Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #31
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Reparations

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
Do you think descendants of slaves should get reparations?

The Japanese got theirs after the camps, why can't blacks get them after being enslaved. I blame the state of black america on the white folks. After being liberated, the former slaves were kicked to the curbs without a shirt on their back. You gotta find some one to survive, so they became hoodlums and deliquents. I know it is not realistic, but if the descendant of former slaves got some loot or something; the crime rate among african americans will go down. Did the Jews get theirs after the holocaust?

PS - Im not a descendant of a slave, so Im not bitter. Im just asking for y'all opinions.
this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #32
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Who the fcuk starts a controversial topic and never responds to it, like a little chickensh*t b*tch?

And why the fcuk are non-black people so opinionated in the comfy confines of their internet annonymity, when it comes to black people?

I'm black as hell and I don't what no reparations, no welfare check, not freebie from anybody. Let me handle my business. But more power to anybody who wants those kind of things.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
Who the fcuk starts a controversial topic and never responds to it, like a little chickensh*t b*tch?

And why the fcuk are non-black people so opinionated in the comfy confines of their internet annonymity, when it comes to black people?

I'm black as hell and I don't what no reparations, no welfare check, not freebie from anybody. Let me handle my business. But more power to anybody who wants those kind of things.

Personally, i'd feel wrong taking money for something that didn't directly happen to me (i'm black). And to answer your first question, we're probably answering an assignment question for him on his homework.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #34
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Personally, i'd feel wrong taking money for something that didn't directly happen to me (i'm black). And to answer your first question, we're probably answering an assignment question for him on his homework.
: probably
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

My two cents:

No, we do not owe descendants of slaves any money. They themselves were not enslaved, their ancestors were. We were not slave owners, previous Americans were. Why should tax payer money go towards an apology that is not ours to make? Even if we do use this money towards a farce of an apology, what good will that do? Will that erase all, if any bitterness that the descendants may have? No.

This talk of reparations makes me sick. We can't repay for decades of slavery with money. The only way we can "apologize" is by fighting racism individually, every single day. Money can never make up for decades of animosity, but rather, our efforts to make this world racism free will.

I apologize if this post offends anybody, it's just my two cents, and I can see why a lot of people will be pissed at me for this.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #36
0ne50
Local High School Star

This is what it takes to pull yourself out of poverty:

A little bit of luck = Yes, luck! It is way to easy to find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, when you come from a poverty stricken area. Thank of how many laws there are, that could land any person in jail. Now think of how many laws the average person breaks on the daily. Now think about how many laws you yourself have broken. And do you consider yourself a criminal? Now think of the odds of not going to jail for a person of color, in a society where racism is still rampant throughout the justice system. The odds are crazy. If you come from poverty or related to it, your (criminal) record is like the bottom of a shoe; no matter how clean you live, it will get dirty. You just have to be lucky and not let it get too dirty.

Know how / know what you are good at - Find your niche. For those of us who are blessed with the opportunity to do something better. We have to know what's out there, that we can turn into a profit. Yeah, it's nice to open up a business and say hey I can do it. But it's an entirely different thing when a person goes out there and come up with some fresh ideas. How many barbershop, carry-outs, clothing stores, and studios are needed in the hood. People get to this point and get stuck on stupid. They do things that have been done and over done. When it doesn't workout they get discouraged and tell other inspiring people that it's not worth it. Or at the very least give off that kind of impression. On top of being in a position of starting a business, you should find out what it it that you can do really good. And that it's somewhat different before putting yourselves out there.

Have a sh*tload of independence - This is what helps immigrants out when they come to this country. they don't have to deal with none of that "crab in a barrel" mentality. They are out on their own, trusting from within. Also they don't have to deal with celebrating their progress to show others how far they have come, this could be viewed as showing off. When you establish yourself as an independent thinker, never will you have to stop and keep people up to date with what you are doing. This can hold you back or send you in the wrong direction. Wait until it's all said and done to tell your story, try not to share your unique ideas with others. People are jealous by nature, they will sabotage your goals. When the opportunity presents itself, only then should you network with the absolute right people. To do so you have to know more about your project than they will, and always keep it like that.

Determination - Never let anybody tell you your idea won't work. If it is your idea and you envisioned it, fcuk what anybody else has to say about it. No one will ever see it the way you do. All they will see is the risk and the embarrassment of not succeeding. You, on the other hand, have to look past that kind of doubt in your own mind so forget what kind of doubt is in somebody else's mind. Fcuk them straight up. It's all about you, all about what you want to do. You have one life to live and at the end you can at least say you tried.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #37
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

One side of my family were poor Irish immigrant farmers in the South during slavery and the Civil War. The other half was still in Sweden and would be for another three decades. Why should my tax dollars be used to make reparations to the great, great, great grandchildren of people my ancestors didn't oppress.?

Reparations for slavery will never happen in this country. 1.) It would be extremely difficult to find out who actually is the decendant of a former slave and be able to determine who is not 2.) it would likely escalate racial tensions in this country 3.) the government's not going to fork over that kind of cash, especially with how large the deficit is.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #38
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard

and that is the smartest thing you have ever posted
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #39
Yaosonegoodear
Banned

Yaosonegoodear has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
and that is the smartest thing you have ever posted
good comeback you just said that the smartest thing he ever posted was that your post was dumb. classic
Yaosonegoodear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #40
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
not just my family, but nearly every immigrant family i know. it was not "luck" that my parents pulled themselves up. it was hard work and smart saving. something anyone can do. are you telling me that immigrants who come here from all over the world have more of an advantage then someone whos family has been here for generations?

Absolutely. My grandfather immigrated here from Lithuania as a child and my grandmother from Czechoslovakia in the 1930's. Like millions of others they were forced to assimilate into an unknown culture and learn a foreign language. They worked in factories in terrible conditions for terrible pay but managed to send my mother and 2 of my 3 aunts to college. Of course it's a struggle to succeed when starting with nothing, but it is very, very possible.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #41
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
One side of my family were poor Irish immigrant farmers in the South during slavery and the Civil War. The other half was still in Sweden and would be for another three decades. Why should my tax dollars be used to make reparations to the great, great, great grandchildren of people my ancestors didn't oppress.?

Reparations for slavery will never happen in this country. 1.) It would be extremely difficult to find out who actually is the decendant of a former slave and be able to determine who is not 2.) it would likely escalate racial tensions in this country 3.) the government's not going to fork over that kind of cash, especially with how large the deficit is.
You have absolutley no control as to what happens to your presious tax money. Somebody in politics; right now at the moment I type this is using a % of the money you worked for to buy a blow job, (probably from a tranny). Only thing you can do is wait for election time so you can vote for who ever says what you want to hear. So stop talking like your little tax money is going to set someone for life, little man!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #42
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

It already happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOsVUxPsalc
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #43
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
When I saw "It already happened" i knew for a fact it was gonna be a chappelle link.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: