Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: 2014 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I hate that we can't multi-quote on this board. It would help the conversations. You are correct though. It's not that I think he's a bad coach. I think he's fine. I'm not good with another selection that would just be decent. Karl doesn't coach defense. I feel like a few of those years in Denver he had the best lineup in the Western Conference and they didn't do much with it. He's a high tempo offense guy with little care for defense. I don't see how that wins championships. I think Karls system is more geared towards winning regular season games.
    Id be inclined to agree, he in profile sounds rather similar to that one that shall remain nameless...but I doubt karl could do so much (by that i mean no accountability, alienate the planned future franchise star, use the worst rotations in history, tell the fans to support another team what else have we got? Oh yeah "we practised defense for thirty minutes" sorry but hes so easy to dislike), I think Karl could be not the worst option but its not sustainable for long periods imo he started coaching great but the last few years in Denver I thought his strategy and rotations a bit off, the Denver team was the ideal karl run and gun athletic team.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Id be inclined to agree, he in profile sounds rather similar to that one that shall remain nameless...but I doubt karl could do so much (by that i mean no accountability, alienate the planned future franchise star, use the worst rotations in history, tell the fans to support another team what else have we got? Oh yeah "we practised defense for thirty minutes" sorry but hes so easy to dislike), I think Karl could be not the worst option but its not sustainable for long periods imo he started coaching great but the last few years in Denver I thought his strategy and rotations a bit off, the Denver team was the ideal karl run and gun athletic team.
    And they never would have won a championship.

And they never would have won a championship.
    Who ? If you mean the Denver team no I'd agree maybe a conference final at best they didn't have a true go to scorer ironic how well melo could have done in that Denver tea they didn't have a star tough to win a title like that.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Who ? If you mean the Denver team no I'd agree maybe a conference final at best they didn't have a true go to scorer ironic how well melo could have done in that Denver tea they didn't have a star tough to win a title like that.
    There was a few years they had one of the best rosters in the West and some would argue the best roster. They didn't win it. The Lakers wouldn't win a championship with him. I like him, but I don't feel like he's a championship coach. Anyway around it, we're apparently stuck with 'antoni anyhow.

There was a few years they had one of the best rosters in the West and some would argue the best roster. They didn't win it. The Lakers wouldn't win a championship with him. I like him, but I don't feel like he's a championship coach. Anyway around it, we're apparently stuck with 'antoni anyhow.
    Yes I thought that was what you meant it wasn't a what as if to say you must be kidding it was a what? For clarification and I just assumed you meant the Denver team and yeah I'd agree they have had some good teams and rather deep ones but I never saw them as championship contenders partly because they either didn't have a true star or when they did in Melo etc it just seemed at least to memory they couldn't stop anyone either

Ok, before last week, I never would have considered Karl at all but I never said the Lakers will WIN a championship with him bec NOBODY can! Heck, if you bring Phil back with the current lineup or even add that rookie/lottery pick this summer. I was thinking of a transistional coach ala Del Harris in the early 90's. Those guys competed and fought hard.
    And Karl having one of the best rosters a few years back? I think we can agree to disagree on that one considering he had to face the Lakers and Spurs etc. Again, Im just impressed about his consistency to win with about 15 different lineups the past 14 years or so.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Ok, before last week, I never would have considered Karl at all but I never said the Lakers will WIN a championship with him bec NOBODY can! Heck, if you bring Phil back with the current lineup or even add that rookie/lottery pick this summer. I was thinking of a transistional coach ala Del Harris in the early 90's. Those guys competed and fought hard.
    And Karl having one of the best rosters a few years back? I think we can agree to disagree on that one considering he had to face the Lakers and Spurs etc. Again, Im just impressed about his consistency to win with about 15 different lineups the past 14 years or so.
    I never once said the Lakers will compete for a championship next year. I've actually said quite the opposite. I'm one of the few people who keep reminding everyone that rebuilding takes more than one year and that we're going to have to be patient. Next season isn't going to be that great for the Lakers. Also never said the Spurs and Lakers weren't good back in the day. I just said it could be debated the Nuggets were in the conversation for the best roster in the West. No way you can argue that. They had a few really loaded teams, that didn't play defense for some reason.....

I never once said the Lakers will compete for a championship next year. I've actually said quite the opposite. I'm one of the few people who keep reminding everyone that rebuilding takes more than one year and that we're going to have to be patient. Next season isn't going to be that great for the Lakers. Also never said the Spurs and Lakers weren't good back in the day. I just said it could be debated the Nuggets were in the conversation for the best roster in the West. No way you can argue that. They had a few really loaded teams, that didn't play defense for some reason.....
    ...It wasn't George Karl it was Mike D'Antoni wearing a prosthetic face mask all along , in all seriousness I do agree they had a pretty good team rather well rounded just didn't live up to potential then losing Iggy, injuries didn't help last year but they had a good run and gun athletic team that could have used a legitimate scoring option that could anchor a defense (no idea who fits that criteria but oh well haha), I think anyone expecting a championship within 2 years is being very optimistic unless there are some big signings and a coach that works borderline miracles with it.

NBA lottery pick

This is a good thing for the Lakers:

Contrary to another report, multiple sources indicate that Karl would love the opportunity to coach the Wolves and he's hoping his phone rings soon. 1500 ESPN - See more at:

Sups guys...

Getting back on to the coaching thing.

I'm up here in the Bay. Rumors have it Mark Jackson is out after this season.
    Things are bad...Jackson even told Jerry West not to be at his practices etc.
    If we can get Mark Jackson....I would be VERY happy with that.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Sups guys...

Getting back on to the coaching thing.

I'm up here in the Bay. Rumors have it Mark Jackson is out after this season.
    Things are bad...Jackson even told Jerry West not to be at his practices etc.
    If we can get Mark Jackson....I would be VERY happy with that.
    I think he's done a great job up there. It concerns me that he can't get along with any of his assistants or the management. I'd be happy taking a chance on him though.

I think he's done a great job up there. It concerns me that he can't get along with any of his assistants or the management. I'd be happy taking a chance on him though.
    Can we add multiquoting already but anyway *thumbs up* , agree I'd be rather happy if the team got Mark Jackson as a coach think he's a good young coach, seems like at times a pretty good motivational/charismatic speaker (Warriors don't really have many on court vocal leaders was part of the problem).

Home of the 16

Default Re: 2014 NBA Playoffs

The Spurs about to sweep Portland. Let's do this joint Timmy.

Banned

I think it'll be OKC - Heat Final.

Home of the 16

DK, take a look at Jason Kidd's last play. JUST HORRIBLE.