Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #76
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I want my CHIPS with the DIP
Posts: 11,824
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I was talking about straight cap, not the MLE.

Not sure on Bev, I'd have to look at contending teams....certainly he'll be in high demand imo.

Yes, 10 to 12 will most likely get you a Green or Reddick, although they may want multiple years as well. That was my point...that 10 to 12 of cap is only getting you 1 quality role player now.

Right but what I was saying was use that cap space (12.5m after hypothetically signing Dlo) to go out and nab Green/Redick and a guy like Pat Bev. Whether that mean to throw all 12.5 to Green and give Bev the 6m MLE or whatever, so be it.


IDK man I think the team will be fine tbh, can't really go too wrong with Bron/AD as your building blocks.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #77
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,231
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Right but what I was saying was use that cap space (12.5m after hypothetically signing Dlo) to go out and nab Green/Redick and a guy like Pat Bev. Whether that mean to throw all 12.5 to Green and give Bev the 6m MLE or whatever, so be it.


IDK man I think the team will be fine tbh, can't really go too wrong with Bron/AD as your building blocks.

I think the team will be fine as well. I love the trade for both teams.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #78
Kingwillball
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Kingwillball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,051
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Non Max player/top of line wishlist: Beverly,Brogdan, Collison, Rozier....Reddick,Ross, Lamb, Green...Bogdonovich,Miratic, Lopez,Morris
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #79
RealSkipBayless
Averaging 1.4 ppg
 
RealSkipBayless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Undisputed set
Posts: 1,940
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

No 3rd star.

Our biggest splash should be Brogdon. Just go up to 18m. Bucks won’t match.

High priority: Danny Green/Dewayne Dedmon

Others targets: Lopez, Seth Curry, Rondo, McGee, Stephenson, Sefalosha (not sure if JR Smith is available)

Not sure about JJ. Dude gets abused defensively.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #80
Kingwillball
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Kingwillball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,051
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
No 3rd star.

Our biggest splash should be Brogdon. Just go up to 18m. Bucks won’t match.

High priority: Danny Green/Dewayne Dedmon

Others targets: Lopez, Seth Curry, Rondo, McGee, Stephenson, Sefalosha (not sure if JR Smith is available)

Not sure about JJ. Dude gets abused defensively.

Brogdon would be nice on Lakers as option 3 or 4.. I like Lamb or Ross at SG not huge names but plenty of gm for lakers needs. If lakers get 2/3 guys on my list preferably one from each category they will be true championship contender..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #81
LAVAR BALL
High School Starter
 
LAVAR BALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In Yo Lane
Posts: 834
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
No 3rd star.

Our biggest splash should be Brogdon. Just go up to 18m. Bucks won’t match.

High priority: Danny Green/Dewayne Dedmon

Others targets: Lopez, Seth Curry, Rondo, McGee, Stephenson, Sefalosha (not sure if JR Smith is available)

Not sure about JJ. Dude gets abused defensively.

I don't know the Buck's cap situation, but a 24 yo 50/40/90/Good Defense/Poised player for 18M a year? I would match without second thoughts. The guy could be a legit second option/2nd floor general in a few years
LAVAR BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #82
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes
 
sammichoffate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,879
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
I don't know the Buck's cap situation, but a 24 yo 50/40/90/Good Defense/Poised player for 18M a year? I would match without second thoughts. The guy could be a legit second option/2nd floor general in a few years
Fking Eric Bledsoe got that much and brogdan is way better than him lol
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #83
RealSkipBayless
Averaging 1.4 ppg
 
RealSkipBayless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Undisputed set
Posts: 1,940
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
I don't know the Buck's cap situation, but a 24 yo 50/40/90/Good Defense/Poised player for 18M a year? I would match without second thoughts. The guy could be a legit second option/2nd floor general in a few years
If they did match after resigning Middleton they would be paying a lot in luxury tax. Though that might not matter to them. So you prob right.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #84
ZenMaster
Whap'em
 
ZenMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,183
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

It's a bit dependent on whether or not Davis is supposed to take the 5 or 4 spot, but if Kawhi or perhaps Kyrie aren't possible, these would be some of the players that fit best around AD, Lebron and Kuzma.

Center
Lopez or Dedmon(if AD wants the 4 spot), with Kuzma as a 6th man or potentially Lopez or Dedmon could be the 6th man with AD starting at the 5, though the former being the likely scenario.

Forward
Bogdanovic, Ariza, Mirotic

Guard
Beverly, Brogdon, Reddick, Rubio, Green, Curry

AD - Lebron - Kuzma - Brogdon - Beverly I think is my favorite realistic starting 5 next year if Kawhi isn't coming and AD wants the 5 spot.
Javale - Wagner - Ariza - Bullock - Rondo for backups or something similar.

If AD wants the 4 spot I think my favorite would be something similar to

Lopez/Dedmon - AD - Lebron - Brogdon - Beverly

Javale - Wagner - Kuzma - Bullock/KCP(if he can be signed going over the cap due to bird rights) - Rondo as backups.

Last edited by ZenMaster : 06-18-2019 at 05:59 AM.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #85
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,231
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

At the end of the day, the Lakers can't make the same idiotic moves they did last summer.

It will be hard to get what is needed, but what is needed is abundantly clear...just like last year.

This team needs defense, shooting, and guard play. Anyone that argues shooting isn't what this team needs...doesn't know a damn thing.

Can they get what they really need? I'm not sure, but guys like Rondo/Lance are the exact opposite of what this team needed last year...and that remains true this year.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #86
Bosnian Sajo
Bernie 2020
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I want my CHIPS with the DIP
Posts: 11,824
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
At the end of the day, the Lakers can't make the same idiotic moves they did last summer.

It will be hard to get what is needed, but what is needed is abundantly clear...just like last year.

This team needs defense, shooting, and guard play. Anyone that argues shooting isn't what this team needs...doesn't know a damn thing.

Can they get what they really need? I'm not sure, but guys like Rondo/Lance are the exact opposite of what this team needed last year...and that remains true this year.

Agreed with everything except for the last line...Rondo could absolutely have played better for us, no doubt. But Lance had a nice season for himself and a positive impact on the team. I have absolutely no problem with the team bringing him back as the backup shooting guard.

He shot 37% from three, played good defense, was unselfish, and had no issues as a member of the Lakers whatsoever. He got a tech here and there, but his impact was more positive than negative.


I wouldn't give him any of the cap room (obviously) or even the smaller MLE; Give him the vets minimum and if he accepts, welcome back to the team my G. Same goes for Rondo honestly, if he's willing to accept the vet minimum, welcome back to the team.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #87
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,231
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Agreed with everything except for the last line...Rondo could absolutely have played better for us, no doubt. But Lance had a nice season for himself and a positive impact on the team. I have absolutely no problem with the team bringing him back as the backup shooting guard.

He shot 37% from three, played good defense, was unselfish, and had no issues as a member of the Lakers whatsoever. He got a tech here and there, but his impact was more positive than negative.


I wouldn't give him any of the cap room (obviously) or even the smaller MLE; Give him the vets minimum and if he accepts, welcome back to the team my G. Same goes for Rondo honestly, if he's willing to accept the vet minimum, welcome back to the team.

Lance on the vet minimum would probably be fine, but I don't know...he's always a bit of an annoyance. Sometimes for the opposite team, sometimes for his own team.

But on the vet minimum...I think that is fine...I was talking about how they spend the real cap space, not just fill out roster with minimum level players.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #88
LAmbruh
Landslide honors
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: The Consensus™
Posts: 8,224
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

"Fill it up"


"Don't stop"



-Jeanie Buss
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #89
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,385
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
It's a bit dependent on whether or not Davis is supposed to take the 5 or 4 spot, but if Kawhi or perhaps Kyrie aren't possible, these would be some of the players that fit best around AD, Lebron and Kuzma.

Center
Lopez or Dedmon(if AD wants the 4 spot), with Kuzma as a 6th man or potentially Lopez or Dedmon could be the 6th man with AD starting at the 5, though the former being the likely scenario.

Forward
Bogdanovic, Ariza, Mirotic

Guard
Beverly, Brogdon, Reddick, Rubio, Green, Curry

AD - Lebron - Kuzma - Brogdon - Beverly I think is my favorite realistic starting 5 next year if Kawhi isn't coming and AD wants the 5 spot.
Javale - Wagner - Ariza - Bullock - Rondo for backups or something similar.

If AD wants the 4 spot I think my favorite would be something similar to

Lopez/Dedmon - AD - Lebron - Brogdon - Beverly

Javale - Wagner - Kuzma - Bullock/KCP(if he can be signed going over the cap due to bird rights) - Rondo as backups.

I would focus resources on guards..

AD is good enough at C and Lebron/Kuzma can both play 3+4. We have Wagner as backup and probably Jonathan Williams as 3rd string center for supercheap. We have enough versatility there between center/forward, but guards we don't have on roster except Bonga, who is 3rd string sg project I don't count yet.

We need guards guards guards.

Either starting pg or sg needs to be good defender. And one of them has to be able to hit the 3. Or you can have a 3-and-D player.. So yes, I agree with the bold portion. It would be a perfect backcourt. However, Brogdon will be offered about $20-22m/yr range by Bucks so that's tough to match

We should go after Beverley certainly with the MLE, so we should get a sg first to max out cap before MLE activates

Last edited by bladefd : 06-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #90
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 35,003
Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

the fill-out needs to happen....

as of now, not enough.



Beverley, Brogdon, Green, Bog, Butler, Dedmon... 1/2 of these must be gotten


maybe that Paul buyout fantasy
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy