westbrook (minimum 6 games)
    Finals: lebron and the goon squad (delly & jr smith) (minimum 6 games)

That's basically a quater of a season against dirty opponents and very physical defenses. I'll put reinjury odds at 95% and a serious injury (acl stuff) at 60%, as GSW are too into this hype (dumbass kerr playing curry ). Before some of you rednecks rage at this thread check the creation date and the reasoning behind it.