Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dexter season 8

Default Re: Dexter season 8

Well, hopefully now that my future wife is back in the picture hopefully the pace will step up.

Looking forward to the ending despite the beggining of the season being pretty boring..

I can see that kid killing Dexter when he finds out Dex violated his own code.

yeah i think dex dying in the end isnt out of question

i know breaking bad is the big deal right now, but come on people you cant tell me you gave up on this show with one season to go... 4 more episodes to be exact...

yesterday's episode was pretty good... who do you think killed cassie and who killed the kid/who is the brain surgeon? what happens with hannah?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This season has been pretty bad. It has some interesting individual elements like Deb's breakdown, Dr. Vogel and Hannah (great character) coming back but it just never comes together well. It's totally unfocused with very little suspense. Quinn (another great character) has been totally wasted. Batista is just window-dressing. And the forcing of a side-story on Masuka... oh god, how friggin' horrible has that been?

I don't agree that it has been horrible, but it has not been great. I am enjoying this more than the Prado season. I do agree that this season is kind of scrambled all over the place though. Didn't like Zach so I am glad he is gone. Hopefully the plot starts thickening and picking up.

Banned

Dexter has been on decline since the finale of season 4.. it has reached the point where this season its bad. Its bordering on intolerable. Everything about it is pedestrian and an uninteresting mess.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've liked this season probably more than last to be honest. It's been a little more internalized for Dexter, which I've liked. And as much as people are saying it's unfocused, I actually feel like they've trimmed a lot of the fat. No more Laguerta. No real massive bad guy to focus on. And Batista being window dressing has actually helped that character. The more he has to do the worse it is usually. And I did like it better before Masuka got the daughter storyline jammed on us. Although I did like seeing her waitressing topless.

It's allowed them to focus on Dex and Deb for long stretches, which helped. And then more to Dr. Vogel.
    I think the brain surgeon is most likely Dr. Vogel herself at this point. Although I could see somehow Quinn breaking bad to a degree and killing Zach, then making it look like The Brain Surgeon, although I'm sure I wouldn't like that much, so to me it's gotta be Vogel.

Also, for what it's worth, last night's True Blood, which has been horrible, like truely horrible the way Zen is saying this is, was probably the best single episode the series has had since midway through season two. It was still horrid in it's own way for sure, and had some really terrible spots (Warlo's fantasy world was among the worst things ever put on celluloid), but the pacing bouncing between characters, having the town drawn back together. And hitting on a social metaphor with the Hep V crisis, was the cleverest the show has been probably since season one.

Is it supposed to be hinted at that Quinn tried to frame Zach? If that's the case, I am kind of confused because no way he goes far enough to kill her.

dam... I wonder who the real Brain Surgeon is. I bet it's Cassie's boyfriend. Kind of fits the story so far.

He (the Brain Surgeon) met Cassie and decided to leave his murderous/psychopathic life behind and be with her, until she died and leaves him very saddened. Then after Quinn talks with him and shows him a picture of Zach, he decides to go back to his old ways.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Although I did like seeing her waitressing topless.
    High point of the season. I was hoping we'd see a bit more Jaime too. In the naked way, of course. Not character-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    High point of the season. I was hoping we'd see a bit more Jaime too. In the naked way, of course. Not character-wise.
    i was disappointed with this episode though, second sex scene with hannah and still no nipples shown

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Totally agree. I really enjoyed the shadowy, breathy scene she had early in the season, in spite of so much being hidden, but they never followed through after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    Is it supposed to be hinted at that Quinn tried to frame Zach? If that's the case, I am kind of confused because no way he goes far enough to kill her.

SPOILER!!!! who is the brain surgeon? white text

[COLOR="White"]The brain surgeon is that girl's ( Dexter's neighbor) boyfriend......Issac Suxton[/COLOR]

i misread the above post