Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why are all these stories so simliar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Why?

Again, there's no Historical proof of a Jesus of Nazareth/Jesus Christ ever existing (especially not the Pagan God of the New Testament). So when exactly was his 'era'? How many of the people who martyred themselves/died in his name knew him personally or mentioned him in writing?

Since you brought up the 'era' issue- don't you find it just a tad bit strange that no one who was alive during his supposed magical acts and wanderings thought to write down what they saw? The earliest copies of the New Testament ever found date to around 200 CE, which would be about 170 years after he supposedly died.

Like I pointed out before- Historians have the personal writings of a messianic claimant from the same general time who is largely forgotten by History. But there isn't a single trace of a guy whose virgin birth was signaled by a rare star that caused the pilgrimage of 3 Kings from the East and instigated the wholesale slaughter of innocent children by another monarch... and whose later life was spent performing one miracle after another in front of large crowds... who came to the attention of both Jewish and Roman high ranking officials...

Yet not a peep in the record books (until long after he died, many of them being forgeries). You have to admit that is a bit odd, no?
    Now now, I'm just saying how those two are very different and how you mistook the paragraph's intent of showing that the person exist as how the teachings must be true.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dunaprenti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Now now, I'm just saying how those two are very different and how you mistook the paragraph's intent of showing that the person exist as how the teachings must be true.
    Whatever you're trying to say is wrong, because it's based on fallacies. Nothing in the quoted paragraph proves anything.
    Dondada was just pointing out the ridiculousness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Except I didn't

Just pointed out what a massive logical fallacy that assertion was. Belief, even to the point of martyrdom, isn't proof of anything. Again, show me proof that any single person who was martyred actually personally knew a Jesus Christ.