Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #31
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,273
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Going to rebuild late summer-fall; think I might go back to AMD for the first time in 12+ years. The performance:price is incredible right now. Especially if you include Freesync vs. G-Sync.

Nice to finally have some competition back in the market.

yeah AMD is definitely the overall winner on price/performance ratio these days. unfortunately the current gen AMD GPUs are fantastic for cryptocurrency mining, so thanks to the etherium craze these GPUs are all massively overpriced right now. if you can find a rx580 right now, it probably costs about the same as a gtx1070 (a card that will completely destroy it for gaming purposes).

AMD has their vega generation cards coming out within the next month, supposedly those will be able to compete with the highest end nvidia cards... supposedly.

Last edited by Nanners : 07-08-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #32
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,149
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

was looking at the computer set up for the Volvo X90 that Uber uses as their self-driving platform:
4 Xeon 10 physical Core Cpus
8 1080GTX
4TB+
All 'water cooled'

makes sense since the central computer on-board each vehicle has to handle massive amounts of data from the LiDar, and optical cameras.

Last edited by highwhey : 07-08-2017 at 01:02 PM.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #33
Draz
The People's Choice
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Strong Men Island
Posts: 20,048
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

These niggvs could put down payments on a house with this kinda money
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #34
diamenz
Decent college freshman
 
diamenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

i went pretty nuts last month.

z390 asrock extreme 4
9700k
rtx 2080
16gb corsair
650w seasonic

plays most games @ 4k 60fps at max or close to max. very happy with it.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #35
Andrei89
#HEATNATION
 
Andrei89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,397
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
i went pretty nuts last month.

z390 asrock extreme 4
9700k
rtx 2080
16gb corsair
650w seasonic

plays most games @ 4k 60fps at max or close to max. very happy with it.



Daaamn son.

I am still running my old rig.

I only play CSGO on my PC so I am looking at buying the Zowie 240HZ screen.

I never realized how sweet 240HZ screen is until I played on it CSGO. A totally different game and a joy to play it.

I always thought getting 200 FPS at CSGO is great. I never knew it makes no difference unless you got a gaming screen that can support that amount of FPS.

Basically if you got a 2080 RTX and I have 770GTX but we both got 60HZ screens the extra FPS won't matter.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #36
baudkarma
Decent playground baller
 
baudkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 316
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Cougar Panzer Max full tower case.
Corsair RM850x power supply.
Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5 mobo
AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU
16GB Ripjaws V DDR4-3200
ASUS GeForce 1050Ti GPU
XPG SX6000 256GB M.2 SSD
WD Black 5TB HD
AOpen 27" curved 144Hz Monitor
AOC crappy 27" side monitor
baudkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #37
diamenz
Decent college freshman
 
diamenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89


Daaamn son.

I am still running my old rig.

I only play CSGO on my PC so I am looking at buying the Zowie 240HZ screen.

I never realized how sweet 240HZ screen is until I played on it CSGO. A totally different game and a joy to play it.

I always thought getting 200 FPS at CSGO is great. I never knew it makes no difference unless you got a gaming screen that can support that amount of FPS.

Basically if you got a 2080 RTX and I have 770GTX but we both got 60HZ screens the extra FPS won't matter.

ya i havent had the luxury of experiencing high hz gaming yet. i'm better off not knowing what i'm missing, lol. i tried to get into bf5, but man - that shit just makes me wanna pick up cs again. getting blown up by tanks and planes isn't my thing. if i'm gonna get raped i want it to at least be good rape.

playing with randoms in cs can be hit or miss tho, and u end up chasing that good game that takes hours to get to and u look up and it's 2am.

Last edited by diamenz : 02-16-2019 at 09:49 PM.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #38
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,273
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
ya i havent had the luxury of experiencing high hz gaming yet. i'm better off not knowing what i'm missing, lol. i tried to get into bf5, but man - that shit just makes me wanna pick up cs again. getting blown up by tanks and planes isn't my thing. if i'm gonna get raped i want it to at least be good rape.

playing with randoms in cs can be hit or miss tho, and u end up chasing that good game that takes hours to get to and u look up and it's 2am.

part of the problem might be the fact that BF5 is just a really shitty game...

if you get a chance try BF1, its MUCH better imo
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #39
eliteballer
3-time NBA All-Star
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,577
Default Re: Post your gaming rig

Good stuff.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy