Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: my quitting smoking journal

Oh yea... The amount of anger I've been experiencing has been pretty high...

I always like to post to this video to express the way I feel when I'm frustrated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g

just look at the way he yells at the camera.... (1:16)

"THERE's WORSE TEAMS THAN THAT DOWN THE ROAD!!!!... THERE's WORSE!!!!"

Learning to shoot layups

Pairing an improved fitness routine with quitting is effective. Aside from the usual benefits, you distract yourself and kill your idle time. Cigarettes find their way into idle hands.

Also, you tend to gain weight after. I've gained 40+ pounds of fat since I quit 3 years ago and am just now starting to take it off. Still, quiitting is the best thing I every did. Good luck to all the quitters in here.

College superstar

Good luck with quitting mate. Stick with it!

When my sister gave up smoking she put the money she would've spent into a bank account. She bought a flat screen TV with the money she saved and gave up a filthy habit.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

As someone who has chewed tobacco on and off for 7-8 years, I can definitely say that it is possible for some people to be able to quit whenever they want. I have gone years without chew and never really wanted it that badly. It's too expensive in Canada anyway. But whenever I'm in the US I bring a bunch back, chew every day for a month, and then not again for six months. I don't crave it, I just enjoy it.

So for some of you guys in this thread to act like it's impossible to enjoy tobacco and that anyone who has it on a semi-regular basis is an addict who rejects reality I think is pretty narrow minded.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 04-22-2013 at 07:59 PM.

forgot completely about this thread, and the fact that i made it!!

Haven't had a cigarette. Stopped having my little psychotic episodes of wanting a cigarette, i'm not even sure how far I'm in now all i know is i never have to look back again :) best decision i've made in my life.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Congrats. I don't know how people do it. I smoke a pack a day probably, and have for quite some time and it'd be a task for me to cut down to 5 smokes a day, let alone quitting all together. Whenever I try and quit I last like 10 hours and end up chain smoking 6 and smoking heavier than I did the week before.

I shouldn't be giving out tips obviously but I'm always told toothpicks can help replace the smoke, taking a shower whenever you have a craving as well. Tried one of those fake smokes, the one's without nicotine that light up and it kinda helped. Vapour or something? Has no chemicals, but you exhale smoke or air or whatever, kinda neat

One thing is certain smoking f*cking blows.

Today is May 1st...

and I quit on April 1st... ONE MONTH.

I'm still not celebrating yet... I'm gonna hold off on that until July 1st.

I only chew like two or three pieces of nicotine gum a day...

It's starting to feel really good to be smoke free.

Now I need to start focusing on some kind of exercise/diet journal.