Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
NoGunzJustSkillz

Default New NBA Draft Rules

I am very disturbed by Danny Ainge attending the Durant game the other day, sitting next to Durants mom, licking his chops. I understand, he's scouting, it's his job, blah blah blah. I suspect the Celtics are tanking like many others suspect. Look at the success the Sixers are having, why can't the Celtics win some games? It's just getting ridiculous IMO and obviously the way the NBA does the draft, it's the fairest way they can think of.

But wouldn't it be fairer if the NBA takes into consideration the records before the All-Star game and the records after the All-Star game? Like you get so many balls before the AS and so many balls after the AS game of course depending on your records before and after. Reason being is because you never really see a team start tanking when the season starts. They start tanking when they realize they aren't going anywhere, maybe like a few weeks before the All-Star game.

I'll admit, I have an agenda here. It kills me to see a team like the Sixers giving it there all, trying to secure a Play-Off spot after a very miserable first half of the season. It also kills me to see the Celtics giving it there all to secure the 1rst pick in this years draft. I just think the team playing the hardest with no real potential to get past the 1rst round in the near future deserves the #1 pick, not the team playing all season to get the #1 pick.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 03-12-2007 at 06:33 PM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Default Re: New NBA Draft Rules

I was reading the beginning, but after awhile my head started hurting. Please use paragraphs, sorry if this comes off as rude.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

It is what it is and its never going to be perfect, because a team like the Celtics could always just make the argument....."We are looking towards the future and want to develop our younger players and give them more time so we can improve the team".

Regardless of who the coaches put in the game, the players themselves, aren't playing to lose..........so it is what it is.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

NoParagraphsJustLetterz
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
profiled
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
I am very disturbed by Danny Ainge attending the Durant game the other day, sitting next to Durants mom, licking his chops. I understand, he's scouting, it's his job, blah blah blah. I suspect the Celtics are tanking like many others suspect. Look at the success the Sixers are having, why can't the Celtics win some games?

You mean like they won 4 games in a row not too long ago?
profiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
I was reading the beginning, but after awhile my head started hurting. Please use paragraphs, sorry if this comes off as rude.

After awhile? It took me 1 min. to read my post.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
After awhile? It took me 1 min. to read my post.
That's because you wrote it and knew what it said. It's all log jammed, and difficult to read, and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. If you want many to people to respond to this thread, I suggest you make it easier to read. It shouldn't be a burden for readers to read other's posts, and if it is, it discourages them from responding.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #8
NoGunzJustSkillz

sorry wasn't expecting it to be so long...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

How are the Celtics TANKING???? You have yet to explain that. So while you try to put that into words...I'll enlighten you to something that skipped your mind. Since PP's return the Celtics are 6-8. Before he went down they were 10-14. Boston before the season had 2 established players they depended on. Paul Pierce and Wally. Wally after playing the month of Novemeber has been injured pretty much. And currently still is. So thats one player who produces/veteran down. I already mentioned PP and you can see how many games he has played so far this year. When you look at and examine the time Pierce went down you'll notice who the leaders on that team were. Then ask yourself something...how is that tanking? Tony Allen hasnt played since early Jan after going down with a nasty injury. You saw the video, we all did. Sure he was a moron for it and yes I did laugh even tho I dont like to laugh at injuries...but thats a 3rd player injured who had a pretty significant role for the Celtics. Theo Ratliff has been a walkin injury and his season ended with back surgery. He rarely played for Portland when he was there...injuries are starting to take a toll on his career.

So I ask you...when Pierce, Wally, Theo have been down...who did you want to get more playing time so you wouldnt assume Boston was tanking? Olawakandi & Brian Scalebrine because they are the only 2 players on the rosters with years under thier belt. The rest? Are youngsters. Boston has been hit with injuries by random players at any given time. Let me ask you something...how many games has the Boston Celtics played where everyone was healthy? How many games have they played with a healthy 7, 8 man rotation? How many times has the starting lineup changed due to injuries? Question you need to ask yourself because you claim a team is tanking.

You ask why the Sixers are winning and not Boston. How many players in Philly have been injured during the 45gm stretch since AI was traded? List them. Then we compare the significance of those injuries vs the Celtics. We have watched Al Jefferson emerge as a player and it didnt start game 1 of this season either. Gradual progress when before the season some fans questioned how talented he really was.

So after reading all of this hopefully AFTER you have written and given me reasons why you feel the Celtics are TANKING...quick, tell me the Celtics starting 5. Take all the TIME in the world, I would reccommend you ask a Celtics fan tho. Damn did i type that out loud? Oops. Pretend you didnt see that so you can give me my answer.

You're up....

Sidenote: Nothing wrong with a GM scouting talent that could potentially wear a green uniform since the Celtics at 18 wins are NOT making the playoffs. And yes the Sixers are in the hunt at 25 wins, 7 whopping more than the Celtics. Look out now!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
You mean like they won 4 games in a row not too long ago?

Thread pwned right there.

Ainge has a family member playing in the tourney. Funny thing is that Durant's mom didn't know who he was, at least that's what she said.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
knicks15
Local High School Star

i dont know if the celtics are tanking, but i would probably do the same thing theyre doing if i was them. they get to play and develop their young players and then a chance to add a young stud to their team in the draft. its helped them find out more about players like jefferson, green, gomes etc. and about that draft thing, it wouldnt work, i mean how would that stop teams from tanking anyway? the celtics were a bad team b4 the break anyway. then theres a loophole for a team like lets say the mavs. coast the first half, then win the 2nd half. not saying any team would do that, but thatd be even worse than the celtics.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #12
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Thread pwned right there.

Ainge has a family member playing in the tourney. Funny thing is that Durant's mom didn't know who he was, at least that's what she said.

yeah i thought it was funny tho his mom was extremely polite
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I continue to be baffled by the people who have opinions on something they have absolutely no knowledge of.

It would be like me giving my opinion on gay **** lubes, when all we have to do is ask GOBB.

Kidding.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: