Good college starter

Default The Boy with Divine Powers

This is amazing documentary, you guys should really watch it. Its crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3YoE8HEz2A

Im not going to spoil it but its about a boy in Nepal who they believe is the reincarnation of Buddha who claims that he will fast and meditate in the same spot for 6 years, no eating or drinking. During this documentary there are tests shown on people who claim to go years without eating, drinking or sleeping and surviving on ancient Buddhist techniques. Its a real science vs spirituality battle and seems to be in deadlock as scientists cant explain what they are seeing.

The story gets really crazy at the end so I suggest you guys watch it fully when you have time. This is the kid:

The place he is sitting is surrounded by jungle, and as you find out in the documentary has been attacked by snakes, tigers and even been set on fire yet he survives and meditates, his focus unbroken.

Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

Default Re: The Boy with Divine Powers

Well I have watched the whole thing and Im pretty sure he is dead. Probably got murdered by his enemies. I also think he and the elderly indian guru have powers beyond what science can comprehend, there is too much evidence to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    Well I have watched the whole thing and Im pretty sure he is dead. Probably got murdered by his enemies. I also think he and the elderly indian guru have powers beyond what science can comprehend, there is too much evidence to deny it.
    If he dressed up as a girl would u do him?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    Yeah he definitely has some sort of spiritual power. Even if he isnt a god or some kind of special being, he at the very least seems to have more mental strength than anyone I have ever seen or heard of before. Kid is a boss

Love Live Life

From the youtube comments people are saying this is him grown up now:

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    From the youtube comments people are saying this is him grown up now:

Yeah I think thats him. He was found deep in the jungle after his disappearance, and he disappeared a few more times and was found meditating in some weird places, like underground. He apparently took a sword with him to fight off animals trying to kill him. This dude is a real inspiration

Also I believe him that he could go weeks and months meditating in that same spot without eating or drinking.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Yeah I think thats him. He was found deep in the jungle after his disappearance, and he disappeared a few more times and was found meditating in some weird places, like underground. He apparently took a sword with him to fight off animals trying to kill him. This dude is a real inspiration

Also I believe him that he could go weeks and months meditating in that same spot without eating or drinking.
    I really don't see how he went w/o food and water for so long. I can't even go a few hours w/o eating or drinking.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I am a theist, and a pretty spiritual individual, but I do not think that our higher power granted anyone here on Earth "powers". I believe that the universe is chaotic and it was designed to be chaotic, and I believe that for the most part the laws of science that hold this place together were not designed to be altered.

All that said I am interested in this story, but I doubt me watching this would make me believe that what he is doing is a "divine power".

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I really don't see how he went w/o food and water for so long. I can't even go a few hours w/o eating or drinking.
    Did you watch the documentary? This guy needs to coach Lebron about mental strength.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Did you watch the documentary? This guy needs to coach Lebron about mental strength.
    LeBron will cramp up from meditating in that position

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I am a theist, and a pretty spiritual individual, but I do not think that our higher power granted anyone here on Earth "powers". I believe that the universe is chaotic and it was designed to be chaotic, and I believe that for the most part the laws of science that hold this place together were not designed to be altered.

All that said I am interested in this story, but I doubt me watching this would make me believe that what he is doing is a "divine power".
    Well even if its not divine power, there must be something scientists dont understand that allows guys to do things like this. In the documentary all the doctors and scientists from the west were saying its impossible to go for that length of time without food, but there was a Indian doctor/scientist who obviously because of his culture has seen things like this much more frequently and he said that they have performed tests on people and kept them in testing labs without giving them food or water and these guys can survive for 10 days plus without even suffering side effects.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    LeBron will cramp up from meditating in that position