Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 'If LeBron decides to get another ring, I get one, too, now.' - Oden

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    THIS is why I think Lebron teaming with Wade and Bosh is / was dangerous. Not the trio in it of itself, but it's implications on the league, methods of winning, and future prospects.

And not necessarily because of old-man Oden joing Miami, also players like Ray Allen and Shane Battier, former stars or glue guys, will flock to the Heat to help them stay stacked.

I'm just grateful that players like Monta Ellis or Paul Milsap did not take a huge paycut to sign with Miami this summer. Money still matters, which in a sense is good.

But it won't surprise me in the next 2-3 years if players continue to, basically, take the easy route to a championship.

*this is not to say they aren't earning the championship, playing great defense among other things (which takes cohesion), but it's different when there was some probable collusion at the very beginning.
    Grateful for something that would never have happened anyway????

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: 'If LeBron decides to get another ring, I get one, too, now.' - Oden

THIS is why I think Lebron teaming with Wade and Bosh is / was dangerous. Not the trio in it of itself, but it's implications on the league, methods of winning, and future prospects.

And not necessarily because of old-man Oden joing Miami, also players like Ray Allen and Shane Battier, former stars or glue guys, will flock to the Heat to help them stay stacked.

I'm just grateful that players like Monta Ellis or Paul Milsap did not take a huge paycut to sign with Miami this summer. Money still matters, which in a sense is good.

But it won't surprise me in the next 2-3 years if players continue to, basically, take the easy route to a championship.

*this is not to say they aren't earning the championship, playing great defense among other things (which takes cohesion), but it's different when there was some probable collusion at the very beginning.
    As long as it doesn't get to the point in which a team is so stacked it's unfair for the rest of the league...it just doesn't matter how a team is formed.

And the Heat are hardly that. They lost in the 11 finals. And should have lost the 13 finals if not for literally a NBA first in the playoffs in coming back from down 5 with less than 30 seconds left.

The funny thing about this is that if Lebron had teamed up with Marc Gasol and Stephen Curry or some other combination like that on a team...nobody would say anything...but Lebron/Curry/Gasol would be so much better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

So it's really just a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And the Heat are hardly that. They lost in the 11 finals. And should have lost the 13 finals if not for literally a NBA first in the playoffs in coming back from down 5 with less than 30 seconds left.
    And they would have lost if the greatest/most clutch 3 pt shooter ever didn't take a paycut to join their team, so his point still stands.

Very good NBA starter

As long as it doesn't get to the point in which a team is so stacked it's unfair for the rest of the league...it just doesn't matter how a team is formed.

The funny thing about this is that if Lebron had teamed up with Marc Gasol and Stephen Curry or some other combination like that on a team...nobody would say anything...but Lebron/Curry/Gasol would be so much better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

So it's really just a non issue.
    I don't agree whatsoever. The Heat are pretty much an AS or two away from being too stacked, as far as I see it. The Heat don't even have to be amazing right now to make it to the Finals. As they currently are, it's fine, but sets a shitty precedent and creates mentalities like Oden's in this thread.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh >>>>>> Lebron/Curry/M. Gasol

It's not close, imo.

It's not as simple as adding some good players with Lebron, we saw that in Lebron's last few years in Cleveland.

Get back to me when Curry becomes a Finals-MVP caliber player and great defender or Marc averages more than a pedestrian 14 ppg and can carry a team offensively in his own right.

Don't agree with much of your take. No such thing as "should have lost", it doesn't work like that. Shit happens in the NBA, been like that since the beginning, will always be like that. By that same token, you can say Heat "should have won" in 2011. If you fail to grasp that parallel argument, that's fine.

Them making it to the Finals in their first season with a team that was patched together with old, about-to-be retired players says everything. Lebron-Wade-Bosh foundation is by far the strongest in the leagu right now. Since then, they've won back-to-back Finals, and had that insane win streak last season.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    And they would have lost if the greatest/most clutch 3 pt shooter ever didn't take a paycut to join their team, so his point still stands.
    Exactly. One of the best three point shooters in the league joined a Celtics "rival" and it worked out perfectly.

There's nothing wrong with a winning team attracting talent, say the Spurs, it's the way Heat formed that bothered me and so many others.

I don't agree whatsoever. The Heat are pretty much an AS or two away from being too stacked, as far as I see it. The Heat don't even have to be amazing right now to make it to the Finals. As they currently are, it's fine, but sets a shitty precedent and creates mentalities like Oden's in this thread.

It's not close, imo.

It's not as simple as adding some good players with Lebron, we saw that in Lebron's last few years in Cleveland.

Get back to me when Curry becomes a Finals-MVP caliber player and great defender or Marc averages more than a pedestrian 14 ppg and can carry a team offensively in his own right.

Don't agree with much of your take. No such thing as "should have lost", it doesn't work like that. Shit happens in the NBA, been like that since the beginning, will always be like that. By that same token, you can say Heat "should have won" in 2011. If you fail to grasp that parallel argument, that's fine.

Them making it to the Finals in their first season with a team that was patched together with old, about-to-be retired players says everything. Lebron-Wade-Bosh foundation is by far the strongest in the leagu right now. Since then, they've won back-to-back Finals, and had that insane win streak last season.
    Good points. People just don't wanna admit that their favorite players need help (in LeBron's case, a lot of help) winning a title.

Their little 'decision' has cheapened the game, imo.

It's not close, imo.

My point was to show that it's not like the Heat are easily winning. They lost the first year in 11 in six...and then came as close to losing as possible this year. They have hardly been dominant at all...if not for a ton of "luck"...they would have only 1 title in 3 years together.

Well...could not disagree more. How is what Wade and Bosh just did in the playoffs better than what Curry and Gasol would do? Curry would be the perfect fit next to Lebron. Best shooter in the game and a great pick and roll player as well. Marc Gasol gives them great passing and defense and an ability to score in the post and make outside shots. They literally address all the needs.

The only thing that isn't better is the defense that Curry would provide. Wade's defense is very important...however, having a guy like Gasol to actually rebound and defend the paint would be huge.

You are just going off of names. Wade and Bosh did nothing of note in the playoffs this year...in fact, they were very poor 2nd and 3rd options historically.

The year they were actually great? 2011...and they lost.

So your argument makes no sense.

National High School Star

He's probably thinking about how a NBA finals player ring can get him like 20k. Someone sold a non-player ring for the Heat on Pawnstars for like 10k

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Good points. People just don't wanna admit that their favorite players need help (in LeBron's case, a lot of help) winning a title.

Their little 'decision' has cheapened the game, imo.
    Lebron's help in the 13 playoffs was very poor historically. LOL...wake the **** up people.

Lebron's help in the 13 playoffs was very poor historically. LOL...wake the **** up people.
    Right. He was a one man army.

Dude got tons of help in the Finals. Matter of fact, prior to game 6, he was very ordinary.

Very good NBA starter

My point was to show that it's not like the Heat are easily winning.
    Yet, they still made it to the Finals 3 years in a row and won the last 2. Just imagine what it's like when their cap space opens up and players, like Oden and Allen, continue to gravitate to them.

If anybody is just going off names, it's you. Curry is no Wade. Gasol is no Bosh. The Heat offense and defense has been superb enough to win Finals. It doesn't matter if they're missing a great center... they didn't need it in today's league. That should be so obvious by now.

No offense, but much of your opinions revolve around "Dirk beat the Heat! Give Dirk attention!", so I take it with a huge grain of salt as should everybody reading your posts. It's as see through as water.

The year they were actually great? 2011...and they lost.
    Riiiiight .... lol

Yet, they still made it to the Finals 3 years in a row and won the last 2. Just imagine what it's like when their cap space opens up and players, like Oden and Allen, continue to gravitate to them.

If anybody is just going off names, it's you. Curry is no Wade. Gasol is no Bosh. The Heat offense and defense has been superb enough to win Finals. It doesn't matter if they're missing a great center... they didn't need it in today's league. That should be so obvious by now.

No offense, but much of your opinions revolve around "Dirk beat the Heat! Give Dirk attention!", so I take it with a huge grain of salt as should everybody reading your posts. It's as see through as water.
    Dude. Wake up. The Curry/Gasol were just simply better players than Wade/Bosh in the playoffs this year. It's not even remotely debatable. Not only that, but they actually fit better next to Lebron.

No offense dude, but put any solid team around Lebron over the last 5 years and you are going to get great results. That is what is lost in all of this.

And again...the year Wade and Bosh were actually stars...they lost. Sorry.

Again. Your argument makes no sense.

Riiiiight .... lol

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Are you trying to assert that Wade and Bosh were not better in 2011 than they were the last 2 years in the playoffs.

Please answer...this gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Right. He was a one man army.

Dude got tons of help in the Finals. Matter of fact, prior to game 6, he was very ordinary.
    Did I say he got no help? Nope.

I said his help was historically nothing special...in fact, his 2nd option was historically poor.

His competition was pretty weak this year, but so was the competition in 09 for example.

Kobe's supporting cast in 09 was better than Lebron's in 13 overall...and I think the competition was pretty similar...

"I'm old as fck man! I don't mean that I am actually old, but my body is ancient. I can't even jump anymore. I'll try <laughs uncontrollably>, if my body can't do it, I'll just chilax."