Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Nemanja Nedovic - "the European Derrick Rose"

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Caroll is best shooter in Europe and Sloukas isnt close to it . Best shooter is player that can shoot the best in the game and not who could shoot best if given space ! So what if he is better than Calderon , that still isnt good enough to be top 3 pg . I said that he will be great pg but I dont think he has potential to be better than Teodosic , Bo and Huertas and thats why he cant become top 3 pg
    Wait a minute, are you saying that Spanoulis isn't one of the 3 best point guards in Euroleague?

Nedovic said that he will enter 2012 NBA Draft.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Wait a minute, are you saying that Spanoulis isn't one of the 3 best point guards in Euroleague?
    Yes I m because I think he isnt a pg , in my oppinion he is a sg ( best sg in Europe this season ) .

Yes I m because I think he isnt a pg , in my oppinion he is a sg ( best sg in Europe this season ) .
    Then why does he play PG for the last like 6 years? He even played PG last year when Teodosic was on his team, and Teodosic got moved to SG.

And he plays the vast majority of minutes at PG this year. There was a 2-3 game stretch where Ivkovic moved him to SG, trying to figure out where Acie Law could fit the team. It didn't work with Law running the team.

So Ivkovic changed the positions back, and since Mantzaris has developed into a good spot shooter and Sloukas is doing better on defense, he was able to switch the positions, to fit Law into the team.

So, Spanoulis/Sloukas is the rotation at PG and Mantzaris/Law/Gecevicius is the rotation at SG.

So Spanoulis played PG the whole year so far, except for those games at the beginning when Law joined the team, and they were experimenting with him at PG instead of Spanoulis. Ivkovic found out that Law is better at SG, so they stopped that.

So yeah, Spanoulis is still playing PG, as of now.

So, where would you rank Spanoulis then?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Nedovic said that he will enter 2012 NBA Draft.
    Probably a smart choice. If he waits for another year and still does not play much he might not get drafted. This way he can wow some NBA team with his jumping ability and probably get picked.

Then why does he play PG for the last like 6 years? He even played PG last year when Teodosic was on his team, and Teodosic got moved to SG.

And he plays the vast majority of minutes at PG this year. There was a 2-3 game stretch where Ivkovic moved him to SG, trying to figure out where Acie Law could fit the team. It didn't work with Law running the team.

So Ivkovic changed the positions back, and since Mantzaris has developed into a good spot shooter and Sloukas is doing better on defense, he was able to switch the positions, to fit Law into the team.

So, Spanoulis/Sloukas is the rotation at PG and Mantzaris/Law/Gecevicius is the rotation at SG.

So Spanoulis played PG the whole year so far, except for those games at the beginning when Law joined the team, and they were experimenting with him at PG instead of Spanoulis. Ivkovic found out that Law is better at SG, so they stopped that.

So yeah, Spanoulis is still playing PG, as of now.

So, where would you rank Spanoulis then?
    He is still a sg to me ( and acording to Euroleague site he is a sg ) . When I said top 3 pgs I was talking aboute pgs that will be best when Sloukas reaches his prime . If I look at Spanoulis as a sg than I have to look Diamantidis as a pg too and I would take Teodosic and McCalleb over two of them . I cant decided Spanouls and Diamantidis but in 4 or 5 years Huertas is going to take their place .

Theirs a rumor than Nedovic is going to sign with Lietvus Ritas . Thats a bad thing for team that will draft him

He is still a sg to me ( and acording to Euroleague site he is a sg ) . When I said top 3 pgs I was talking aboute pgs that will be best when Sloukas reaches his prime . If I look at Spanoulis as a sg than I have to look Diamantidis as a pg too and I would take Teodosic and McCalleb over two of them . I cant decided Spanouls and Diamantidis but in 4 or 5 years Huertas is going to take their place .
    Can you explain why you think Spanoulis is a SG when he plays at PG since 2006?

As for Diamantidis, he is a point forward, small forward that runs the offense. You don't have to consider him a PG.

Some point forwards get called "point guards", like Magic Johnson, and some get called small forwards, like Larry Bird and Scottie Pippen. Either way, Diamantidis is a point forward, not a point guard.

But Spanoulis is definitely a PG, considering he has been playing that position for the last 6 years.

And Euroleague's website has all kinds of errors on player's positions. Check it yourself. They call Lorbek a center, Batiste a forward.........they list Mirotic as a small foreard at the fantasy site, etc. (many other such errors).

The Euroleague site and the fantasy site, and the All-Euroleague voting system list a whole bunch of players at the wrong positions. So that does not mean anything. Euroleague's website is still a bit amateurish for the level of a top sports league, even though they are trying to make it better.

Saw a basketball once DesertCat's Avatar

I dont think he wants to be the european derrick rose anymore

Can you explain why you think Spanoulis is a SG when he plays at PG since 2006?

As for Diamantidis, he is a point forward, small forward that runs the offense. You don't have to consider him a PG.

Some point forwards get called "point guards", like Magic Johnson, and some get called small forwards, like Larry Bird and Scottie Pippen. Either way, Diamantidis is a point forward, not a point guard.

But Spanoulis is definitely a PG, considering he has been playing that position for the last 6 years.

And Euroleague's website has all kinds of errors on player's positions. Check it yourself. They call Lorbek a center, Batiste a forward.........they list Mirotic as a small foreard at the fantasy site, etc. (many other such errors).

The Euroleague site and the fantasy site, and the All-Euroleague voting system list a whole bunch of players at the wrong positions. So that does not mean anything. Euroleague's website is still a bit amateurish for the level of a top sports league, even though they are trying to make it better.
    When I watch him play he reminds me more to a sg than a pg . Ok , if I consider Spanoulis as a pg and Diamantidis as a sf than Spanoulis is 3rd best pg .