Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #31
highwhey
tf

Default Re: Kyler Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
IMO QB height is way overblown... Russel Wilson and Drew Brees rank 2nd and 3rd all-time in passer rating and they are both sub 6 foot... and Rodgers and Romo rank 1st and 5th respectively and they are both maybe 6'2" on a very good day... the only QB in the top 5 all time QB rating above 6'3" is Tom Brady
thanks, i didn't know brees was that short.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #32
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

I'm thinking he's gonna be a bust and Arizona is gonna look pretty stupid for taking QBs back to back years.

With that said I don't think Rosen pans out either so it'd be two different regimes making bad choices.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

The only way Kyler can "bust" is via injury.

His arm is actually underrated, the guy can make any throw, he is deadly accurate and has plenty of arm strength. His best WR at OU was a midget who weighed 166 lbs.

When something isnt there, he will take off on his feet though, and he is very fast but not sure he is durable enough to take NFL hits on the regular. Thats how he could bust, just getting hurt all the time.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:25 PM   #34
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

I dunno much about this kid, but I cant help but be skeptical about any football player with a faggy ass name like "kyler"... were "brayden" and "kashton" already taken?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #35
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
The only way Kyler can "bust" is via injury.

His arm is actually underrated, the guy can make any throw, he is deadly accurate and has plenty of arm strength. His best WR at OU was a midget who weighed 166 lbs.

When something isnt there, he will take off on his feet though, and he is very fast but not sure he is durable enough to take NFL hits on the regular. Thats how he could bust, just getting hurt all the time.

Midget who weighed 166 but was the first WR taken in the draft, right?

He also had an Oline that will all get drafted in the NFL. Four of them already have been drafted this year IIRC.

He had another top 100 pick at WR as well.

He had some great talent around him.

I'm not sure what Kyler is but the situation and skill position players around him right now in ARI are good and I like watching him play. The right handed Vick comps are fair.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #36
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

He also had an Oline that will all get drafted in the NFL. Four of them already have been drafted this year IIRC.

I'm not sure what Kyler is but the situation and skill position players around him right now in ARI are good and I like watching him play. The right handed Vick comps are fair.

vick wasnt a midget tho
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #37
DaHeezy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

Not Vick at all. Vick was on another tier as an athlete. Wilson is spot on. Floor is Manziel.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Well that's revisionist history IMO.

Kyler on film looks like the most explosive athlete I've ever seen at QB. Not the fastest, but most explosive in short areas. He's obviously really fast too, but probably not like Vick.

VICK wasn't short area explosive like Murray though.

Murray ran for 1K as a rusher this past season. This not a normal occurence. Not even Vick approached that. The Vick comps are fair because he's a big time passing/running combo with a huge arm.

I'm just happy he's playing most of his games at 4:30 ET because I was getting sick of watching Denver and Raiders and those other teams wo typically play at 4:30 on a typical Sunday.

Kyler is going to be must see TV
Old 05-07-2019, 01:58 AM   #39
DaHeezy

Quote:
Well that's revisionist history IMO.

Kyler on film looks like the most explosive athlete I've ever seen at QB. Not the fastest, but most explosive in short areas. He's obviously really fast too, but probably not like Vick.

VICK wasn't short area explosive like Murray though.

Murray ran for 1K as a rusher this past season. This not a normal occurence. Not even Vick approached that. The Vick comps are fair because he's a big time passing/running combo with a huge arm.

I'm just happy he's playing most of his games at 4:30 ET because I was getting sick of watching Denver and Raiders and those other teams wo typically play at 4:30 on a typical Sunday.

Kyler is going to be must see TV

Naw..still not a good comparison. Saying a running/passing combo comparison is like saying every 6'9 plus player who play point can be compared to Magic.

Vick was a freakish raw athlete who can run like a really explosive RB that happens to have a cannon for an arm.

Kyler is a quick scrambler with arm talent.

Lamar Jackson is Vick

Kyler is Wilson

Kyler is more Mahomes than Vick.

But I agree, he's gonna be exciting to watch.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #40
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

If you're a 6'9 PG they usually always do get compared to Magic. There aren't many 6'9 PGs out there.

Kyler IS a freak athlete.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGFpN4MtSM
Old 05-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #41
DaHeezy

Quote:
If you're a 6'9 PG they usually always do get compared to Magic. There aren't many 6'9 PGs out there.

Kyler IS a freak athlete.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGFpN4MtSM

You're REALLY reaching for the Vick comparison.

Being compared to does not mean the same type player. Ben Simmons and Lebron aren't Magic. Only based on a preset comparison. Like being 6'9 playing the position.

Those Kyler runs are more scrambling. Not a one cut take off like Vick.

Like I said Vick is a RAW athlete that has a cannon for an arm.

Kyler is a quick scrambler with arm talent.

They really aren't the same.

Kyler will be fun to watch.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I don't know the difference between "scrambling" and whatever it is you're referencing Vick as being. They're evading rushers and taking off for huge runs.

My eyes tell me Kyler is the most explosive QB in short areas I've ever seen. He gets to his top speed quicker than any QB. And he has elusiveness/vision/etc to make use of the 4.4 speed.

Kyer can make any throw that Vick could. He has borderline Mahones level ability to throw the football, it's his decision making/accuracy that will determine if he's just OK or a great player. He's been the best player at every level he has played at being 5'10, he knows how to play at his height. That isn't going to change in the NFL. It's not like Dlineman are significantly taller in the NFL than the Alabama defense he torched in the second half.

Being compared does not mean being the same. It's a very general guideline.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Kyler is absolutely a freak athlete, he is the only athlete EVER to be drafted 1st round in both MLB and NFL. Neither Bo or Deion accomplished that. I personally like Wilson comparisons just because they are pretty much the exact same size, but Kyler is way more athletic than Wilson.

Floor being Manziel is bogus...Manziel busted due to his spoiled frat party mind state. Kyler doesnt have that issue. Kylers floor probably more like RG3. Kyler's ceiling is "sky's the limit".
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #44
DaHeezy

Quote:
I don't know the difference between "scrambling" and whatever it is you're referencing Vick as being. They're evading rushers and taking off for huge runs.

My eyes tell me Kyler is the most explosive QB in short areas I've ever seen. He gets to his top speed quicker than any QB. And he has elusiveness/vision/etc to make use of the 4.4 speed.

It's pure raw running power vs small quarter bursts
Vick vs Murray
Chris Johnson vs Sproles
AP vs Tarik Cohen
Terrell Davis vs Barry Sanders

Quote:
Kyer can make any throw that Vick could. He has borderline Mahones level ability to throw the football, it's his decision making/accuracy that will determine if he's just OK or a great player. He's been the best player at every level he has played at being 5'10, he knows how to play at his height. That isn't going to change in the NFL. It's not like Dlineman are significantly taller in the NFL than the Alabama defense he torched in the second half.

That's to my point as well. Kyler has arm talent. Vick has a strong arm. Which is why I said Kyler is closer to Mahomes than Vick

Quote:
Being compared does not mean being the same. It's a very general guideline.

Thanks for reiterating my point from the beginning. Which is why I say Vick and Murray aren't as comparable as Wilson and Murray
Old 05-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #45
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Kyler is absolutely a freak athlete, he is the only athlete EVER to be drafted 1st round in both MLB and NFL. Neither Bo or Deion accomplished that. I personally like Wilson comparisons just because they are pretty much the exact same size, but Kyler is way more athletic than Wilson.

Kyler is an elite talented athlete. In terms of an accomplished athlete at his juncture he's nearly unmatched. But when I say freak, I'm talking measurables unheard of. Vick has close to the fastest 40 times of all-time in ANY position.

Quote:
Floor being Manziel is bogus...Manziel busted due to his spoiled frat party mind state. Kyler doesnt have that issue. Kylers floor probably more like RG3. Kyler's ceiling is "sky's the limit"

That's yet to be seen though. Manziel's biggest enemy was his off field issues. Going into the draft if he didn't have the drinking and partying issue with the ego, he'd be....Kyler Murray.

But don't get me wrong, I love Kyler. I'm excited for the Cards. I especially like that they have to go against Seattle twice a year. I hate the Seahawks
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: