Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #151
hayden695
College star

Default Re: Calling out Glove_20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Sent

that was pretty clever
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #152
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Quote:
Though when it comes down to it, I'm perfectly fine with being wrong and getting it marked right anyways. That's all that matters at the end. Though I admit I wasn't "precise" on my definition of precise.

You weren't precise with the english language either. I had trouble understanding what you were trying to say, intelligent people try to explain thing more coherently.

But I'll be honest with you;

You are not a stupid poster nor are you intolerable. You need to be a bit more humble and a lot less egotistical. You are a very insecure person who looks in the mirror and sees inadequacy instead of perfection. You day dream a lot about being important and powerful, I truly hope your can make it off your ambition alone because you certainly don't have the intellects that you think you possess. Your comprehension on this forum alone is pretty average, there are numerous posters on this forum who possess greater depth of knowledge. Heck, J-Money and hippos are two posters I respect more then you when it comes to displaying knowledge.

I gather all those things just from reading your posts, you are definitely not a bad poster and you do have a decent amount of knowledge but buddy, you are no where near as intelligent as you think and the faster that sinks in to your delusional mind, the quicker you'll start enjoying your life and stop annoying every single person you cross along the line. (online and off)

Just some friendly advice.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #153
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
You weren't precise with the english language either. I had trouble understanding what you were trying to say, intelligent people try to explain thing more coherently.

But I'll be honest with you;

You are not a stupid poster nor are you intolerable. You need to be a bit more humble and a lot less egotistical. You are a very insecure person who looks in the mirror and sees inadequacy instead of perfection. You day dream a lot about being important and powerful, I truly hope your can make it off your ambition alone because you certainly don't have the intellects that you think you possess. Your comprehension on this forum alone is pretty average, there are numerous posters on this forum who possess greater depth of knowledge. Heck, J-Money and hippos are two posters I respect more then you when it comes to displaying knowledge.

I gather all those things just from reading your posts, you are definitely not a bad poster and you do have a decent amount of knowledge but buddy, you are no where near as intelligent as you think and the faster that sinks in to your delusional mind, the quicker you'll start enjoying your life and stop annoying every single person you cross along the line. (online and off)

Just some friendly advice.

I think I would know more about how smart I am than you would right? Yes. Granted I'm not that great with topics such as history, humanities, and so on, but that's unnecessary in the real world depending on what you do. You don't have to be good at everything, just good at a certain aspect of things.

And it would kind of help if you gave evidence with your posts. Why the attack, because you couldn't do most of my quiz? What examples do you have that show inferiority in intelligence against anyone on the topics I excel in (I've listed them). I don't care if people know their history more than me, that's not important to me. So you got any evidence to back your claims?

Or is it the NBA forum you are talking about? Every thread I make (thats intended to be good) is good. Good reviews by everyone, even with the amount of enemies I have. They still can't help deny it's a good thread. Ask NBA Forum legends like Psileas or Dejordan how my NBA posting is, they'll both say very good.

PS: I felt as if I was in a time contraint so I explained the precision v accuracy thing really quick. J-Money got it though, you didn't, I think its a reading comprehension problem of yours rather than me explaining coherently.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #154
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
that was pretty clever

Yeah it was a tricky question right? I told you it required some logic and reasoning.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 AM   #155
hayden695
College star

Quote:
Yeah it was a tricky question right? I told you it required some logic and reasoning.

yah i was way off
oh and repped
Old 02-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #156
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
yah i was way off
oh and repped

Yeah, and don't listen to these other posters about their opinion about me. You probably already know I'm a cocky poster, and many don't like that attitude. The goal against a cocky poster is to undermine him every chance you get. That's what they are trying to do right now. Try to do anything they can to make me look bad to other and myself.

You're a pretty good poster though. I like that you were interested in knowing the answer. Learn from that logic/reason/math and get it in your head. Things like that will pop up again in other forms, most your peers will have no idea how to think it through.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #157
hayden695
College star

Quote:
Yeah, and don't listen to these other posters about their opinion about me. You probably already know I'm a cocky poster, and many don't like that attitude. The goal against a cocky poster is to undermine him every chance you get. That's what they are trying to do right now. Try to do anything they can to make me look bad to other and myself.

You're a pretty good poster though. I like that you were interested in knowing the answer. Learn from that logic/reason/math and get it in your head. Things like that will pop up again in other forms, most your peers will have no idea how to think it through.

yah thanks, yah most of the guys i chill with and go to school with are always stoned so if i asked them something like that i would get alot of blank stares
Old 02-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #158
Parade
and t'all a good night

Quote:
And you couldn't get a 100 on the last quiz either if you tried, so I'd stop talking there.
Oh noes, I'm scurred of your genius quiz. If you wanna throw down then lets go.

When it comes to nerdin' I'd murk you. Math, phyiscs, chemistry...

As far as econ/business and whatever else, I can't say, never really dipped my beak in it, but if I did, the result would be the same. The difference between me and you is I know my limitations and don't pretend to be something I'm not.

But I'll answer your 'test', even the ones that aren't in my field.

Quote:
1. Are any of these arguments valid? Or are both? Or are neither?

A:

If x, then y
Not y
______

Therefore, not x
Valid, this questions a freakin' joke, freshman know this, in HIGH SCHOOL.

B:

If x, then y
not x
________

Therefore, not y
Invalid, once again you'd have to be retarded to even ask it.

Quick elementary math

What is twenty-five plus five, divided by a half. (No order of operation tricks)
I know it simplifies to 30*2 but I don't know what that computes to, times tables are a *****. What a brain ****.

If you drove 1 mile with an average speed of 20 mph. How fast do you have to drive the 2nd mile to get an average speed of 40 mph?This question reinforces the fact that you're an acne riddled high schooler. The answer is it's impossible since you would need to travel the two miles in 1/20 of an hour, but that's how long it takes to travel the first mile. OMGZ TRICK QUESTION. My spit > you.

4. What's wrong with this sentences?
Well for one, it should be these sentences, Roffle.

a) Many people questioned if realistic drama has any place in Victorian society.

b) The object of the game of chess is to put the other player's king in a vulnerable position, so that you can eventually capture them.

J$ answered these.

What's wrong with this argument? Like whats the "flaw" in this argument

1. People differ at the time they are created in many ways, including height, weight, and genetics.

2. If (1) is true, then all people are not created equal.

3. All people are not created equal.

4. If all people are not created equal, then all of us should not have the same rights

5. All of us don't have the same rights
The conclusion 5 should be worded the same as the consequent of 4, not sure if that was intended or just a consequent of your retardation. Other than that this is a valid argument from a predicate logic standpoint, that's if we don't consider the truth values of the premises. If you wanted to debate the truth values, well then the question becomes retarded. No doubt this one you made up.

You won the lucky winner $30 million state lottery.

You can take your prize in 2 ways

1) 30 payments of $1 million/year starting today
2) $15 million right now

Which one do you choose adjusting for time value of money? 8% is the interest rate as of now.
I'm not even a business/econ guy and I can still do this ****. I'm sure for anyone taking intro to whatever they would just look up some formula in there book. I figured out the formulas from scratch, and the answer is you'd go with 2, assuming the interest is compounded yearly at the end of each year.

John has $90 to spend a month on food and everything else.
His utility function is U=FE

Food costs $18 per unit
Everything else costs $1 per unit

What quantities of food and everything else should he buy to maximize his well being?
I've never taken econ so again this aint my bag baby. But I can still answer it. Are we to assume that the one unit of food gives the same utility as one unit of everything else. And what are the dimensions of F and E, is it in units? IF the answer is yes to both then the solution is
** 2 food 54 everything else, OR , 3 food 36 everything else, if fractions of units are not allowed
** 2.5 food, 45 everything else, if fractions are allowed.

Find the integral of

((e^x) * (sin x)) dx
(e^x)*(sinx - cosx)/2
This is the standard example taught in every course that teaches integration by parts. It's a staple question. You couldn't be more creative?

If the velocity of an object is zero, does that mean the acceleration is zero? If the acceleration of an object is zero, does that mean the velocity is zero?No and no. ****in retarded

What's the next letter in this sequence

J, J, A, S, O, N, D, J,
What the **** is this question doing here? Do you spend your time reading brain teasers in cracked magazine. You get acne when you eat chocolate. How is this a measure of intelligence? My grandma does these for fun. J$ already answered this one.

There's your test buddy. Now it's my turn. To be fair I'll stick to only subjects I know you know. Calc and physics. Your always going on about how easy calc is for you and how you know the answers to everything, yet you never back it up. Well here's your chance.

These are questions that we give to the freshman students. Since you could "ace calc without even studying" these should be a piece of cake. Just in case you can't do one of 'em, I'll provide solutions to whatever questions you don't solve. Ready, set, go

State whether the following series converge or diverge. More importantly you need to prove your result.
1) sum from 1 to infinity of (n^n)/(2n)! (<--- that's a factorial)

2) sum from 1 to infinity of ((2/e)^2n)(n^2n)/(2n)!

3) sum from 1 to infinity of ln[1 + 1/n]

4) sum from 2 to infinity of ln[(n^2)/((n^2) - 1)]

5) sum from 1 to infinity of [1 - cos(pi/n)]

6) sum from 1 to infinity of [ln(en/(n+1))]^n

State whether the following improper integrals converge or diverge. Once again give a proof.

7) integral from 0 to 1 of 1/(1 - x^4)^1/3

8) integral from 0 to infinity of (e^-sqrt(x))/sqrt(5x + 1)

9) Give an epsilon delta proof that the limit as x approaches a of x^3 equals a^3. Don't use any theorems about limits other than the definition.

Since you seem to like average speed questions, I threw one in just for kicks.

10) A martian space ship attacked earth then fled moving away from earth at a speed of 0.915c (where c is the speed of light). George Bush retaliates by firing a 'nucular' missile at the ship, traveling at a speed of 0.97c relative to earth. What is the speed of the missile relative to the martian spaceship?

Last edited by Parade : 02-26-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #159
pillage
Learning to shoot layups

Why are you all desperately trying to look so smart?
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #160
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage
Why are you all desperately trying to look so smart?

I was thinking the same thing. ISH really isn't the right forum for the mathletes to compete in.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #161
Parade
and t'all a good night

**** you. It's time glove is exposed for the fraud he is. He's always bragging about what a genius he is and an expert on everything. It's time he choked on some humble pie, even if it makes me an arrogant douche.

Last edited by Parade : 02-26-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #162
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parade
**** you. It's time glove is exposed for the fraud he is. He's always bragging about what a genius he is and an expert on everything. It's time he choked on some humble pie, even if it makes me an arrogant douche.

You've got a lot of competition in the arrogant douche dept. Do you honestly think this exercise will bring any humility to Glove?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #163
pillage
Learning to shoot layups

I don't understand all this calling out stuff. And why is SpudJJay banned?

I rarely see any decent discussions nowadays. Ish is going downhill.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #164
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
I've long ago stopped being annoyed at glove. Now I just am amused by his antics, anyone can see he's not who he thinks he is or he wouldn't act the way he does. Coming from a school where investment banking was pretty much what 75% of the population aimed to do (prior to the last two years) I'd like to think ibankers and prospective ibankers (me included) are better than him.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #165
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Oh noes, I'm scurred of your genius quiz. If you wanna throw down then lets go.

When it comes to nerdin' I'd murk you. Math, phyiscs, chemistry...

As far as econ/business and whatever else, I can't say, never really dipped my beak in it, but if I did, the result would be the same. The difference between me and you is I know my limitations and don't pretend to be something I'm not.

But I'll answer your 'test', even the ones that aren't in my field.

Slow down retard.

First of all, the questions looked good, except number 6, which you didn't show any work for. Anyone can just say "I pick B" when Asked A or B. How about you compute how much each is worth. Also number 5, besides the wording there is something else wrong. Something that is unreasonable. And it's not the truth value of the premise either. Yeah you wrote the same thing as J-Money, and I'm going to give you the same answer.

2nd of all you've failed another test. The Common sense test.

You are criticizing me because I'm asking questions that you think would be easily answered in a university level class. They are too easy and retarded right? That's what you said.

Well common sense tells me, that I'm not asking a math class in your local university these questions. Common sense tells me I'm asking ISH. Common sense also tells me since I'm asking ISH I should ask questions that can be answered by ISH.

So let's see you criticize me because my test is too easy, when I'm asking ISH these questions (which most of them will say are hard).
I'm not asking Phd students here you know. Are you really this retarded? No offense, but I just lost all respect for your common sense.

You fit perfectly into the "Book Smart" people that have no common sense. You have logic, but lack practical reasoning. Unless you can defend yourself for criticizing me for asking questions that are easy at a University level on ISH you have no common sense.

If I wanted it to I could make it harder, if I wanted to I could ask questions you would score maybe 0% on, but it wasn't intended for you, math class students, or anyone close, it was intended for a regular ISHer J-Money. Based on that, I made it that difficult. If it was too easy for you or University students, well good for them because it was never intended for that purpose retard.

If you want, I can give you some lessons on common sense and practical reasoning. You can use some before you end up looking stupid again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: