Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Get so annoyed when people thank military people for their service

Guess what? They signed up for it...most likely because they didn't have many better options. I don't go around thanking police officers in Chicago, which is probably more dangerous, and I don't thank my garbage man. They do these things out of self-interest and it just happens to benefit society.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Get so annoyed when people thank military people for their service

I've got multiple friends that are current and ex military and they get annoyed with it too.

But you really should thank Chicago, and wherever else, police officers. And don't come back with that "five-o are scumbags shit." There's plenty of shitty cops absolutely. But the vast majority keep shitheads off the street. It's clear you're a very young troll though, so whatever.

out of all the things to get annoyed about.....

Banned

You don't thank your garbage man? Geez, what the **** is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    out of all the things to get annoyed about.....
    #1stworldspoiledchildproblems

I thank our military veterans all the time and I also thank police officers I chat with sometimes for their service.

Do military vets sign up for it because they have no better option? Absolutely, but it doesn't change the fact that they are called onto duty to help protect this country you live in.

The only reason you have the privileges you have today in this country is because we have the most advanced military in the world that goes through some of the best training you can get on earth. Without that we'd get ran over by anyone who wanted it. You can have all these freedoms and laws made, but who the f*ck is going to protect them? You certainly aren't.

You want to know the sad part? That military vet that gets deployed and risks his life to defend your country probably BARELY gets paid more than your garbage man OR he gets paid less depending upon where the garage man works. Garbage men in New York get paid up to $80,000 a year.

You get annoyed by it? Go f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck yourself...honestly.

I will still thank those who courageously fight battles us regular people are too scared to fight. But I agree, there are people that we should be just as generous to thank.

To put into perspective, if the army or the garbagemen both went on strike, who would we need more to make our quality of life better?

My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I will still thank those who courageously fight battles us regular people are too scared to fight. But I agree, there are people that we should be just as generous to thank.

To put into perspective, if the army or the garbagemen both went on strike, who would we need more to make our quality of life better?

My thoughts exactly
    Short term? Garbage men. Long-term? Military. Please take into account whenever natural disasters occur National Guards are called into service to help those struck by disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

My thoughts exactly
    Always Sunny In Philadelphia has made it clear that should sanitation employees go on strike there's gold mine there for the taking for any go getter in the populace.

Thanking soldiers for risking their lives to protect us annoys you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I thank our military veterans all the time and I also thank police officers I chat with sometimes for their service.

Do military vets sign up for it because they have no better option? Absolutely, but it doesn't change the fact that they are called onto duty to help protect this country you live in.

The only reason you have the privileges you have today in this country is because we have the most advanced military in the world that goes through some of the best training you can get on earth. Without that we'd get ran over by anyone who wanted it. You can have all these freedoms and laws made, but who the f*ck is going to protect them? You certainly aren't.

You want to know the sad part? That military vet that gets deployed and risks his life to defend your country probably BARELY gets paid more than your garbage man OR he gets paid less depending upon where the garage man works. Garbage men in New York get paid up to $80,000 a year.

You get annoyed by it? Go f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck yourself...honestly.
    IThey sure are protecting my freedoms by killing women and children thousands of miles away from me. You guys do realize how many civilians have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq right? It is so disgusting that anyone could support that. Shameful for anyone to enlist knowing they will have a hand in it. No one is EVER going to invade America. We don't need you clowns "protecting our freedoms".

But I do think a profession like a fireman, or a surgeon is more honourable than military, yet they don't seem to get the same recognition. When was the last day we had to commemorate all the doctors out there saving lives??? Or the scientists out there giving their all to cure cancer?

Also Military people get paid and fed and housing. Along with discounts in many different businesses. And a lot of them do it to get money for school.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Short term? Garbage men. Long-term? Military. Please take into account whenever natural disasters occur National Guards are called into service to help those struck by disaster.
    I do. We are forever in their debt. I have friends in the military that have shared stories I couldn't imagine putting myself through. But, they get their praise which is rightfully deserved. But there are those who do the jobs nobody does and get ridiculed for, but in return they provide a service that goes unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Always Sunny In Philadelphia has made it clear that should sanitation employees go on strike there's gold mine there for the taking for any go getter in the populace.

Deep my friend

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Thanking soldiers for risking their lives to protect us annoys you?

u act like military is the only dangerous job out there. no they didn't do it for me, they did it for them. a high school dropout can be way more successful if they join the military than otherwise. why do they need to put their lives on the line at all? who is threatening us? (US)

Also but what happens if the wars they are fighting actually put the nation at a way greater risk than if they just said no said no thanks jeff and just stayed home?

I'm not saying we should spit on the guys or give them sh**, you can't have a military where guys just say yes and no when they please.

But it gets a bit insufferable hearing about our "heros" who have done the legwork involved in sending our economy deeper into depths of hell/ruining reputation abroad/endangering us even more by united otherwise neutral nations against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    they didn't do it for me, they did it for them.