Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Round 1, Mavs-Hornets game 2, Tue 7pm ET

I just remembered why all these people are defending Avery.. LOL

They don't want him fired.. what better way to beat a team than to have them beat themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Do the Mavs have an identity? They don't play defense and on offense they have a bunch of jump shooters. At least with the old Mavs you knew they could score. With this bunch, they're trying to build a conventional team around a player with an unconventional style.

i think thats many of the Mavs fans issue with Avery.

When he got the team it was full of swiss army knife type players who all could play multiple spots and do several things. He has transformed it into on with guys that can only do one thing and forces Dirk to play more conventional. He wants a slow offense and thats just not gonna work with the type of players he has. His defense has become a joke even though he keeps going after "defensive players" (imo b/c they are so worthless on offense they cause fast breaks for the other team w/awful shooting and shot selection)

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

So let's look forward, what does the Mavs have to do to win this game?

- stop those crappy fouls
    - stop those crappy turnovers
    - start playing defense
    - keep George on bench
    - play basketball and DON'T listen to Avery!

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    If you don't see how bad Avery is coaching you either aren't watching the Mavs games or you are clueless about Basketball..
    I've probably been watching basketball longer than you've been alive. I know the game quite well, thank you very much.

The Mavs are a team on the decline, and though Avery is certainly part of it, he certainly isn't solely responsible. They will never recover from blowing the 2006 Finals.

Like I said, Avery will be fired after they get bounced in this series. If the core of the team remains the same, they'll get no farther next year -- if even this far. Maybe then Dirk will finally take some of the blame, as he deserves to.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

When Avery get fired, who'll take the blame then?
    Like I said before,Fabs likes the old Nellie Mavs that scored alot but never had a real chance of winning anything It wasn't until Avery cam along that the Mavs,Dirk included,finally manned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Like I said before,Fabs likes the old Nellie Mavs that scored alot but never had a real chance of winning anything It wasn't until Avery cam along that the Mavs,Dirk included,finally manned up.
    That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    Like you know what youa re talking about.. you wanted Avery as coach over Nellie..

That's got to be the poorest decision in NBA history..

That's worse than Tractor Traylor for Dirk..

Or Cuban letting Nash go to a team in his ownconference and winning 2 MVPs..

actually, I wanted Nellie and Avery to stay together longer but that was not an option. Face it. Nellie had checked out on this team. He wasnt even coaching practice by the end of it. Avery seemed like he would grow and be great at the time but he has stagnated. I still think he can end up being great. I just dont know if that can happen in Dallas b/c Avery has a whole lotta ego that needs to be swallowed.

BTW, your hyperbole and made from thin air stats are what get people to bash you.

Made that high school varsity squad

NO will win this game and the series.

Maybe then Dirk will finally take some of the blame, as he deserves to.
    WTF? Dirk got shat on nearly all year over the GS series.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Paul double-double at half. West having a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by CAAIDN
    NO will win this game and the series.
    I'm not sure yet!

Banned

I've probably been watching basketball longer than you've been alive. I know the game quite well, thank you very much.

The Mavs are a team on the decline, and though Avery is certainly part of it, he certainly isn't solely responsible. They will never recover from blowing the 2006 Finals.

Like I said, Avery will be fired after they get bounced in this series. If the core of the team remains the same, they'll get no farther next year -- if even this far. Maybe then Dirk will finally take some of the blame, as he deserves to.
    "Finally Dirk will take some blame"? Now we know you are full of it.. Dirk has been taking all the blame.. his coach has seen to it.. and his coach is responsible for it.

Avery is the one who kept the core together.. he was the one who recommended signing Dampier to that huge contract. If this team is to blame he built the team..

i did notice Dirk did not get up off his locker room seat to put his hand in the "go team" thing Avery just did. He just reached that long arm out and kinda half heartedly did it.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Atleast CP knows hes overrated at half time. I'd be pissed if he thinks that hes actually a great pg. He said well I just have really great teammates this wouldnt be posssible without them. Which is the truth but since he is so overrated on a global scale it will come off as modesty.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    That's not true.
    Yes it is.What did the Mavs accomplish before Avery came along?Before Avery got there,Dirk was a considered a "soft" player who could score but didn't rebound,play defense or show any passing ability.Under Avery,his D and passing improved a ton.Dirk didn't really erase his soft label until Dirk's breakout series against the Spurs that got them to the finals.What did he do alot in that series that he didn't do pre-Avery?I'll tell you,he finally manned up and started taking it hard to the whole instead of being a 7ft guard