Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Told you Trump was going to win the debate....

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Trump was smashed in polls done by CNN/NBC. Even Foxnews polls showed he lost the debate. I cannot believe 9er or terahite or anyone would think Trump won that. These Trump boys are difficult to argue with being in their own little worlds

Only area Trump won was on trade. Yes, he was correct about the trade deals and he was correct about the emails. Hillary once again apologized about the emails. Where was Trump's apology on being wrong about the birther movement? Not once did he admit he was wrong about it. Other than that, Trump was disillusioned and rambling on and on most of the night.

Just wait for the new polls in coming days. They will hurt Trump. 9er, you can quote me on this in the coming days when Trump drops in the polls. They are pretty much dead even right now. Not for long.
    Bro...you're a Bernie supporter and you can't even watch the debate objectively. Do you know these two candidates have the lowest approval ratings in history?

This debate isn't judged on who gets attacked the most. It's about who did the better job to repair their horrible ratings. Notice how Trump never attacked Clinton till Clinton started attacking him? This doesn't help her image and she also called law enforcement racists. That was low.

You already said Trump laid out a good economic and trade policy plan but yet to give any credit as to which policy Hillary is going to benefit America with. Your credit to her is 'apologizing' for the servers? Come on bro...you are smarter than that.

So if you were to break down the debate objectively....Trump beat her. He came out of there as a good guy when people expected him to be the mud throwing bad guy. He changed the people's perception of him. Look at the polls I linked.

Hillary? Same old Hillary. Smug, rude and arrogant. As usual, I am more disappointed with her campaign for going this route.

Banned

Just won The Hills poll....85k people

Trump 59%

Clinton 36%

Reminiscent of the primaries.

I expect Trump's approval rating to rise after tonight. He did a great job of changing his public perception tonight and that was the goal of the campaign for this debate.

CNBC...400k

Trump 61%
    Clinton 39%

yes it turned out to be a good move withholding the comments about bill clinton

Banned

The theme going into tonight's debate was to change the public's perception about you and I think Trump did that nicely. With low approval ratings...you want to increase favorability ratings and I think he did that by counter punching rather than knocking her out.

She used up all the dirt on Trump.

Trump will use the heavy stuff later on.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You already said Trump laid out a good economic and trade policy plan but yet to give any credit as to which policy Hillary is going to benefit America with. Your credit to her is 'apologizing' for the servers? Come on bro...you are smarter than that.
    I said trade policy but never once economy. Trump's economic plans are laughable. Those massive tax cuts - largest since Reagan cuts in 80s.. That will take out massive portion of the revenue out of the US. Folks like Trump are already not paying taxes so what the hell is it going to do to further expand on cutting taxes further when we cannot afford to lose even more revenue?

Also while he is right about the trade policy stuff, he does NOT have an alternative plan.. There is no way America can compete with the $2-5 a day salaries overseas. Our best bet is to invest in technology and/or even invest in infrastructure to bring in + reel in Information sector jobs along with clean energy in creating solar panels, etc here. That can be exported for very good money.. Forget about manufacturing small stuff like shoes, clothes, etc - we cannot compete with china/india/etc over those smaller things. We have to focus on things like technology that cannot be manufactured for cheap without high education. Science, technology, engineering, etc will be what will make the most money. Not damn shoes or whatever that some uneducated guy can put together off-seas in 2-3 hours..

Trump is also completely disillusioned on his foreign policy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Just saw the debate, anyone who thinks Trump won is an idiot, dude made a fool of himself & Hillary had him flustered all night.

Banned

Also while he is right about the trade policy stuff, he does NOT have an alternative plan.. There is no way America can compete with the $2-5 a day salaries overseas. Our best bet is to invest in technology and/or even invest in infrastructure to bring in + reel in Information sector jobs along with clean energy in creating solar panels, etc here. That can be exported for very good money.. Forget about manufacturing small stuff like shoes, clothes, etc - we cannot compete with china/india/etc over those smaller things. We have to focus on things like technology that cannot be manufactured for cheap without high education. Science, technology, engineering, etc will be what will make the most money. Not damn shoes or whatever that some uneducated guy can put together off-seas in 2-3 hours..

What do you think he was talking about...Nike? Tennis shoes?

His whole thing about jobs leaving are actual companies like Carrier and Ford. One is an air conditioning company and the other is a car company. These jobs need skills.

He is the only candidate that talks about infrastructure. Hence the Dubai airport comment and the beautiful bridges and roads outside the USA. Bro...he's the only one talking about what you are referring to. It's actually one of his main platforms. New infrastructure will lead to new jobs. Putting people to work.

One of his biggest thing...I believe it was one of his policy speeches, is that he wanted to get rid of common core and he want the states to implement a curriculum so they can learn more about computer engineering. He even made mention of how advanced Korea's young population are in computers.

His foreign policy is just fine. Way better than the other candidate.

Anyways, it's funny that all those things you mentioned....Trump has talked about them.

I do agree with everything you mentioned and that is why I am voting for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Just won The Hills poll....85k people

Trump 59%

Clinton 36%

Reminiscent of the primaries.

I expect Trump's approval rating to rise after tonight. He did a great job of changing his public perception tonight and that was the goal of the campaign for this debate.

CNBC...400k

Trump 61%
    Clinton 39%
    Yeah but, the CNN poll of 521 people says Clinton won.

Trump supporters brigading online polls to damage control, hillarious.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I don't think Trump won outright. Neither did Hillary. Superficially it looks like Hillary dominated..I guess..but she didn't. It's really more like a tie. Remember this is only the first debate. We've seen the best of Hillary..not the best of Trump.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I don't think Trump won outright. Neither did Hillary. Superficially it looks like Hillary dominated..I guess..but she didn't. It's really more like a tie. Remember this is only the first debate. We've seen the best of Hillary..not the best of Trump.
    In terms of public perception, Hillary lost, going by the online polls and opinions of hundreds of thousands of people.

Lester Holt acting as the third debater and playing hardball with Trump while throwing softies and scripted set-up questions at Hillary backfired. It seems like the people saw through the act and overwhelmingly didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Best of Trump will be bringing up Bill's transgressions. He has nothing else left. Maybe more attacks on the DNC being corrupt, but he already brought it up. Benghazi is just a junk argument, emails Hillary apologized so there is not much more damage Trump can do there. He can bring up her tendencies as a war hawk, which can get him a few points. Bring up trade again.

That's it.

Banned

I said trade policy but never once economy. Trump's economic plans are laughable. Those massive tax cuts - largest since Reagan cuts in 80s.. That will take out massive portion of the revenue out of the US. Folks like Trump are already not paying taxes so what the hell is it going to do to further expand on cutting taxes further when we cannot afford to lose even more revenue?

Have you forgotten about the economic prosperity that America experienced in the 1980s under Ronald Reagan?

What are they teaching kids in history books these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Have you forgotten about the economic prosperity that America experienced in the 1980s under Ronald Reagan?

What are they teaching kids in history books these days?
    Was there not a recession in 82? 1yr after Reagan took office? We forget that, huh? Sure, 83 and into 90 was very nice boom. 87 also had a stock market crash.

Lets also not forget that spending began to soar at the same time and trade deficit began to explode. HUUUUUUUUGE spending increases on the military. Lets not forget Reagan was also cutting social programs at the same time. The tax cuts also helped the wealthy more than anyone on the basis of 'trickle-down economics'.. trickle down, it did not

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

Lester Holt acting as the third debater and playing hardball with Trump while throwing softies and scripted set-up questions at Hillary backfired. It seems like the people saw through the act and overwhelmingly didn't like it.
    Yea that was definitely interesting. I was reading some BBC thing about it and they definitely saw it.

I don't believe the polls though, but it'll be interesting to see what the numbers look like in terms of 'who are you voting for' after this. If Trump is ahead then, you can say the public saw that, but... the same people who can't even stop cheering when they are told to not cheer, I don't think they perceive much that isn't spoon fed to them.

-Smak