Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

Barnes and Leonard are SF's, and there's also Jordan Hamilton out of Texas.

Whatever we do I hope we don't waste a 1srt round pick on The Jimmer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Alex Kennedy: [COLOR=#0000ff]The Hawks are also shopping Zaza Pachulia.[/COLOR] He was held out of last night's game as the team worked the phones. [COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff]He would have been a nice pick-up.[/COLOR]

Whatever we do I hope we don't waste a 1srt round pick on The Jimmer.
    Looks like he could be one of the guys available when they draft and I'm sure they'll look at a pg and hopefully a center though there doesn't seem to be many of them. Maybe a trade for a young center instead?
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-24-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Ken Berger: Minnesota and Utah will continue to explore a Raja Bell deal, but [COLOR=#0000ff]sources say it could be more likely to happen around the draft[/COLOR].
    So much for bringing Raja back this year.

[quote][URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonyknicks022411"][COLOR=#0000ff]King hadn

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Looks like he could be one of the guys available when they draft and I'm sure they'll look at a pg and hopefully a center though there doesn't seem to be many of them. Maybe a trade for a young center instead?
    Yeah, there's only a bunch of undersized PF's from what I've read.

I suppose we go after a back-up passer-first PG and a SG/SF wing guy.

there's only a bunch of undersized PF's from what I've read
    Can't have too many of them.

I suppose we go after a back-up passer-first PG and a SG/SF wing guy.
    Already have young guys in Hayward and Miles on the wing. I'd look for veteran help there especially with AK possibly gone and Bell hopefully dealt to Minny.

Need lots of help in the middle. Young and veteran. The 3 PF starting line-up just doesn't cut it surprising as it is.

From an O'Conner article.

[quote]Utah is positioned to emerge as a stronger, more viable organization when the NBA frees itself from what many predict will be a lengthy, debilitating lockout next season. Everything from increased revenue sharing and a hard salary cap to a franchise-player tag

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

What position should we draft for? I think we need a PG or a SG right now, Hayward is a SG/SF, but he's been a disappointment so far. Maybe we could have have Jimmer Fredette, but a lot of people are pointing him towards being a JJ Redick/Adam Morrison. The PG is pretty weak outside of Kyrie Irving, Fredette and Kemba Walker aren't really true PG's.

Either we need to draft a good PG/SG, or we need to pick someone up in free agency like Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

What position should we draft for? I think we need a PG or a SG right now
    We need a young center not named Fesenko and a young pg to develop behind Harris and Watson not named Price.

Hayward is a SG/SF, but he's been a disappointment so far.
    A disappoinment that he hasn't been down in the D-League developing with Evans cuz the Jazz didn't sign a couple vets.

Maybe we could have have Jimmer Fredette, but a lot of people are pointing him towards being a JJ Redick/Adam Morrison.
    Big difference between Redick and Morrison. Redick can play. Morrison is still waiting for a call. Can't see him getting it. He sucks.

The PG is pretty weak outside of Kyrie Irving, Fredette and Kemba Walker aren't really true PG's.
    Why they're looking at a guy like Flynn probably.

Either we need to draft a good PG/SG, or we need to pick someone up in free agency like Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.
    Why not both?

I'd look for vets on the wings and young guys at the point and in the middle. And of course any and all PF's you can lay your hands on. Can't have enough of them.

I really hope we get rid of Ronnie Price, he's been an energy guy for us, but I think his time is up with Utah, I also like Earl Watson, and I think we should consider keeping him, but I think we should try going after Sundiata Gaines again, he's making a big impact off the bench with the Nets in the past couple weeks and he's proved he can play.

If we don't get a SG/SF in the draft, we need to go after Jamal Crawford/Jason Richardson.

[COLOR=#000000]
    I really hope we get rid of Ronnie Price, he's been an energy guy for us, but I think his time is up with Utah, I also like Earl Watson, and I think we should consider keeping him, but I think we should try going after Sundiata Gaines again, he's making a big impact off the bench with the Nets in the past couple weeks and he's proved he can play.
    Should definitely look to keep Watson which leaves one spot open and they should be looking for their future starter not Gaines.

If we don't get a SG/SF in the draft, we need to go after Jamal Crawford/Jason Richardson.
    Would they sign? Mayo is a lot better option. He's obviously available.
    [/COLOR]

Why not try getting Gaines? Ronnie Price has been garbage this year, Gaines has provided a great spark off the bench for the Nets and if you look at the +/-, he's been in the +5-+10 range every game. He's proving a lot of energy, and putting up good numbers in the assists column for a bench player, and he can shoot better then Watson.

Earl does a good job, but he isn't a great shooter, which he doesn't always need to do, but Sundiata has a lot of potential given minutes IMO.

Mayo might be a better option if we can get him for less money, but I'd rather get Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford.

Also, hopefully we at least bring over Ante Tomic from Real Madrid next year and see what he can do for us, because Elson and Fesenko aren't cutting it and never will.

Why not try getting Gaines? Ronnie Price has been garbage this year, Gaines has provided a great spark off the bench for the Nets and if you look at the +/-, he's been in the +5-+10 range every game. He's proving a lot of energy, and putting up good numbers in the assists column for a bench player, and he can shoot better then Watson.

Earl does a good job, but he isn't a great shooter, which he doesn't always need to do, but Sundiata has a lot of potential given minutes
    I like Gaines and prefer him to Price(always been garbage outside some defensive energy) and if they get a young guy that is ready to back-up Harris(Flynn?) than Gaines would be a nice 3rd guy.

Mayo might be a better option if we can get him for less money, but I'd rather get Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford.
    Mayo will be on the last year of his rookie contract so should come cheaper and a more realistic option. Unless the Jazz overpay for the other two they are unlikely to woo them to SLC. Not sure anyone in the draft is as good as Mayo? Miles isn't.

hopefully we at least bring over Ante Tomic from Real Madrid next year and see what he can do for us
    He could be the young option in the middle but he didn't look worth the 5 million dollar buyout it will cost to bring him over.

because Elson and Fesenko aren't cutting it and never will
    Don't foget Okur. LMAO!