Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Knicks sign Jonathan Bender! He hasn't played in NBA in years

The Knicks have a plan B?. did they have a plan B when they got Curry? or Hughes? or everytime they made a blunder?.

Decent playground baller jlawdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    The Knicks have a plan B?. did they have a plan B when they got Curry? or Hughes? or everytime they made a blunder?.
    Hughes wasn't really a blunder. Curry, and most other "blunders" were done by Dolan and/or Isaih, mostly Mr. Thomas is to blame.

There is a new GM. To attribute the previous GM's mistakes to the current GM is pretty ignorant.

As for Hughes, his contract expires this offseason. That was a smart move to bring guys like him and Harrington in. Crawford and ZBo had talent, but they were not going to be key parts of a championship team for the Knicks. And their contracts were too big to allow the Knicks to go after any real big FA's that they can build around.

Walsh made smart moves to move those longer contracts for shorter ones, and to add to that, Hughes and Harrington are playing pretty well for the Knicks, so it has been a very good move thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Stuck in the year 2005, are ya?

Quote Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
    Hughes wasn't really a blunder. Curry, and most other "blunders" were done by Dolan and/or Isaih, mostly Mr. Thomas is to blame.

There is a new GM. To attribute the previous GM's mistakes to the current GM is pretty ignorant.

As for Hughes, his contract expires this offseason. That was a smart move to bring guys like him and Harrington in. Crawford and ZBo had talent, but they were not going to be key parts of a championship team for the Knicks. And their contracts were too big to allow the Knicks to go after any real big FA's that they can build around.

Walsh made smart moves to move those longer contracts for shorter ones, and to add to that, Hughes and Harrington are playing pretty well for the Knicks, so it has been a very good move thus far.
    THIS

Walsh turned ZBo and Crawford into Hughes and Harrington, about equal in talent with better contracts, while dumping Jerome James in the process. About as good as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    THIS

Walsh turned ZBo and Crawford into Hughes and Harrington, about equal in talent with better contracts, while dumping Jerome James in the process. About as good as expected.
    If he could move Jefferies or Curry he could be considered the greatest GM of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    If he could move Jefferies or Curry he could be considered the greatest GM of all time.
    I've said this many times, but the Knicks don't want to trade Jeffries. I'm confident D'Antoni doesn't. I think Jeffries is his favorite player (well, maybe 2nd to Gallo...).

Knicks will do everything in their power to dump Curry...everything. I think they trade jeffries only as a last resort.

If only there was another way to get Curry's contract off the books.....if, let's say Eddy were to be the victim of an unfortunate accident, that might solve a problem or two.....I mean, god forbid........

......looking at Knicks101, Bano114, and OneMoreSucka.......nodding in unison......wheels in motion..........Usual Suspects music plays........
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-13-2009 at 11:41 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Made that high school varsity squad

That's the last time, Bender. That's the last time you ever make me look bad in front of those kids. You hear me? I make $31,000 a year, and I have a home, and I'm not about to throw it all away on some punk like you. But someday, when you're outta here, and you've forgotten all about this place, and they've forgotten all about you, and you're wrapped up in your own pathetic life, I'm gonna be there. That's right, and I'm gonna kick the living sh#t out of you. I'm gonna knock your d*#k in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DTD
    Walsh "That's the last time, Bender. That's the last time you ever make me look good in front of those players. You hear me? I make $3,100,000 a year, and I have three homes, and I'm not about to throw it all away on some saint like you. But someday, when you're outta here, and you've forgotten all about this league, and they've forgotten all about you, and you're wrapped up in your own honorable life, I'm gonna be there. That's right, and I'm gonna kiss the living sh#t out of you. I'm gonna knock your doc in the dirt.
    Updated.
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-14-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    I don't see Wade coming here and honestly

Douglas
    Wade
    Gallinari
    Bosh
    Whoever

doesn't scream championship to me. We're not trying to build a Playoff team, we're trying to build a dynasty. LeBron gets you that, Wade and Bosh do not. If LeBron stays in Cleveland I say sign guys to 1 year contracts again, tank and try again next year.
    No, sign a max guy and next year you have enough expirers for another max guy. 2011 we have the same situation as this year. Exactly.

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

Is Bender slang for gay in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Yeah, but IMO Curry is only moveable if you paired him with a decent player in a trade or an expirer...Other than that, his crispy-creme donut ass is staying with the Knicks...I don't want to hear Knicks/Bulls trade rumours anymore, the thought of having that big lard ass back with my beloved Bulls gives me nightmares, and oh ,we don't want blackhole Harrington either!!

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    and oh ,we don't want blackhole Harrington either!!
    Harrington would easily become your best scorer. Your team blows......and it was SUPPOSED to be great. Nice.....

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No, sign a max guy and next year you have enough expirers for another max guy. 2011 we have the same situation as this year. Exactly.
    Who would you sign this year?

Saw this on Alan Hahn's twitter.

RT @meanbarb: DAntoni says he may play Jonathan Bender tomorrow, after only two days of practice.
    The f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm honestly afraid to watch Bender play. I keep picturing him in a wheelchair at 35.