Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Since it's being widely reported that the Los Angeles Lakers are looking for a free agent PG, they should sign the best free agent point guard that is available, Theo Papaloukas.

Papaloukas is a big guard and knows how to tun the triangle offense, so he would fit perfectly with the team once they probably eventually have to grovel to Phil Jackson to bring him back.

Papaloukas is a free agent, and is still looking for a team this season. His asking price in Europe is said to be what would be like a $1 million NBA contract, so he would not cost that much for the Lakers.

He has been staying in shape because he has been training and practicing with the Greek club Peristeri the whole season. The Lakers have wanted to sign Papaloukas in the past.

The only issue with Papaloukas is his fear of flying, like Royce White. That is why he didn't ever play in the NBA, because NBA teams would demand him to fly a lot. Back then, he could not deal with that.

But from what I understand, he has gotten the problem under control recently. So he should be able to handle it now.

The Lakers should grab him. I mean if Pablo Prigioni can make the Knicks rotation, a full 3 years after he was considered a has been in Euroleague, then certainly Papaloukas could play for the Lakers. As even last season he was still very effective when he played.

The Lakers should jump on it, because Papaloukas won't wait around very long to sign with a team, once the Euroleague Top 16 starts.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-12-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Banned

Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

"knowing the triangle and eventually having to grovel to Phil" is not a good reason to sign him or a good way to convince the team he should be signed.

Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

We don't need a 2 ppg scorer who shoots 26% for his career. Maybe he can start for Panathinaikos

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    "knowing the triangle and eventually having to grovel to Phil" is not a good reason to sign him or a good way to convince the team he should be signed.
    He's way better than any other free agent PG that is available. Even at age 35, he's much better than Jannero Pargo and Delonte West.

they should sign khalid el amin, since he dominated in euroleague

oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    We don't need a 2 ppg scorer who shoots 26% for his career. Maybe he can start for Panathinaikos
    You are a complete idiot.

Saw him play a few years ago and he was good. Not sure what his form is now.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    they should sign khalid el amin, since he dominated in euroleague

oh wait
    http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2010

Yeah, that's some serious "domination" there. Lay off the meth.

And he's not even a free agent you ****ing dumb ass. The funniest thing is that El-Amin is much better than Jannero Pargo, that supposedly the Lakers might get. Which just proves what a fool you are all around.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-12-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Career 5 ppg on 30% in the Euroleague (Euroleague.net). Meaning that he would probably average decimal points in ppg in the NBA.

Who?

They'd probably be better off signing 45 year old Nick Van Exel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's way better than any other free agent PG that is available. Even at age 35, he's much better than Jannero Pargo and Delonte West.
    I mentioned Delonte on another thread and I still standby Delonte as the next PG for the Lakers.

Do it Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Career 5 ppg on 30% in the Euroleague (Euroleague.net). Meaning that he would probably average decimal points in ppg in the NBA.
    WTF is wrong with you? I know you are a racist, but beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I mentioned Delonte on another thread and I still standby Delonte as the next PG for the Lakers.

Do it Mitch.
    West is a good player, but he's a huge nut case. Papaloukas would be a far better choice. West isn't really a PG either. He's more of a SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    WTF is wrong with you? I know you are a racist, but beyond that?
    It's a fact that black people have more fast twitch muscles than white people. IT'S A FACT. IF YOU DISPUTE IT, YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND A RACIST.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Just because Greece is bankrupt doesn't mean the lakers have to scout bankrupt. Lakers would be fools to sign a Greek bum with no skills. kobe needs serious players around him not fools.