Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #46
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: The Jamaal Tinsley Saga

Here's a Tinsley trade idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...&te=&cash=1:11

What do you guys think?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #47
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Here's a Tinsley trade idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...&te=&cash=1:11

What do you guys think?

not bad. williams could play as a mobile pf and we could use claxton as trade bait this season or next. i actually like this one.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:28 AM   #48
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Allegedly, a buyout is being discussed.
http://www.indystar.com/article/2008...RTS04/81114052

Larry says the position remains the same, no buyout. I'm torn between staying the current course and waiting for an injury on another team or someone willing to make a gamble or whatever reason and just buying out and ending this sordid saga. I really don't care about what type money he'd get in a buyout, it isn't my money, he gets the full amount or gets 30%, I don't care. What makes me want to wait until a team gets desperate is that even with a buyout, his contract's still on the books through 2011. But I'm sure every possible scenario's been pursued and whatever we'd get back would be a lesser talent with a deal as long or worse. Maybe it is just time to cut the damn cord so the joke that is the Indy Star can write something else about the Pacers.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #49
catzhernandez
Underrated

Don't buy him out. Do not buy him out.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #50
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i'm not wanting to waste the $ but maybe it's time to move on. i don't see a team offering a trade any time soon unless a pg snaps his leg or something drastic. his agent is probably talking to a team on the side and pushing for the buyout.

if stern is wanting to make a change to the league he needs to start w/ the $ side of it, particularly the contracts. there shouldn't be any contract signed for any longer than 3 yrs or so. these long contracts given to players are killing our teams. this will keep both the players AND the teams on their toes keeping each other happy.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #51
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
if stern is wanting to make a change to the league he needs to start w/ the $ side of it, particularly the contracts. there shouldn't be any contract signed for any longer than 3 yrs or so. these long contracts given to players are killing our teams. this will keep both the players AND the teams on their toes keeping each other happy.

You only say that now when it seems convenient. How many players would have high tailed it from their team during the bad stretches, or got inflated contracts because of a contract year?

What I do think they should do is add provisions to void a contract for continuous off the court problems, and/or a new salary exemption for injury prone players where their salary no longer counts against the cap.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #52
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i'm not wanting to waste the $ but maybe it's time to move on. i don't see a team offering a trade any time soon unless a pg snaps his leg or something drastic. his agent is probably talking to a team on the side and pushing for the buyout.

Hell no, I'd rather wait the 3 years and let his ass expire. We're paying him anyways.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #53
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
You only say that now when it seems convenient. How many players would have high tailed it from their team during the bad stretches, or got inflated contracts because of a contract year?

What I do think they should do is add provisions to void a contract for continuous off the court problems, and/or a new salary exemption for injury prone players where their salary no longer counts against the cap.

yes, that would definitlely help also.

i have been wanting this for a while, not because my team happens to have a banned player w/ a big contract. the convenience remark isn't true.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #54
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Grievance to be heard July 27th
http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...398/1004/RSS02
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #55
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

The end of an error is upon us
Old 07-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #56
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

The end of the Jamaal Tinsley era. I was wondering if this would go to arbitration or not due to the grievance Tinsley and his agent filed but obviously not now. I wish Tinsley the best.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: