Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Rocket fans....were Laker fans right about Dwight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Nope I was calling him out for being shit since 2009 when people started calling him a top 5 player in the league. It is all on record on ISH. Real lakers fans know what a quality big man looks like. Real Lakers fans could tell Dwight was a pretender a mile away, especially after injured Bynum and bitchmade Pau destroyed him in the finals on both ends of the court.

Decent playground baller

Why don't Lakers fans just move on and be glad he's off the team then :

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst

I used to have loads of other accounts doe, that got permabanned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBehave
    Why don't Lakers fans just move on and be glad he's off the team then :
    How are we suppose to talk about him without someone saying we are butt hurt?

The fact of the matter is we are happy he's gone.

My motivation for talking about Dwight is for Rocket fans to admit that I am right and they are wrong. You should have seen all the threads made by Rocket fans when they got Dwight.

Dwight was lucky to play for the Lakers because that prevented one of the biggest fan base to protect him. Now he's no longer a Laker we are free to speak candidly and honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    How are we suppose to talk about him without someone saying we are butt hurt?

The fact of the matter is we are happy he's gone.

My motivation for talking about Dwight is for Rocket fans to admit that I am right and they are wrong. You should have seen all the threads made by Rocket fans when they got Dwight.

Dwight was lucky to play for the Lakers because that prevented one of the biggest fan base to protect him. Now he's no longer a Laker we are free to speak candidly and honestly.
    yeah, i dont know where they get the idea we wanted him here, theres a reason no d12 jersey was burned (perhaps none was sold in 1st place?), i dont know what front office was up to when hanging those "stay d12" jokes, la fanbase had zero allegiance with a guy who pretty much, was the reason of our problems

Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Dwight can't win for losing.

Houston could win the title, Dwight could win Finals MVP, and we'd have threads saying HE'S NOT HOLDING THE TROPHY CORRECTLY

Seriously, 24 rebounds and no comical FT misses tonight. I am utterly convinced ISH hates everybody.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    Dwight can't win for losing.

Houston could win the title, Dwight could win Finals MVP, and we'd have threads saying HE'S NOT HOLDING THE TROPHY CORRECTLY

Seriously, 24 rebounds and no comical FT misses tonight. I am utterly convinced ISH hates everybody.
    sometimes fans get bogged down in the boxscores and they can't see the forrest for the trees. You can't win with someone like Dwight and taht's all you need to know about that smiling, corny clown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    sometimes fans get bogged down in the boxscores and they can't see the forrest for the trees. You can't win with someone like Dwight and taht's all you need to know about that smiling, corny clown
    A team could win with him if he accepts the fact he is a defensive roleplayer who is useless on offense and doesnt demand touches except for alley oops or when he's wide open under the basket.

Think Ben Wallace, only of course D12 is nowhere near as good as Wallace was on D or on the boards.

D12 could win a title as that type of player. As a first, second or third option, no , he will never be able to win a title like that.

9empire and Nick Young should start their own kobetard forum

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    A team could win with him if he accepts the fact he is a defensive roleplayer who is useless on offense and doesnt demand touches except for alley oops or when he's wide open under the basket.

Think Ben Wallace, only of course D12 is nowhere near as good as Wallace was on D or on the boards.

come on son...

real lakers fans were hating on dwight and his signing before dwightmare even began
    no they werent

He's a game changer on interior D, but I don't like Dwight and I just don't see ANY team winning a ring with him, unless they have VERY specific pieces around him...and Houston doesn't have it.

Perhaps if DH played with someone like Lebron or Kobe in his prime...a true alpha to his own beta mentality...he could have won.

But I just don't like his body language out there. The Laker game was a microcosm of Howard's attitude. One second he's laughing and running trying to avoid getting fouled in the 4th (that clip of him running from Kaman is hiLARious). Then the next second, he's bricking free throws, losing them the game, acting all somber and sad talking about "OUR free throws sucked" and "THEY just screwed up on the play" (referring to the last play of the game).

THIS.

Watch the games. DH tries to block every freakin shot that is taken...so much so that the other team ends up getting a lot of offensive boards because he's taken himself out of the play.

I can understand blocking someone going to the rim, but he seriously will leave his cover to go block someone (who is already being covered well) who is attempting a turn around jumper 5 feet from the opposite block.

When Asik is out, the Rockets have NO reliable rebounder other than DH himself...so when he's flying all over the place trying to swat everything out into the stands, the other team is getting easy put backs.

I don't know exactly what the Laker fans were right about. Everybody already knew he sucked at freethrows. I can say he looks better than he did while he was in LA. He's more explosive and he's actually putting forth some effort. The only thing that I'm disappointed in from him is his post play. I expected him to regain some of the moves he had prior to his back surgery. I know it will come in time. The following season he worked with Hakeem the first time, he looked really good. This time though it's just blah. All in all, I'm glad we got him. Once our perimeter players start playing some kind of defense I think we'll be ok. Our offense will get better as the players get used to playing with each other pause.

There's so much salt in LA right now...