Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Default Re: How the f**k did Dirk put 40 on A.Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Davis is better defensively but the gap on offense is bigger. The Pelicans are the 2nd worst defense in the league. Anthony Davis cant create offensively. Hes a below avg passer, he gets most of his points in transition, putbacks, alleys and assist on midrange. Hes not much better offensively than Serge Ibaka.
    we have the 2nd worst defense because our defensive system is awful we constantly leave guys open. and Davis is creating some of his offense he can drive to the hoop and I've seen him do a few nice moves in the post this year. also LOL @ below average passer AD is good at passing.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Maybe cause Dirk is way better than Davis lol. You act like this is shocking, Dirks one of the greats all time.
    Yeah I like how OP is acting all surprised. How the hell can Dirk, of all people, put up huge numbers? I mean how on earth can a future HOFer score against a 20 year old? Just crazy...damn...that's unreal...and how stupid is the OP?

Anyway, Davis actually played some good defense against Dirk yesterday.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Do posters realize that Davis does not guard Dirk for every minute that Davis plays?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Do posters realize that Davis does not guard Dirk for every minute that Davis plays?
    OP didn't even watch the game, how should he know?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Davis is better defensively but the gap on offense is bigger. The Pelicans are the 2nd worst defense in the league. Anthony Davis cant create offensively. Hes a below avg passer, he gets most of his points in transition, putbacks, alleys and assist on midrange. Hes not much better offensively than Serge Ibaka.
    Davis is like a box car of raw iron ore dumped on the floor of the plant. It's not even molten pig iron yet.... it's just a pile of raw material.

It's a long long way from there to actually making steel.... and who knows if that steel will even be high grade? Nobody knows until it gets finished.

His NBA coach has an enormous amount of work cut out for him... and that is monty williams... who's not much past the pig iron point himself as a head coach. I like davis but we'll see.

Learning to shoot layups

Dirk = bad boy (not Puffy and Mase stye either, Biggie!)

People act like AD is Drummond-level raw. The dude is putting up 20-10 with elite defense. I've seen the Pelicans play a few times, and he's the only reason they aren't dead last in defense trailing by a long way. He's an intimidating presence and reads the game so well. Make no mistake, he's not like what Ibaka used to be - i.e. just swatting shots and falling for every other pump fake.

Top 3 PF in my book already. Only Love and LMA are better than him, and I find LMA pretty arguable. He refines his game a little more and he's the best big man without question. Unless something drastic halts his development, we're looking at an all time PF great at the least.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    People act like AD is Drummond-level raw. The dude is putting up 20-10 with elite defense. I've seen the Pelicans play a few times, and he's the only reason they aren't dead last in defense trailing by a long way. He's an intimidating presence and reads the game so well. Make no mistake, he's not like what Ibaka used to be - i.e. just swatting shots and falling for every other pump fake.

Top 3 PF in my book already. Only Love and LMA are better than him, and I find LMA pretty arguable. He refines his game a little more and he's the best big man without question. Unless something drastic halts his development, we're looking at an all time PF great at the least.
    agree.
    He's a kid though and lots of kids turn out very differently as they get older - that's my worry... does he explode mentally like so many do?

We may be seeing a pure, lost art, Samurai blade being forged.... or just some good quality, serviceable, Al Jefferson type cavalry sword. We'll see.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Maybe cause Dirk is way better than Davis lol. You act like this is shocking, Dirks one of the greats all time.
    /thread.

Because he is a legend? Seriously. With his style of play he can compete till 40 and still easily have 15-20 ppg

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    jan 14
    perfect example of the worst poster on ish trying too hard

Dirk teaching the young blood

He has gotten so good at swiping the ball at players driving to the hoop, anybody else noticed that?

On pace to surpass Hakeem for 9th on the all time scoring list this season already

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    perfect example of the worst poster on ish trying too hard

You know Dirk is just one of those players that is influenced very little by defensive pressure?

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

meanwhile Durant has his 20th straight 15+ ft game