Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #31
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I could see Luke winning the 6th Man award....

I hope Farmar does produce. He's only 19, and needs to bulk up. But he has quick feet, so hopefully he can contribute. I look forward to seeing him play at the Summer Pro League.

Tell us how he performs in the Summer League.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #32
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Tell us how he performs in the Summer League.
u can just go to the site

www.summerproleague.com
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #33
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
We already have a power forward who shoots threes and can't really defend the post or rebound that well. We don't need another one.

That is why he is an SF not a PF!!!!!
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
marny_navis
Banned

My Lineup:

C Kwame Brown (only b/c it is inevitable that Mihm will be traded)
PF Lamar Odom
SF Vladimir Radmonovic
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Shammond Williams (if it is true that he has signed with us)

6th Man: SF/PF Al Harrington

Phil better go with this lineup. Don't stick Vlad at PF, please! I want someone to tell me why they should stick him there! And "b/c he spreads the floor" is not an option b/c if you wanted that then why not just get Kevin Pittsnogle for less money? He would give better effort on the glass that Vlad does. Vlad is better suited as an SF, and please don't change that Phillip!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is a problem with Radman defending the 3 position though. he isnt that quick.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #36
Hoofa22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hoofa22 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Signs are Bad 4 The Lakers!

LA is going to strugle in the Center position this Season!
Who can play there and make a difference?
Randmonavic?
Mihm?or the Kid Bynum?
Hoofa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #37
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofa22
LA is going to strugle in the Center position this Season!
Who can play there and make a difference?
Randmonavic?
Mihm?or the Kid Bynum?

seems that u are not a laker fan and u dont deserve to be here and I am pretty sure you dont watch lakers game either. did u see last year when Mihm was putting double-doubles before getting injured and how Kwame played once he got the playing time at Centre. this Kid Bynum is having a decent summer league and you still think we will struggle at Centre position? wow you are a genius man....where were you....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #38
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

on offense, it doesn't matter if Rad is the 3 or 4 cause of the triangle. mostly he will float to the outside for his J.
defense is the issue and I'm sure Phil will figure out which one (Odom or Vlad) can better defend the 3. I'm guessing Vlad because Odom is much stronger and better rebounder.

Don't be surprised if Evans starts at the PG.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #39
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
on offense, it doesn't matter if Rad is the 3 or 4 cause of the triangle. mostly he will float to the outside for his J.
defense is the issue and I'm sure Phil will figure out which one (Odom or Vlad) can better defend the 3. I'm guessing Vlad because Odom is much stronger and better rebounder.

Don't be surprised if Evans starts at the PG.

This is why I love the Al Harrington trade if it happens. Then we could stick either him or Lamar on the perimeter on defense. Also, Vlad could come off the bench at the 3 or the 4 and could defend players more at his level. Big trade if we can get Harrington. This could push us up some playoff spots and make us a contender.

I agree about Evans starting. He will do well for us, and allow Smush to contribute off the bench.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #40
The Laker Link

The Laker Link has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe lucky
w/ the signing of V-Rad this becomes a predicament if we sign Harrington too in terms of available roster spots. V-Rad signed w/ us because he was offered a starting spot (the 4) so the roster looks like this already
Brown
Radmonavic
Odom
Bryant
Parker/Vujacic

Harrington will also want to start so where do the Lakers put him? Only way I see this working is to bring back the P/F idea
Brown
Harringon
Radmonavic
Bryant
Odom
This will most definitely not work against fast guard teams which seem to be mostly every team nowadays (Suns, Spurs, Hornets, etc.). Meaning a 3 and a 4 who want to start will have to come off the bench which also cuts Luke Walton's minutes (not like that matters )

No I say if Harrington comes...either him or Rad go to the Bench and switch or...Phil works out the starting line-up to something like this...

Kwame
Harington
Vlad
Odom
Kobe

Have Kobe play PG and have either Vlad or Odom play SG somehow...that would be better...Odom can't play PG...but Kobe can.....
The Laker Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:11 PM   #41
The Laker Link

The Laker Link has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe lucky
Odom on the bench? You got to be kidding me that would never happen. V-Rad goes to the bench with the stipulation that he gets alot of minutes. Thats the best bet if Harrington starts at the 4.

The problem is the payment that hed get for being the 6thman Benchwarmer....I'd rather all them start somehow like this:

Kwame
Harrington
Rad
Odom
Kobe

or Harrington come off the bench then have Rad or Odom come off the bench....
The Laker Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 PM   #42
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laker Link
The problem is the payment that hed get for being the 6thman Benchwarmer.

Thats not a problem at all. Compared to other salaries 5 mill isnt such a biggie.

Shoot look at the new york knicks bench.

lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: